Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2010 5:33:12 PM EDT
Frankly, you can think whatever is convenient about Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell or anybody else, but if you can find any fault with the core message of the Tea Party, you're simply not a real American.  The same goes for anybody who voted for Obama.  

The Tea Party core values, BTW:  

• Fiscal Responsibility

• Constitutionally Limited Government

• Free Markets

If you can find anything wrong with any of that, fuck you.

That is all.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
And Fuck oblama.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
True dat
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
agreed.

oh and Fuck Obama
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Frankly, you can think whatever is convenient about Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell or anybody else, but if you can find any fault with the core message of the Tea Party, you're simply not a real American.  The same goes for anybody who voted for Obama.  

• Fiscal Responsibility

• Free Markets

That is all.  

That's what we've been yelling over and over again to anyone that would listen.

Too few want to listen.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, frankly, I don't see how you can reduce the national debt without some form of tax increases.

Unless you cut spending so much you have a budget surplus, and can apply to the debt. Even then, people would complain that taxes would be too high.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny, I've been thinking the same thing.   I can't figure out what the problem is here, why would anyone be against this, other than the leeches.    Why don't more working Americans see the intrinsic American values here?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, frankly, I don't see how you can reduce the national debt without some form of tax increases.

Unless you cut spending so much you have a budget surplus, and can apply to the debt. Even then, people would complain that taxes would be too high.

Winner winner, chicken dinner

Cut cut cut
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
More people in this country care about free stuff than they do about freedom.

Liberty was not acquired by, nor will it be maintained by, the ballot box.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Stop spending?  

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cutting spending would be much more effective than raising taxes.  Raising taxes high enough to buy our way out of this would cause a reduction of growth in this nation, a reluctance to invest, and less people working which would have a negative affect on the income to the federal government.  If spending isn't cut dramatically then we will never get out of this now matter how high we raise taxes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Let me introduce you to my friend Arthur Laffer
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cut cut cut

I really wish they would cut the budgets, drastically. But you still can't deal with the elephant in the room (the national debt) without some pain.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Laffer curve ftw!
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am very familiar with Laffer.

I just think it is intellectually dishonest to focus solely on the deficit, and not mention the debt (which is many, many trillions of dollars).
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Frankly, you can think whatever is convenient about Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell or anybody else, but if you can find any fault with the core message of the Tea Party, you're simply not a real American. The same goes for anybody who voted for Obama.

• Fiscal Responsibility

• Free Markets

That is all.

Those message points are so racist.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#16]
As a Tea Party voter, let me remind the people that we are going to put in to office this Tuesday. You best be doing what WE want you to do.  NOT 'follow the Republican party line', and start kissing the Dumocrats asses and cooperating with them.  KICKING their ass' is what we want, and on no uncertain terms. CLOSE the fucking border. Repeal the health care fiasco.  Be forewarned. You can also be a one term wonder, just like Obama is going to be.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cut cut cut

I really wish they would cut the budgets, drastically. But you still can't deal with the elephant in the room (the national debt) without some pain.

We need revenue to the treasury increase - right?

Lower tax rates in the '80s doubled the REVENUE to the treasury.  Stop spending and start slashing budgets and taxes.  Its for the children.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Agreed. I think it's unfortunate that we've allowed the lowest common denominators to rise to positions of leadership.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Frankly, you can think whatever is convenient about Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell or anybody else, but if you can find any fault with the core message of the Tea Party, you're simply not a real American. The same goes for anybody who voted for Obama.

• Fiscal Responsibility

• Free Markets

That is all.

Those message points are so racist.

I consider being called a racist a badge of honor.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I went to the first tax day TEA party in my area and they opened and closed it in prayer. My face looked like this: . It's not just Christians who are fed up with taxes. Why alienate the rest? I never understood the religious undertones of the movement, which seems counterproductive. Since that day, I've always been suspicious. I can't stop thinking that a large bulk of the TEA party's motives are ulterior. I don't see any other reason that they would chase away potential support.

Edit: I fully support lower taxes, lower government spending, and the free market.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is why you and democrat politicians FAIL.  Taxes are punitive, particularly at the 'progressive' / regressive / confiscatory rates that it would take to do it your way.  It would utterly CRUSH any economy activity and destroy any growth.  Furthermore, for the Governmetn to "give" a dollar away, they have to TAKE much more than a dollar. The balance lost in waste, friction and interest on the debt incurred. Keep in mind that we are TRILLIONS in debt now. There is not a SINGLE DOLLAR of govt spending now that doesn't have an interest charge attached to it.
Keep the money in the hands of the people where it will do some fucking good, instead.

It's about time for a major organized tax revolt. Not that 'sovereign citizen' bullshit, but a real goddamned mass refusal to feed the government bureaucrats.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I went to the first tax day TEA party in my area and they opened and closed it in prayer. My face looked like this: . It's not just Christians who are fed up with taxes. Why alienate the rest? I never understood the religious undertones of the movement, which seems counterproductive. Since that day, I've always been suspicious. I can't stop thinking that a large bulk of the TEA party's motives are ulterior. I don't see any other reason that they would chase away potential support.

America is a Christian nation, founded on Christian principles by God fearing men?  

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why you and democrat politicians FAIL.  Taxes are punitive, particularly at the 'progressive' / regressive / confiscatory rates that it would take to do it your way.  It would utterly CRUSH any economy activity and destroy any growth.  Furthermore, for the Governmetn to "give" a dollar away, they have to TAKE much more than a dollar. The balance lost in waste, friction and interest on the debt incurred. Keep in mind that we are TRILLIONS in debt now. There is not a SINGLE DOLLAR of govt spending now that doesn't have an interest charge attached to it.
Keep the money in the hands of the people where it will do some fucking good, instead.

