Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 5:00:36 PM EDT
I could sure use somebody in that capacity to peruse my resume. I have a crap-load of experience but I'm not getting much response to my sumbissions.

Anybody care to take a look?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It's your follow up that counts after the Resume and cover letter, persistent but nice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a SHRM member, studying for PHR and testing later this year.  

Are you applying for a certain job?   Industry?  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's your follow up that counts after the Resume and cover letter, persistent but nice.

I'd do that if Companies listed their phone numbers. A lot of the ads I have answered are internet listings and when you send them a resume you recieve an e-mail saying 'due to the volume of responses'. I hate to piss em off. I have been hoping my qualifications / skillsets would interest them.

You think I should call them even after they intimate not to?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm looking for a GM job in the hospitality industry. I have owned a profitable rest/bar and have been doing consultant work in fixing sick hotels for some years.

The past three years, I have been on a sort of hiatis....my Father was dying of cancer and I came home to take care of him. Now it's hard to get started again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd do that if Companies listed their phone numbers. A lot of the ads I have answered are internet listings and when you send them a resume you recieve an e-mail saying 'due to the volume of responses'. I hate to piss em off. I have been hoping my qualifications / skillsets would interest them.

You think I should call them even after they intimate not to?

Oh. Sorry different situation. My experience has been more of a local thing with an intial face to face, get a business card and fax in the resume and follow up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I feel sorry for you. Get out while you still can!!

Seriously, I was in HR management & administration for years. I am 6'4", shaved head with a goatee.  I am a hunter and gun owner and I love to talk politics.

I just did not "fit in" with the typical HR crowd.

I was told at one company I worked for NOT to stand up when I greeted potential employees to shake their hand at an "open house" because I looked too intimidating. Despite a friendly smile, firm handshake and hello.

I could never go back to that again............
Top Top