Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2015 10:25:14 PM EDT
I made a 1,300 dollar purchase on Amazon last month and it was not delivered although the shipper said it was delivered. I live in an apartment complex and it was left on the doorstep according to UPS. UPS would not take care of me because they "delivered it". Amazon also notified me that they have no control, or say in signature required when I asked them to send all further shipments this way.

I always trusted Amazon, and while it is true they did EVENTUALLY refund my money, I had to jump through a lot of hoops and bullshit to do it, it took me about two weeks to get my damn money back, or for them to offer a replacement, now I'm getting threatening letters from them stating that they will close my acct if I continue to fail to adhere to their policies. After a lot of searching, I finally had to e-mail them back in reference to exactly what they mean by me "failing to adhere to their policies" in which I received this

"RISK OF LOSS

All items purchased from Amazon are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier."

So just a warning, while Amazon did take care of me, I expected better customer service, and will not be ordering online again as it sounds like they're shirking responsibility. If I order something, i want it delivered. So just a warning to anyone out there, Amazon seems to be taking a 180 degree turn on customer service.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Okey dokey
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in an apartment.  When I get high dollar shipments I request that UPS hold my order at their pickup center.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You had a $1300 package sent to your apartment complex without signature required?   I'd drop your ass as a future customer in a heartbeat.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#4]
How long you been working at the Walmart?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah.  Never get shit delivered to an apartment.  

PS He was blind the whole time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]
This sounds like a third party seller...Not fulfilled or sold by Amazon. Clarify this.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#7]
$1300 item without needing a signature?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Does this mean my baggies aren't coming?    

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't have expensive shipments sent to your apt.  Get a cheap ass mail box at the local UPS store and have them accept your high dollar shipments.

Amazon didn't blindly refund your money because they are constantly getting people attempting fraud like this.  They are also not responsible for stuff getting stolen off of your doorstep.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#11]
You live in an apartment.  Why would you not request a delivery exception with UPS and have them hold it for pickup if you couldn't be there for delivery.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You had a $1300 package sent to your apartment complex without signature required?   I'd drop your ass as a future customer in a heartbeat.

View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I live in an apartment.  When I get high dollar shipments I request that UPS hold my order at their pickup center.
View Quote

They said they do not have control over shipments, and that it is the sole responsibility of the carrier. I reckon I could have asked them to hold it at the pickup center, but as far as signature required, I have no say in that.

It was also not a third party, but indeed sold and shipped from Amazon.com.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah.  Never get shit delivered to an apartment.  

PS He was blind the whole time.
View Quote

This.

And, the cake is a lie.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:34:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
They said they do not have control over shipments, and that it is the sole responsibility of the carrier. I reckon I could have asked them to hold it at the pickup center, but as far as signature required, I have no say in that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I go to the UPS place with my address and tracking number and ask UPS hold it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#17]
You're a lunatic.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Clicked on this thread expecting to see someone whining about not getting all of their Leathermans or baggies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#19]
UPS has a big problem with theft.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Did you get your CC company involved?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the heads up OP.  I just canceled my order of kitty litter as a precaution.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Bewbies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Set up a UPS online account and hold packages online.  No need to go there to do it.  Also get really fucking creeped out by how much they know about you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Set up a UPS online account and hold packages online.  No need to go there to do it.  Also get really fucking creeped out by how much they know about you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The UPS joint is 500yds from my workplace.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't most apts have an office on-site?  Talk to the mgr and ask them to hold your $$$ pkg that you had sent to their address.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I had pallets of ammo delivered to me when I lived in an Apt. Signature always required. UPS man hated me. Sometimes, he'd dump and run without a sig. I never fucked them, but I could have. Experience: That thing we need when we don't have it.

wtf, OP?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Ship to Amazon Locker.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#29]
So it too two weeks to get a $1,300 refund? Mother of god, cry me a river. You had to dig for the correct email? Oh the horror.

Have you ever tried to file a claim with USPS or UPS? Damn dude. Amazon is pretty damn good if you asked me based on what happened to you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:47:19 PM EDT
[#30]
It's called UPS mobile.  I get notifications on my phone and computer.  Can have shipment held or delivered another day.  I know exactly the day the package is coming.  Can do the same with Fedex.  Set up you account and get things when you can be there or pick them up at the hub.  

