Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand, these are in no way related to the actual Kalashnikov brand other than the name. They are not a US branch of the Russian company, they are just another US company that stole the name.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
With ARs less than $500, what's the point.  AKs were cool when they were 1/4 the price of a Bushmaster.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
i talked to a manufacturer that is planning a SVD release.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Who?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#5]
They made sure to point out that "One of the rifles features a curved, banana-style high-capacity magazine with 30 rounds."

Gotta make sure you scare your readers, don't ya CNN?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]

It got bukkaked by CAA.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That makes them no different than S&W or Colt both have had multiple owners  Even Ruger is not the same company that was founded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They just licensed the name, they have 0 to do with Kalashnikov. Great marketing idea though.

That makes them no different than S&W or Colt both have had multiple owners  Even Ruger is not the same company that was founded.

Yeah, but with S&W and Colt the tooling and workers stayed through the years. Here they are using none of the original AK tooling (unless you count the Saigas they start with).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There was a thread a while back on a $350 ish parts kit on brownells IIRC just needed to add your lower.

The deals for very cheap builds are out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

No prices.

With AR15 build prices being $400, these better be CHEAP or they ain't gon move.

Show me?

There was a thread a while back on a $350 ish parts kit on brownells IIRC just needed to add your lower.

The deals for very cheap builds are out there.
Not near $400 now

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They just licensed the name, they have 0 to do with Kalashnikov. Great marketing idea though.
View Quote

That is true, but also not true. They were given the exact exect design specs from Kalashnikov Concern and at least "stated" they were going to follow them precisely. Whether they actually follow through on that or not is the question.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

From what I understand, these are in no way related to the actual Kalashnikov brand other than the name. They are not a US branch of the Russian company, they are just another US company that stole the name.
View Quote
Reading is for suckers huh?

The company was established by the original, Moscow-based Kalashnikov Concern
to export its guns into the U.S. But that plan was stymied by President
Obama's anti-Russian sanctions, to punish Russian businesses for
President Putin's war in Ukraine.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
With ARs less than $500, what's the point.  AKs were cool when they were 1/4 the price of a Bushmaster.

View Quote

Speaking for myself, I like collecting clones of foreign arms. Problem with this is it looks like just another halfassed Saiga conversion when we were expecting a proper 100 series AK. Even something more exotic like a copy of a Type 56 spiker would have been nice. It's starting to look like the SIG 556 all over again. No one wanted a heavier piston AR wannabe, but a 551a1 would have been great for us collectors.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]
A couple of the shotguns look OK.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You mean like an Arsenal SAM7R?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be nice if someone would make a Type 3A AK47 with a milled steel receiver. That I'd buy in a jiffy.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/AK_47.JPG

You mean like an Arsenal SAM7R?

More like the Arsenal Classic is what he is looking for. Be prepared to pay.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Comments are funny.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

4 with hand loads
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
will they be 4MOA or 5????

4 with hand loads

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The company was established by the original, Moscow-based Kalashnikov Concern to export its guns into the U.S. But that plan was stymied by President Obama's anti-Russian sanctions, to punish Russian businesses for President Putin's war in Ukraine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The company was established by the original, Moscow-based Kalashnikov Concern to export its guns into the U.S. But that plan was stymied by President Obama's anti-Russian sanctions, to punish Russian businesses for President Putin's war in Ukraine.

Kalashnikov USA has nothing to do with Kalashnikov Concern.

Kalashnikov and the USA

TFB Reader Fracsid and Steve ask: What is the relationship between Kalashnikov USA and Kalashnikov Concern?

The fact of the matter is that RWC company for several years has been the exclusive distributor of Kalashnikovs in the United States. After the imposition of sanctions the business of importing Russian-made weapons manufactured by the Concern was suspended.

To date, because of the imposed sanctions, the company has no rights to continue to cooperate, and even to contact representatives of Kalashnikov Concern. These measures only cause regret and impact primarily American consumers.

The contract with RWC signed in January 2014 for 5 years outlined delivery of up to 200,000 weapons per year. It is clear that RWC is interested in maintaining the US market share; that is why they filed an application for trademark registration.

Previously, the company announced independent production of Kalashnikov assault rifles in the United States. It was also reported that they established a “Kalashnikov US” corporation. The decision to create “Kalashnikov US” and begin production of Kalashnikov assault rifles in the United States was made by RWC independently. There was no consulting between RWC and Kalashnikov Concern.

