Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2008 6:13:12 PM EDT
I have noticed that there are a couple of threads where it encourages participation to monitor progress.  Is there any fairly new ones starting?  I can use the extra motivation to cut down some weight.  i need just a little accountablity to avoid that pizza and candy bar that screams my name when I walk by it!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'm doing my own, on my own.  90 days,  working out six days a week.  22 days in,
and I can see the difference and I can sure as hell measure it in weights lifted!

I'm documenting the results with a daily photograph, too.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been thinking about going back to the old "super squat routine". Work up to one work set of 20 reps, I used to do it once or twice a year, always used 405lbs as my goal set of 20 as I had read in an aricle by Dr. Ken Leistner in Powerlifting USA that 405 for 20 reps, to legal competiton depth without knee wraps was a feat of elite strength.

I can't recall who wrote the original book, but the workout is an ass kicker. Usually after my set of 20, I would have to lay around in the floor for 20 min. to get enough energy to walk out of the gym (lol). Sure burns up the calories!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The book was written by Randall Strossen.  The guy that owns Ironmind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top