BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You had a $1300 package sent to your apartment complex without signature required?   I'd drop your ass as a future customer in a heartbeat.

View Quote

AND got a refund AND still bitched about it online to your buddies.
Somebody just ate that $1300 you got stolen and you're warning us about the SELLER?
Hmm.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Just out of curiosity; Was it a $1300 gun-related item?  

If so, pepper your angus.  Your place will be broken into within 2 weeks.  The thug that took your package plays MW2, recognized your Aimpoint that you just ordered from his video game, and will be back for the rest of your $#!+ when you pull out for work.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you pay shipping or did Amazon?

If you did - it's standard FOB Shipping Point. Essentially when you pay shipping, you take ownership of the product the second it leaves the dock and what happens then - not Amazon's problem. If Amazon paid shipping, then that FOB Destination and you MIGHT have a bit more of a leg to stand on - assuming they didn't pay shipping as part of a service contract like Prime.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't have expensive shipments sent to your apt.  Get a cheap ass mail box at the local UPS store and have them accept your high dollar shipments.

Amazon didn't blindly refund your money because they are constantly getting people attempting fraud like this.  They are also not responsible for stuff getting stolen off of your doorstep.
View Quote

This is what I did many years ago, was tired of my mail having to find me, plus they sign for my stuff and keep it safe.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You had a $1300 package sent to your apartment complex without signature required?   I'd drop your ass as a future customer in a heartbeat.

View Quote

I had a $3500 S&B scope delivered with auto-signature.  And i live in an apartment.

Amazon had GPS tracking on it and knew the name of every person that touched that package.  The personal concierge called me and was all upset because UPS delivered the package early vs the forecast time.  She about lost it when I told her i used auto-sign and was not home.  I knew my UPS guy so well, I was not worried.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you did - it's standard FOB Shipping Point. Essentially when you pay shipping, you take ownership of the product the second it leaves the dock and what happens then - not Amazon's problem. If Amazon paid shipping, then that FOB Destination and you MIGHT have a bit more of a leg to stand on - assuming they didn't pay shipping as part of a service contract like Prime.
View Quote

I do not see how FOB applies.   You pay Amazon to deal with "shipping and handling", at no point does Amazon say "send the carrier of your choice to this address".

Unless the OP specified "no signature required", Amazon has to take this up with the carrier.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Based on Amazon having a 0.3% profit margin, they had to sell something like $360,000 worth of shit just to make up the $1,300 they refunded you for something that wasn't their fault.

Hope you feel good about it, OP.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Based on Amazon having a 0.3% profit margin, they had to sell something like $360,000 worth of shit just to make up the $1,300 they refunded you for something that wasn't their fault.

Hope you feel good about it, OP.
View Quote

Boom!
Head shot right there
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:45:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Please tell us that your missing order is the 55 gallon drum of lube and a bunch of 3 wolf tees!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I do not see how FOB applies.   You pay Amazon to deal with "shipping and handling", at no point does Amazon say "send the carrier of your choice to this address".

Unless the OP specified "no signature required", Amazon has to take this up with the carrier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's in how they word the "shipping and handling" - FOB applies because if they say "we'll handle it for you as a fee" - that means buyer pays which also automatically places it as FOB Shipping point and it can absolve Amazon from risk once it leaves the dock. You know where you get to select to ship free, ship 3-5 business days or ship standard 5-10 business days? You've just selected the carrier and in doing so - that's FOB Shipping point.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Um, the buyer doesn't choose if "signature required" is included in the shipping options

But Amazon should know better. Link

That acog linked above clearly shows they require a signature for it.

I've had $500 items left on my doorstep from amazon, even though every other package I have gotten I've had to sign for, from $5+ orders around here...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#12]
OP gets refund on $1,300 no signature package that tracks delivered.  Then complains about it.

I expect an immediate re-ship or refund on a $20 item.  $1,300 - I expect to jump through some fucking hoops.

Try the same situation with Walmart and let me know how it goes for you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't have stuff shipped to my house, no way would have it shipped to an apartment.
I have my stuff shipped to work where I know the UPS/FedEx guy has to get a signature vs just leaving it and signing it himself.
If I couldn't have it shipped to work. I'd have it shipped to a UPS store to hold or someone who stays ome
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You know where you get to select to ship free, ship 3-5 business days or ship standard 5-10 business days? You've just selected the carrier and in doing so - that's FOB Shipping point.
View Quote

I disagree; they are giving you options, no different then specifying the size or color of a shirt.

FOB Shipping would be if the buyer called UPS, DHL, or Bob's Discount Upholstery and Trucking and arranged for them to pick up and deliver the package.

Unless OP specifically told Amazon to allow delivery without a signature, Amazon should have ensured that delivery was successfully completed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#15]
It is the responsibility of the vendor to make sure the goods make it to the buyer. You can't hand the package to UPS or any carrier and say "fuck it, not our problem anymore".

Unless the OP specifically asked Amazon to waive the signature requirement, then it's on the OP if the package was stolen or lost.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FOB Shipping would be if the buyer called UPS, DHL, or Bob's Discount Upholstery and Trucking and arranged for them to pick up and deliver the package.
View Quote

Unless Amazon offers will-call pickup there is no way they can specify FOB Shipping and have that hold up. Their policy sounds disingenuous, just a way to quell arguments before they get started.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#17]
So now I have to tell a Amazon customer service story.

I ordered a "Viridian C5L Universal Sub-Compact Green Laser Sight with Tactical Light" from Amazon (their price is outstanding). Because I am a cheap fuck, I ordered a like new, used one. This is the version with the auto-on/off "ECR" feature.

It came DOA. I returned it, but I ordered another used one.

It came. It was "inspected by _____" and it worked. I mounted it on my G19, turned it on and inserted the pistol into a Viridian-branded Galco King Tuk ECR capable holster - and it didn't turn off.

I then researched and found the SN where Viridian introduced that feature, several years ago, and found that this C5L was a early model before the ECR feature (and before Amazon carried them). Since it came in original Viridian packaging that said "ECR" on it (and had the ECR manual) and the packaging date was 2014 apparently someone had a early non-ECR model, wanted the newer ECR model, bought one and "returned" their early model in the new packaging.

I still got a good price, but I've had this happen before (Chinese airsoft replica T-1 returned as an actual T-1 in the Aimpoint box) and Amazon took care of it. So I let them know. They gave me a partial refund (a significant one).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top