For further action on the part of the Kalashnikov Group, including on the issue of similarity of the brand names, consultations are underway with lawyers and experts in the field of international law aimed at analyzing and monitoring the situation.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the rights to produce Kalashnikov rifles were issued to a number of countries, including the United States, in the 1970s, and by the elapse of time they have lost their validity. Since the 1990s the issue of protection of intellectual property and the trademark of Kalashnikov was not dealt with, and as the result, the brand found itself in a catastrophic situation from a legal point of view.

At the moment, we have started the process of trademark protection, but it is a long process intertwined with numerous litigations. In the US, the trademark had not been registered, and due to the anti-Russian sanctions, the process of registration in the United States was suspended.

It is worth noting that a similar situation exists around the American machine gun AR15, better known as M16, which is used as common stock by the US Army. The license to manufacture this rifle was issued to a number of countries, and despite the fact that it expired, it is still being produced in over 30 countries around the world.

These issues are difficult to overcome, and one of the tools is the production of innovative products, which will be drastically different from competitors.

Our company is already actively working on modernizing the line of produced weapons.

Cooperation with RWC, as mentioned above, as well as any business negotiations are currently impossible due to the sanctions.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/04/08/exclusive-alexey-krivoruchko-the-ceo-of-the-kalashnikov-group-has-answered-your-questions/

tldr: Kalashnikov USA is the same group that had the last Saiga import contract. They changed their name and are now just pimping off their remaining inventory.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh nice! They have the 12 gauge shotgun AK they're selling, in the non-fudd style.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#18]
"Kalashnikov USA announced on Tuesday that it is now selling AK-47 assault rifles and shotguns that have been manufactured at a U.S. factory.

"The Kalashnikov USA web site provides a menu of two rifles and two shotguns, all semiautomatics. One of the rifles features a curved, banana-style high-capacity magazine with 30 rounds."
View Quote

Much derp. Further down the page is a link to a related story:

Related: This is how easy it is to buy guns in America

With gems like this:

"But gun buyers don't have to go through a background check when they make a purchase at a gun show. Most Americans live somewhere near a gun show. The web site www.gunshows-usa.com lists 29 gun shows scheduled for this coming Father's Day weekend, from Las Vegas and Philadelphia to Hickory, N.C. and Salmon, Idaho. You won't find them in cities like New York, Chicago and Washington, D.C., where gun laws are far more restrictive."
View Quote

and this:

"The killer, Dylann Roof, bought his .45-caliber Glock at a gun store in Charleston, where he would have been required to pass a background check. Though he had been arrested earlier this year for trespassing and drug possession, he apparently met the legal criteria.

"Roof also displayed racist symbols on Facebook (FB, Tech30), but the FBI said that kind of information would not come up in a background check, since the database includes information on prohibited persons as defined in the Gun Control Act."
View Quote

So "racist symbols" are things that should cause a denial of a NICS check in a utopian society?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#19]
It better be cheap enough that after I buy Magpul furniture to replace the airsoft-looking stuff, it wont be too expensive.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#20]
no bayo lug means not interested . Id rather have my WASR....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

7.62x39 is one reason and for me the ergonomics are good on AKs since I'm left handed
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
no SVD no care
View Quote

3PNI
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#23]
100% of the charm in AK's for me is .. they are old and built by some wacky commie.
Id never buy a new US one
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

PSA has had tons of rifle kits for $379 with free shipping the past couple weeks. Anderson lowers can currently be had for $39 and free shipping. Puts you at $418+transfer fee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

No prices.

With AR15 build prices being $400, these better be CHEAP or they ain't gon move.
Show me?

PSA has had tons of rifle kits for $379 with free shipping the past couple weeks. Anderson lowers can currently be had for $39 and free shipping. Puts you at $418+transfer fee.

A 400 dollar AR ? not exactly something I'd bet my life on
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't get why anyone would want an American made AK.

Commie AK or nothing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#27]

...with a 30-round high capacity magazine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
100% of the charm in AK's for me is .. they are old and built by some wacky commie.
Id never buy a new US one
View Quote

Amen. At least Ivan The Drunk goes the extra mile and chrome plates the bore and chamber for us greedy capitalist pigs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In the Saiga's defense, they are AK-100 series rifles, just without the bayo lug or the proper muzzle brake. Mine lacks the magazine dimples, but those weren't ever necessary on the AK 100's, as the dimples were just a way to strengthen the AKM receiver. More importantly, they share the same bolt and carrier as the AK-100 series 7.62 rifles, which are different from the bolt and carrier from a 7.62x39 AKM.