I don't blame Amazon one bit for giving you the run around.  The neighbor went through the same thing.  He had a package stolen/lost that UPS finally paid for .  UPS now requires him the sign for all deliveries period.  

I hate it when Amazon send things via US mail but that is very limited.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#32]
When I lived in apartment, all of our package mail was delivered to the main office and kept in their locked closet.
The manager was very nice and courteous. I met her like 2 times during my 2 year stay. I never had to tell her who I was and what apartment I was in.

Every time I walked in, she would hand me my stuff before I even said a word

If it was after-hours, there was a local cop who lived there. He could grab the package for you. He once delivered it to me 10 miles down the road, but of course, on the city dime
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Who in the world orders something for $1,300 without signature confirmation?

Or have it held at your local UPS?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I wonder how many of you would be singing a different tune if it was an item from the EE that you paid for that was never delivered

Ive had the same exact thing happen to me as OP. Call me whatever you want, but when I pay for something I expect for it to get here. Why should OP eat $1300 for someone elses mistake?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Always pay with a credit card so you can dispute it if you do not get your item.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Any item I've purchased from Amazon for close to that amount has been sent signature required.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I made a 1,300 dollar purchase on Amazon last month and it was not delivered although the shipper said it was delivered. I live in an apartment complex and it was left on the doorstep according to UPS. UPS would not take care of me because they "delivered it". Amazon also notified me that they have no control, or say in signature required when I asked them to send all further shipments this way.

I always trusted Amazon, and while it is true they did EVENTUALLY refund my money, I had to jump through a lot of hoops and bullshit to do it, it took me about two weeks to get my damn money back, or for them to offer a replacement, now I'm getting threatening letters from them stating that they will close my acct if I continue to fail to adhere to their policies. After a lot of searching, I finally had to e-mail them back in reference to exactly what they mean by me "failing to adhere to their policies" in which I received this

"RISK OF LOSS

All items purchased from Amazon are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier."

So just a warning, while Amazon did take care of me, I expected better customer service, and will not be ordering online again as it sounds like they're shirking responsibility. If I order something, i want it delivered. So just a warning to anyone out there, Amazon seems to be taking a 180 degree turn on customer service.
View Quote

** show us on the doll where GD raped you **
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, that signature costs $0.55.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Amazon refunded you $1,300 for something that wasn't their fault?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I work at a UPS store, in our case, UPS REQUIRES a sig on anything over $1000.  Amazon might have some other fucked up rules, I dunno.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of you would be singing a different tune if it was an item from the EE that you paid for that was never delivered

Ive had the same exact thing happen to me as OP. Call me whatever you want, but when I pay for something I expect for it to get here. Why should OP eat $1300 for someone elses mistake?
View Quote

The fuck are you babbling about?

Amazon fulfilled its obligation when the package was picked up by the carrier. Amazon, being the awesome company that it is, refunded the guy out of pocket, and is going to fight with the carrier about a refund.
The package was lost or stolen from his doorstep, or from the carriers truck.

His only fucking gripe that's halfway legit is that they didn't do it all fast enough for him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"RISK OF LOSS

View Quote

Do they let use choose the carrier and terms of shipment? Did you specify "signature not required" for the purchase?

Regardless of their policies, I wonder if that would really hold up if you ended up suing them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Who in the world orders ships something for $1,300 without signature confirmation?
View Quote

Can one specify this at time of purchase?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

this or:

a) i work from home that day (lucky enough to have that option

b) i have it delivered to work
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. You gave them money, they sent you the item, UPS left it on your doorstep, and someone stole the box. How is Amazon the financially liable party?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#47]

14'er + Florida = cool story bro.

OP:  sprinkles are for winners.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#48]
And I live at the end of a cul-de-sac in a nice neighborhood, yet I have to sign for a $6 SD card because amazon ships it that way. Huh?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This. You gave them money, they sent you the item, UPS left it on your doorstep, and someone stole the box. How is Amazon the financially liable party?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP should be sucking Amazon's dick for the (honestly) amazing customer service he got.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As a third party seller Amazon considers you responsible for the item if the item is stolen after delivery. Requiring a signature is the only way for a seller to prove an item was delivered. Delivery confirmation/tracking is not enough.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top