Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/18/2001 5:09:04 PM EDT
Hi, First of I'd like to thank the board for being do helpful in getting me started in shooting. I think I would have ended up with a 10/22 if it weren't for this board among others. With that said I have another Iowa question. In Iowa if you have a Pistol permit that is manditory here, it allows you to bypass the backround check at shops, so my question is can you order a gun online without going throght an FFL with a valid Iowa weapons permit?
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 5:32:19 PM EDT
An Iowa permit to purchase pistols or revolvers involves a background check when you apply. When you get your permit you may purchase handguns and long guns in state and the dealer does not have to do a background check for each purchase. You still have to go through an FFL if you order a firearm. The person(dealer) that you order from would have to ship it to your co-operating FFL for you to pick up there. Hope this helps a little.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 5:38:28 PM EDT
Ditto siam. The annual permit to purchase pistols is just that. Unless you want an old Mosin or a kit, you must go through an FFL. By the way, did you buy an AR ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 6:08:14 PM EDT
Siam has it right. [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 7:31:42 PM EDT
Saim, You betcha, because of my new job installing suround sound systems and car stero's after school I am now the pround owner of a Bushmaster 20" XM-15 with AK brake, a Bushy M-17s and a Calico Liberty 100. If you can't tell I'm realy getting into this. I think my next big purchase (after I get a new computer) is going to be a Beta C-mag for the AR
Top Top