ETA: Due to a lack of an integral bullet guide, Saiga's use a different front trunnion, too. This was done as a 922r trick to sort of keep them from using AKM magazines, they just put the bullet guides on the magazines themselves. For a Saiga conversion, its an easy fix, you just bolt or rivet in a guide, and then file on the mag catch until regular AKM mags will lock into place. From what I've heard about the 5.45 versions of the unconverted rifles, no modification to the latch itself is necessary, just the bullet guide. If they would show the left side of the gun, it would be incredibly easy to determine if they are just converted Saiga's, as they have an extra rivet on the left side, which is used for bolt lock-up. This rivet is obviously missing from a true AK 100 or(slight edit, AK100's are apparently built the same way, just with a riveted in guide) AKM, as the bullet guide in the non-sporter rifles also had that piece which does the same thing.

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/SAI762HCCEN12D.jpg

ETA2: If anyone is wondering why there is paint missing from my now removed original FCG rivet, its because the rifles are riveted together before they are painted, and I don't remember where my spare set of plastic filler buttons went that fill that hole semi-properly. Filling the holes with weld and a re-paint are on the sort of to-do list, I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Except the specs are Kalashnikov  

That's even worse. They're making them to Saiga specs, when they can build them to real Russian AK specs right out of the factory. What a massive fucking fail. The whole point of making them retarded is to legally import them, then try to convert them to something resembling an AK-47

Why aren't they making AK-100 series? That's the only thing people would buy from them.

Looks like they are still using Saigas as base rifles.

In the Saiga's defense, they are AK-100 series rifles, just without the bayo lug or the proper muzzle brake. Mine lacks the magazine dimples, but those weren't ever necessary on the AK 100's, as the dimples were just a way to strengthen the AKM receiver. More importantly, they share the same bolt and carrier as the AK-100 series 7.62 rifles, which are different from the bolt and carrier from a 7.62x39 AKM.

ETA: Due to a lack of an integral bullet guide, Saiga's use a different front trunnion, too. This was done as a 922r trick to sort of keep them from using AKM magazines, they just put the bullet guides on the magazines themselves. For a Saiga conversion, its an easy fix, you just bolt or rivet in a guide, and then file on the mag catch until regular AKM mags will lock into place. From what I've heard about the 5.45 versions of the unconverted rifles, no modification to the latch itself is necessary, just the bullet guide. If they would show the left side of the gun, it would be incredibly easy to determine if they are just converted Saiga's, as they have an extra rivet on the left side, which is used for bolt lock-up. This rivet is obviously missing from a true AK 100 or(slight edit, AK100's are apparently built the same way, just with a riveted in guide) AKM, as the bullet guide in the non-sporter rifles also had that piece which does the same thing.

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/SAI762HCCEN12D.jpg

ETA2: If anyone is wondering why there is paint missing from my now removed original FCG rivet, its because the rifles are riveted together before they are painted, and I don't remember where my spare set of plastic filler buttons went that fill that hole semi-properly. Filling the holes with weld and a re-paint are on the sort of to-do list, I guess.

5.45 and 5.56 Saigas will generally work without a bullet guide when using correct mags, but some will fail to strip the last round without one, so it makes no sense to not add it.

As for the "third rivet," it's just a fat steel pin, and Izhmash and Molot both include these in their designs now - I believe it was part of 100 series and later 74M development. At some point, someone realized that the trunnion bolt camming ramp can wear out.  The ramp was integral with the bullet guide in previous designs, but no longer is with the addition of this pin, which also makes the Saiga design possible without the bullet guide included.. If the camming surface wears out, this small pin is pressed out of the trunnion and replaced.

As for Kalashnikov USA, as others have said, they are NOT building these rifles in the US. They're just doing cheap 922r conversion jobs on a huge stockpile of imported Saigas, trying to confuse customers by passing them off as "Made in USA", since performing the 922r conversion technically makes this true, as per the ATF's reasoning..

They have said several times they would be manufacturing current design 100 series rifles in-house. We'll see. I'm calling it BS at this point.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#30]
What I don't understand is the AK47 and variants are manufactured in over 20 different countries yet everyone thinks the idea of an American AK is absurd. Why is that?

Egyptian, Polish, Yugo, Russian, Romanian, Chinese, Bulgarian, Russian, Czech, Hungarian, Albanian, Korean, etc etc etc = AK47 Bliss.....

