Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 5:00:36 PM EDT
I could sure use somebody in that capacity to peruse my resume. I have a crap-load of experience but I'm not getting much response to my sumbissions.

Anybody care to take a look?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It's your follow up that counts after the Resume and cover letter, persistent but nice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a SHRM member, studying for PHR and testing later this year.  

Are you applying for a certain job?   Industry?  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's your follow up that counts after the Resume and cover letter, persistent but nice.

I'd do that if Companies listed their phone numbers. A lot of the ads I have answered are internet listings and when you send them a resume you recieve an e-mail saying 'due to the volume of responses'. I hate to piss em off. I have been hoping my qualifications / skillsets would interest them.

You think I should call them even after they intimate not to?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm looking for a GM job in the hospitality industry. I have owned a profitable rest/bar and have been doing consultant work in fixing sick hotels for some years.

The past three years, I have been on a sort of hiatis....my Father was dying of cancer and I came home to take care of him. Now it's hard to get started again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd do that if Companies listed their phone numbers. A lot of the ads I have answered are internet listings and when you send them a resume you recieve an e-mail saying 'due to the volume of responses'. I hate to piss em off. I have been hoping my qualifications / skillsets would interest them.

You think I should call them even after they intimate not to?

Oh. Sorry different situation. My experience has been more of a local thing with an intial face to face, get a business card and fax in the resume and follow up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I feel sorry for you. Get out while you still can!!

Seriously, I was in HR management & administration for years. I am 6'4", shaved head with a goatee.  I am a hunter and gun owner and I love to talk politics.

I just did not "fit in" with the typical HR crowd.

I was told at one company I worked for NOT to stand up when I greeted potential employees to shake their hand at an "open house" because I looked too intimidating. Despite a friendly smile, firm handshake and hello.

I could never go back to that again............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top