Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/21/2005 3:31:33 PM EDT
Yesterday my next door neighbor's dog was attacked by a pit.

The neighbor's dog was on its tie-out and, of course, in its yard when the pit bull, who was being walked and not on a leash, decided it needed to attack the neighbor's dog. An emergency room visit and $190+ later the neighbor's dog is home and is expected to make a full recovery.

This PB is considered a "well-behaved" dog. Its owners walk it all the time without a leash. I'd like to say the owners don't train dogs correctly; however, they have a golden retreiver they also walk without a leash and it hasn't had any problems.

I wish I was around to see it. They wouldn't have had to worry about their PB anymore, well except for the burial.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:11:14 PM EDT
again, this is a case where it is the owners fault. Any dog can freak out, what kind of idiot would walk a dog capable of as much damage as a pit without a leash.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:14:17 PM EDT
I've got two very highly trained boxers. One of them I would trust in almost any situation. The other can walk off lead when we go hiking but I never trust her around other dogs. I know better. Sound like these people should have known better too ... Not necessarily the dog's fault.
Top Top