USA = Shitty AK
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Sorry to say but these are NOT the first USA made AK-47s.  The century C39 introduced last year was the first 100% USA made AK-47 and it appears to be superior in quality to these. It has a fully milled receiver too.
I already have six arsenal SAM7s and nothing is better than those So I'm good to go!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What I don't understand is the AK47 and variants are manufactured in over 20 different countries yet everyone thinks the idea of an American AK is absurd. Why is that?

Egyptian, Polish, Yugo, Russian, Romanian, Chinese, Bulgarian, Russian, Czech, Hungarian, Albanian, Korean, etc etc etc = AK47 Bliss.....

USA = Shitty AK
View Quote

What i dont understand is why arnt firearms websites  packed with  EXACT  IMPORTED semi clone copies of ALL of those countries rifles in the $350- $400 dollar range  ???

NOPE !  instead the closest we get is a no dimple Wasr 10 and a couple of soft receiver non chrome lined yugo examples and neutered Veprs..and then a shit ton on funky ass U.S. made garbage filling the rest of the AK section for twice the cost..

basically price to quality the Romanian AK is the best and ONLY real contender..Arsenals are stupidly overpriced and ALL the U.S. models are all overpriced junk.

if all those countries were contending for market share with each others guns we would see high quality "collectable" AK's in the 400 dollar range..

WHY IS THAT NOT HAPPENING ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:38:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Now its gotten to the point where all these companys are making their own crappy versions of AK's when they should be out getting these countries to make importable chrome lined semi clones..

now that i think about it ,

i bet that's why we dont see them ? ..Now that Century etc have skin in the game they dont want those good quality semi imports flooding the market at $400 bucks AND they certainly arent going to go out looking for countries to MAKE THEM !..

fucking sucks for us..
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:44:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Kalashnikov USA is a complete joke.  Basically, the importer for Saigas rebranded their company with the Kalashnikov name.  Now they are doing half ass Saiga conversions.  The whole operation is just an excuse to move their old Saiga stock at inflated prices because of the sanctions preventing more from being imported.  

Quoted:

USA = Shitty AK
View Quote

Because up until very recently, all of the 100% US made AKs were piles of crap.  They were an exercise in corner cutting so they could be cost competitive with the cheap imports.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:53:57 AM EDT
[#35]
so keep the imports out of the game !.

if they could , i bet that's exactly what they would do OR ARE DOING ! ..Cut the imports or not stock them and keep the prices high  !

you know they are thinking about it..

example : where are the correct VEPR's ?

Why havent we seen a shit ton of them imported in correct AKM pattern that the U.S. market WANTS  ???

WHERE    ARE     THEY    ????
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:06:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lazy conversions, more or less.

My converted Saiga looks kinda similar.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/brownj255/Firearms/20150609_201635_zpsaj82chif.jpg

I noticed that the "normal look" models of the rifle retain the bolt hold open of the sporter rifles. You can see it on the picture of mine, as I kept mine as well, though I shortened the actuator so that it woudln't interfere with the trigger guard as much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe I have been out of the loop on newer versions of the AK, but what's up with the trigger guards on the standard AK pattern rifles in that catalog? The trigger guard bends back toward the stock and looks like it is riveted instead of meeting up with the mag release.

Lazy conversions, more or less.

My converted Saiga looks kinda similar.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/brownj255/Firearms/20150609_201635_zpsaj82chif.jpg

I noticed that the "normal look" models of the rifle retain the bolt hold open of the sporter rifles. You can see it on the picture of mine, as I kept mine as well, though I shortened the actuator so that it woudln't interfere with the trigger guard as much.

That's weirdly hot.... I like the mix of the "modern" stock with the wood foregrip.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:15:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
so keep the imports out of the game !.

if they could , i bet that's exactly what they would do OR ARE DOING ! ..Cut the imports or not stock them and keep the prices high  !

you know they are thinking about it..

example : where are the correct VEPR's ?

Why havent we seen a shit ton of them imported in correct AKM pattern that the U.S. market WANTS  ???

WHERE    ARE     THEY    ????
View Quote

What are you talking about.. cutting imports?  There are sanctions against Russia that completely shut down the Saiga imports.  It isn't some business game going on to keep prices high, it was the US government trying to punish Russia.

VEPRs aren't made in "correct AKM pattern."  VEPRs just are what they are.

