BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know pricing info on these?

$600-800 and I am interested, $1,500+ forget it!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
no SVD no care
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The "modern rifle"
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL "assault rifle" from the article. Assaulting trash cans since forever.

Kind of interested though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no SVD no care
View Quote

I've always wanted one too for some reason.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
no SVD no care
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder what the pricing schedule will be?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no SVD no care

Me too, even though I have no use for one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#10]
bah....no prices...

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
They better  be higher quality than the foriegn crap.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#12]
will they be 4MOA or 5????
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep.

No prices.

With AR15 build prices being $400, these better be CHEAP or they ain't gon move.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They just licensed the name, they have 0 to do with Kalashnikov. Great marketing idea though.
View Quote

THIS.

Do. Not. Want.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They just licensed the name, they have 0 to do with Kalashnikov. Great marketing idea though.
View Quote
Except the specs are Kalashnikov  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yep.

No prices.

With AR15 build prices being $400, these better be CHEAP or they ain't gon move.

View Quote
Show me?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#17]

This the only modern AK is the AK12 we were so close
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#18]
US Palm magazines, and options that look like it got dragged kicking and screaming through a CAA catalog.

No thanks.

Now, if they started to import AK 103 standard cap magazines, color me interested.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe I have been out of the loop on newer versions of the AK, but what's up with the trigger guards on the standard AK pattern rifles in that catalog? The trigger guard bends back toward the stock and looks like it is riveted instead of meeting up with the mag release.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Show me?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

No prices.

Show me?

If you want a PTAC or similar. A regular PSA can be had for ~$600.

Not a fan of the furniture. Looks cheap. If they wanted to modernize it they should have put better accessories. But I'd like a traditional Russian black polymer offering.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's even worse. They're making them to Saiga specs, when they can build them to real Russian AK specs right out of the factory. What a massive fucking fail. The whole point of making them retarded is to legally import them, then try to convert them to something resembling an AK-47

Why aren't they making AK-100 series? That's the only thing people would buy from them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Maybe I have been out of the loop on newer versions of the AK, but what's up with the trigger guards on the standard AK pattern rifles in that catalog? The trigger guard bends back toward the stock and looks like it is riveted instead of meeting up with the mag release.
View Quote

Maybe it's my eyes, but everything looks weird on them. The muzzle brake looks wrong. No cleaning rod? No bayonet lug?

All I wanted was an AK-74M in 5.45 and 7.62
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's even worse. They're making them to Saiga specs, when they can build them to real Russian AK specs right out of the factory. What a massive fucking fail. The whole point of making them retarded is to legally import them, then try to convert them to something resembling an AK-47

Why aren't they making AK-100 series? That's the only thing people would buy from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sporter models are nice for ban states. They used to be ~$350 which was a good price. Last I saw they were ~$700. If they can bring them down to $400 or so again I'd like to buy one as I live in CA. So no evil looking guns. But it would be nice to have a useful semi auto.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Show me?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

No prices.

Show me?

There was a thread a while back on a $350 ish parts kit on brownells IIRC just needed to add your lower.

The deals for very cheap builds are out there.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lazy conversions, more or less.

My converted Saiga looks kinda similar.

I noticed that the "normal look" models of the rifle retain the bolt hold open of the sporter rifles. You can see it on the picture of mine, as I kept mine as well, though I shortened the actuator so that it woudln't interfere with the trigger guard as much.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I want that zany Kalashnikov pistol
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Show me?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

No prices.

Show me?

PSA has had tons of rifle kits for $379 with free shipping the past couple weeks. Anderson lowers can currently be had for $39 and free shipping. Puts you at $418+transfer fee.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe it's my eyes, but everything looks weird on them. The muzzle brake looks wrong. No cleaning rod? No bayonet lug?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh, what a bunch of bullshit. Now that you mentioned the lack of cleaning rod and bayo lug, the rifles featured in the action shots on the first few pages of the catalog aren't even fucking available to purchase. No side folders with an actual side folding trunnion.

Seriously. They had one fucking job. Make a semi-auto AK clone in 7.62 and 5.56, and maybe a sporter/ban state Saiga. It's like they either are shipping in Saigas and converting them, or only have Saiga tooling and are doing AK conversions.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like they are still using Saigas as base rifles.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#30]
It would be nice if someone would make a Type 3A AK47 with a milled steel receiver. That I'd buy in a jiffy.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
no SVD no care
View Quote

Came here to post this.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

4 with hand loads
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Huh, what a bunch of bullshit. Now that you mentioned the lack of cleaning rod and bayo lug, the rifles featured in the action shots on the first few pages of the catalog aren't even fucking available to purchase. No side folders with an actual side folding trunnion.

Seriously. They had one fucking job. Make a semi-auto AK clone in 7.62 and 5.56, and maybe a sporter/ban state Saiga. It's like they either are shipping in Saigas and converting them, or only have Saiga tooling and are doing AK conversions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. If you want a higher end AK get the Galil ACE.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Made in America and still no side folder!  People want side folder 103's and you give us fixed stock ban state shit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#35]
First off, there are no AK Barrels manufactured in the US that are CHF like the Saiga barrels, so that's a big strike against these. This company has never built anything and have been an importer only, so it remains to be seen what the quality will be. Also, they didn't license the Kalishnikov name, but rather hijacked it...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Are you feeling lucky.... Ivan?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Why is it that US magazine manufactures can't get it through their heads that we don't really want a super trick AK magazine, we would rather have one that looks like (and are as durable) the issue magazines.

