BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I dumped oil in a river and burned some tires Because I want my children's children to have to wear Hazmat suits just to go outside!!!

+1

hazmat suits are cool as shit

No....they are not.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Obviously, Earth Hour worked!  It was in the 70's here yesterday, today it's 46!

Algore was right!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A storm knocked out our power from about 8:15 - 9:00 last night. I had to dig out the whale oil lamps.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck no! I turned on every light in the house!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]
You know who else didn't turn off their lights for Earth Hour?

Just guess
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
non-participant in the fake "Global Warming" scam awareness program to completely shut down America.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell no, but there were a lot of dark or candle lit houses on my street. I tossed around the idea of firing up my diesel and motorcycles in my driveway, but I elected to avoid a potential swarm of angry peaceful hippies instead.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Isn't this all a bit childish?  I suppose I understand the mentality, as there are a large group of douchebags selling global warming.  Does this douchebaggishness necessitate an equal and opposite level of douchebaggishness on the part of right wingnuts?

Seriously.  Who gives a shit about global warming, let's suppose it really is a load of shit.  Do you think hydrocarbons are of infinite supply?  Do you look forward to getting some god awful cancer and dying horribly from all the shit we breathe in every day?  Do you want your kids to be the ones to pay the price?  Do you want these incessant fucking wars in the middle east over oil?  Wouldn't it be nice if we could just tell the whole area to go fuck itself?

By all means, if you don't want to believe global warming then don't.  Regardless of global warming, our current energy model is simply unsustainable.  Doesn't mean we have to have pussy little "earth day" lights off hours, or run around screaming that the earth's atmosphere is going to burn off "any day now".

It just means we don't have to be giant douchebags out of spite and instantly ridicule any kind of effort to solve our energy issue.  There really is a problem, don't let the idiotic nature of the public face of "environmentalism" confuse you.

You'll be laughing really fucking hard when your power bill is $800 a month and a gallon of gas costs $7 (inflation adjusted).
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You'll be laughing really fucking hard when your power bill is $800 a month and a gallon of gas costs $7 (inflation adjusted).

This will happen because the guy in the White House wants it that way. He has already told us so. Without taxes of this size, he cannot fund all of his wishes.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Isn't this all a bit childish?  I suppose I understand the mentality, as there are a large group of douchebags selling global warming.  Does this douchebaggishness necessitate an equal and opposite level of douchebaggishness on the part of right wingnuts?

Seriously.  Who gives a shit about global warming, let's suppose it really is a load of shit.  Do you think hydrocarbons are of infinite supply?  Do you look forward to getting some god awful cancer and dying horribly from all the shit we breathe in every day?  Do you want your kids to be the ones to pay the price?  Do you want these incessant fucking wars in the middle east over oil?  Wouldn't it be nice if we could just tell the whole area to go fuck itself?

By all means, if you don't want to believe global warming then don't.  Regardless of global warming, our current energy model is simply unsustainable.  Doesn't mean we have to have pussy little "earth day" lights off hours, or run around screaming that the earth's atmosphere is going to burn off "any day now".

It just means we don't have to be giant douchebags out of spite and instantly ridicule any kind of effort to solve our energy issue.  There really is a problem, don't let the idiotic nature of the public face of "environmentalism" confuse you.

And we'll see the $800 a month bill not because we don't have the Natural Gas or coal, ( both of which in the US are abundant) to keep the price low, rather it will be because of the asshole in chief and his cap and trade policies, the $7 a gallon gas will most likely be caused by the fucking taxes that the current administration is planning to impose on us inorder to get us to stop using fossil fuels. Global warming is a sham, when I was in high school in the late 60's and early 70's the same evidence being offered today was being posited as proof positive that global cooling was on the way that global starvation would stalk the world. 25 years ago sulphur dioxide was considered the death of lakes and the melter of buildings. Today it's never heard of at all. This movement is detrimental to the US.  It's real purpose is to weaken the US and lower our standard of living to that of a second or third world status.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top