The Russians aren't obligated to make anything because it's "what the US market WANTS."  They primarily make military weapons for their own use and export.  The US market is like a bonus round to them.  

After talking to a few different companies who have imported AKs from Russia, they are notoriously difficult to deal with and not willing to make a special run of anything.  According to Atlantic Firearms, it took years to get the Russians to send us a Saiga sporter that used a standard AKM handguard and had a threaded FSB with a welded cover over the threads.

You seem to live in some fantasy world.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

With gems like this:

and this:

So "racist symbols" are things that should cause a denial of a NICS check in a utopian society?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"Kalashnikov USA announced on Tuesday that it is now selling AK-47 assault rifles and shotguns that have been manufactured at a U.S. factory.

"The Kalashnikov USA web site provides a menu of two rifles and two shotguns, all semiautomatics. One of the rifles features a curved, banana-style high-capacity magazine with 30 rounds."

With gems like this:

"But gun buyers don't have to go through a background check when they make a purchase at a gun show. Most Americans live somewhere near a gun show. The web site www.gunshows-usa.com lists 29 gun shows scheduled for this coming Father's Day weekend, from Las Vegas and Philadelphia to Hickory, N.C. and Salmon, Idaho. You won't find them in cities like New York, Chicago and Washington, D.C., where gun laws are far more restrictive."

and this:

"The killer, Dylann Roof, bought his .45-caliber Glock at a gun store in Charleston, where he would have been required to pass a background check. Though he had been arrested earlier this year for trespassing and drug possession, he apparently met the legal criteria.

"Roof also displayed racist symbols on Facebook (FB, Tech30), but the FBI said that kind of information would not come up in a background check, since the database includes information on prohibited persons as defined in the Gun Control Act."

Im glad I stopped at "banana style high capacity magazine with 30 rounds" b/c if I read that whole thing id probably punch my computer monitor!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sorry to say but these are NOT the first USA made AK-47s.  The century C39 introduced last year was the first 100% USA made AK-47 and it appears to be superior in quality to these. It has a fully milled receiver too.
I already have six arsenal SAM7s and nothing is better than those So I'm good to go!
View Quote

You can still get milled receivers made here but they are not forged just CNC milled from a solid block of cold rolled steel. Probably plenty strong enough but just don't have the authentic look and feel of a true forged receiver. I believe Arsenal of Bulgaria is the only one left using the giant forging presses. China scrapped theirs in the early 90's after the Legend / Mak-90 milled series was discontinued.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they licensed the TDP?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I want that zany Kalashnikov pistol
View Quote

+1 One can hope
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#42]
If makers would stop TAPCOing the fuck out of their products and create a traditional non-neutered AK, I might buy one.

Also if lgs would stop stocking TAPCOd out AKs, I might buy one.

I haven't seen a traditional quality AK in years.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#43]
When it comes to an "American-made Kalashnikov", I'd rather have something redesigned from the ground up, like this:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227943
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why is it that US magazine manufactures can't get it through their heads that we don't really want a super trick AK magazine, we would rather have one that looks like (and are as durable) the issue magazines.

If Tapco ever decides to properly reinforce these magazines, I'll probably buy a case of them.

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/TAPMAG0632ORN.jpg

ETA: As it is, these are most likely more durable than those Circle 11 Radom magazines (of which I have a handful).
View Quote

I actually prefer Tapco AK mags over US Palm or Magpul. They are good mags.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#46]
It grabs my attention every time a new gun or manufacturer hits the market, and usually holds my attention right up until the time I see the price tag.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's fucking horrible!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When it comes to an "American-made Kalashnikov", I'd rather have something redesigned from the ground up, like this:

http://www.derita.com/images/C1.jpg

http://www.derita.com/images/C3.jpg

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227943

That's fucking horrible!!  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it that US magazine manufactures can't get it through their heads that we don't really want a super trick AK magazine, we would rather have one that looks like (and are as durable) the issue magazines.

If Tapco ever decides to properly reinforce these magazines, I'll probably buy a case of them.

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/TAPMAG0632ORN.jpg

ETA: As it is, these are most likely more durable than those Circle 11 Radom magazines (of which I have a handful).

Honestly, the only thing that has kept me away from the Intrafuse mags is how they look (just like Magpul AK mags). I'll probably wind up getting a few of those bakalite-ish color slab side mags. Honestly, I don't see my self doing anything more abusive than maybe dropping a loaded magazine onto its feed lips from shoulder height. Rifles aren't for push-ups, anyways.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top