Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2001 5:09:04 PM EDT
Hi,
First of I'd like to thank the board for being do helpful in getting me started in shooting. I think I would have ended up with a 10/22 if it weren't for this board among others. With that said I have another Iowa question. In Iowa if you have a Pistol permit that is manditory here, it allows you to bypass the backround check at shops, so my question is can you order a gun online without going throght an FFL with a valid Iowa weapons permit?
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
 An Iowa permit to purchase pistols or revolvers involves a background check when you apply. When you get your permit you may purchase handguns and long guns in state and the dealer does not have to do a background check for each purchase. You still have to go through an FFL if you order a firearm. The person(dealer) that you order from would have to ship it to your co-operating FFL for you to pick up there. Hope this helps a little.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto siam.
The annual permit to purchase pistols is just that. Unless you want an old Mosin or a kit, you must go through an FFL.
By the way, did you buy an AR ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Siam has it right. [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Saim,
You betcha, because of my new job installing suround sound systems and car stero's after school I am now the pround owner of a Bushmaster 20" XM-15 with AK brake, a Bushy M-17s and a Calico Liberty 100. If you can't tell I'm realy getting into this. I think my next big purchase (after I get a new computer) is going to be a Beta C-mag for the AR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top