If Tapco ever decides to properly reinforce these magazines, I'll probably buy a case of them.

ETA: As it is, these are most likely more durable than those Circle 11 Radom magazines (of which I have a handful).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why is it that US magazine manufactures can't get it through their heads that we don't really want a super trick AK magazine, we would rather have one that looks like (and are as durable) the issue magazines.

If Tapco ever decides to properly reinforce these magazines, I'll probably buy a case of them.

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/TAPMAG0632ORN.jpg

ETA: As it is, these are most likely more durable than those Circle 11 Radom magazines (of which I have a handful).
View Quote

Cost (and the majority of the market doesn't know or care).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Looking at their catalog I'm gonna have to say thanks but no thanks. Lots of fugliness going on there. Somebody will probably buy that stuff though. I'm good with my Polish, Bulgarian, Egyptian and Yugo AK's. American made doesn't always mean it's better.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyone know pricing info on these?

$600-800 $300 - 400 and I am interested, $1,500+ forget it!
View Quote

FIFY

The only good thing about commie guns was that they were cheap.

Now that they're not, I don't know why people waste their time with them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#41]
No 5.45?

Dammit I need a cheap 5.45 to burn up this 7N6 I got. :(
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone can build a AK to Kalashnikov specs, and there are companies who have been doing here longer. Whatever the Russians consider a TDP is not a State Secret, and frankly you can build one better.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It would be nice if someone would make a Type 3A AK47 with a milled steel receiver. That I'd buy in a jiffy.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/AK_47.JPG

View Quote

You mean like an Arsenal SAM7R?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
no SVD no care
View Quote

TPNI. I build all the AKs I want. It gives me something to do.

Sometimes in the shower I daydream about reverse engineering a SVD or TIGR, starting a business, and reproducing them as faithfully as possible.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
First off, there are no AK Barrels manufactured in the US that are CHF like the Saiga barrels, so that's a big strike against these. This company has never built anything and have been an importer only, so it remains to be seen what the quality will be. Also, they didn't license the Kalishnikov name, but rather hijacked it...
View Quote

If I had to wager I'd bet their descriptions are bullshit and they are just unloading a bunch of Saiga stock that they waved a magic wand over to make "922r compliant".
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
US Palm magazines, and options that look like it got dragged kicking and screaming through a CAA catalog.
View Quote

Telephone number on the back cover of the catalog comes back as Command Arms Accessories... so yeah.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the Saiga's defense, they are AK-100 series rifles, just without the bayo lug or the proper muzzle brake. Mine lacks the magazine dimples, but those weren't ever necessary on the AK 100's, as the dimples were just a way to strengthen the AKM receiver. More importantly, they share the same bolt and carrier as the AK-100 series 7.62 rifles, which are different from the bolt and carrier from a 7.62x39 AKM.

ETA: Due to a lack of an integral bullet guide, Saiga's use a different front trunnion, too. This was done as a 922r trick to sort of keep them from using AKM magazines, they just put the bullet guides on the magazines themselves. For a Saiga conversion, its an easy fix, you just bolt or rivet in a guide, and then file on the mag catch until regular AKM mags will lock into place. From what I've heard about the 5.45 versions of the unconverted rifles, no modification to the latch itself is necessary, just the bullet guide. If they would show the left side of the gun, it would be incredibly easy to determine if they are just converted Saiga's, as they have an extra rivet on the left side, which is used for bolt lock-up. This rivet is obviously missing from a true AK 100 or(slight edit, AK100's are apparently built the same way, just with a riveted in guide) AKM, as the bullet guide in the non-sporter rifles also had that piece which does the same thing.

ETA2: If anyone is wondering why there is paint missing from my now removed original FCG rivet, its because the rifles are riveted together before they are painted, and I don't remember where my spare set of plastic filler buttons went that fill that hole semi-properly. Filling the holes with weld and a re-paint are on the sort of to-do list, I guess.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

In the Saiga's defense, they are AK-100 series rifles, just without the bayo lug or the proper muzzle brake. Mine lacks the magazine dimples, but those weren't ever necessary on the AK 100's, as the dimples were just a way to strengthen the AKM receiver. More importantly, they share the same bolt and carrier as the AK-100 series 7.62 rifles, which are different from the bolt and carrier from a 7.62x39 AKM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No reason to defend the pure Izhmash goodness that is a Saiga.

I was commenting on the "American Made" description.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I understand, the "USA" Kalishnikov rifles are not "made" in the USA, just built off of current Saiga sporter rifles (like the old SGL-21's that Arsenal did were).

A big give away in that PDF is that they ALL retain the factory sporter Saiga bolt hold open device (which can be seen in the trigger guard of my photo). To my knowledge, real AK 100's do not have those.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

That makes them no different than S&W or Colt both have had multiple owners  Even Ruger is not the same company that was founded.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top