Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/17/2008 6:13:12 PM EDT
I have noticed that there are a couple of threads where it encourages participation to monitor progress. Is there any fairly new ones starting? I can use the extra motivation to cut down some weight. i need just a little accountablity to avoid that pizza and candy bar that screams my name when I walk by it! Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:30:30 PM EDT
Well, I'm doing my own, on my own. 90 days, working out six days a week. 22 days in,
and I can see the difference and I can sure as hell measure it in weights lifted!

I'm documenting the results with a daily photograph, too.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:42:25 PM EDT
I've been thinking about going back to the old "super squat routine". Work up to one work set of 20 reps, I used to do it once or twice a year, always used 405lbs as my goal set of 20 as I had read in an aricle by Dr. Ken Leistner in Powerlifting USA that 405 for 20 reps, to legal competiton depth without knee wraps was a feat of elite strength.

I can't recall who wrote the original book, but the workout is an ass kicker. Usually after my set of 20, I would have to lay around in the floor for 20 min. to get enough energy to walk out of the gym (lol). Sure burns up the calories!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:50:08 PM EDT
The book was written by Randall Strossen. The guy that owns Ironmind.
Top Top