It's about time for a major organized tax revolt. Not that 'sovereign citizen' bullshit, but a real goddamned mass refusal to feed the government bureaucrats.

So what is your comprehensive plan to deal with the national debt? All $13 trillion dollars of it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Taxes are about control, not revenue. Lower taxes often raise revenue rather than lower it. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but it's true. I'm too lazy to get the numbers, but someone will be along shortly to confirm it. If not, I guess I can do it...
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As a Tea Party voter, let me remind the people that we are going to put in to office this Tuesday. You best be doing what WE want you to do.  NOT 'follow the Republican party line', and start kissing the Dumocrats asses and cooperating with them.  KICKING their ass' is what we want, and on no uncertain terms. CLOSE the fucking border. Repeal the health care fiasco.  Be forewarned. You can also be a one term wonder, just like Obama is going to be.

My sentiments exactly.  We put you there, we can take you out.  Be afraid... be very afraid.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

America is a Christian nation, founded on Christian principles by God fearing men?  

Many of the founders were Deist.

Edit: Let the record reflect that I am a Christian and not an enemy of Christianity.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I've not seen this pushed at all but their message really is ...

Taxed...
Enough...
Already...
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a load of bunk. Go read the Declaration of Independence, or the Federalist papers. Most of them believed we were founded with the help of 'Divine Providence'.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am very familiar with Laffer.

I just think it is intellectually dishonest to focus solely on the deficit, and not mention the debt (which is many, many trillions of dollars).

You keep raising strawmen. Time and again, taxes are cut and net revenues INcrease. Historical FACT. Leftists - and those indoctrinated by them - don't seem to grasp this elemental truth of complex economic systems.  It's what the Laffer Curve is all about.  We have something like 3/4 of our ational budget that's considered 'fixed', MUST pay, and 3/4 of THAT is entitlement / social welfare giveaways.
Our annual federal budget is nearly $4T. Just cut it 20% across the board. Before the obama marxists deliberately tripled our national debt, that cut alon would have had us caught up in under a decade.
And now Obama is shoveling our future money into the furnaces as fast as possible - to NO lasting return - deficit-spending in <24mos more than was deficit-spent in the preceding 234yrs.  FOR NOTHING and with the sole goal of destroying this nation's capitalist foundation.

All ANY of our current fiscal problems took was a cessation of assitional spending, and even a modest 10% cut. And for the lsat 40yrs, progressives have made sure we kept right on spending, pissing our grandchildrens' money away.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just cut it 20% across the board.

That won't work because ARFcommers and other conservatives won't allow cuts to defense spending.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

When marginal tax rates are cut, revenue to the IRS goes up. I think we can make a dent in the nations debt by both cutting the size of government and growing the economy but cutting taxes and regulation, especially on business.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Edit: I fully support lower taxes, lower government spending, and the free market.

Look at that. We've LET the marxists do this to us, for decades. Look what their efforts have produced.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I've not seen this pushed at all but their message really is ...

Taxed...

Enough...

Already...

There's bumper stickers that state it.

It's always fun to hear a liberal's take on the tea party, you can immediately identify their source of information. Most are purely clueless and just reiterate Chris or Keith's bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That won't work because ARFcommers and other conservatives won't allow cuts to defense spending.

While I think ALL government spending needs to be looked at including defense, we can start in a lot of other areas first.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I think ALL government spending needs to be looked at including defense, we can start in a lot of other areas first.

Lots of waste and inefficient spending in the DoD, but this realm is at least an endeavor with which the federal government is entrusted.

Entitlements need to be curtailed. This is NOT the governments business. Unfortunately, it has become their biggest business... the tea party has a tall order.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what is your comprehensive plan to deal with the national debt? All $13 trillion dollars of it.

You'll have to go to a little more effort than that cheap shit.

About $5T of that is projected and committed monies, not even spent yet. Couple hundred billion of TARP1 hasnt' been spent, almost all of TARP2 hasn't been spent yest (being held for Dem benefit ahead of the 2012 election).

Cutting spending will work just fine and I've already explained why. The only other option the 'wizards of finance ' seem to have is to deliberately hyperinflate / crash our currency to wipe out those debts. And nevermind the global depression and millions of lives it will cost.
All YOU've done is repeated your same fellacious statement over and over again. Say something different, or nothing at all.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Conservatives are far to worried about what others think of them and it is our downfall.

If you lumped us all together, most of us wouldn't want to offend, outrage, alienate, or pester anyone and it is our downfall.

Liberals and Progressives have no shame putting their beliefs out for all to see and then denouncing anyone who dares to confront them.

It pains this country boy who was raised to say yes sir, no sir, yes mam, no mam, please and thank you, but we have got to get rude and we have got to get loud.

Most conservatives are fed up and sit at home watching fox with elevated blood pressure and do nothing because they don't want to tell others what to do. It's just not in our nature.

We need to get past that. We need to get out of our comfort zone.

Wake up. Go vote and start reading the rules that the leftists are using to infiltrate and rot our system from the inside. Use their own tactics against them.

Principals need to stay in tact, but methodology should be fluid and undefendable.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll have to go to a little more effort than that cheap shit.

About $5T of that is projected and committed monies, not even spent yet. Couple hundred billion of TARP1 hasnt' been spent, almost all of TARP2 hasn't been spent yest (being held for Dem benefit ahead of the 2012 election).

http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_08/images/vronsky040209a.gif

Cutting spending will work just fine and I've already explained why. The only other option the 'wizards of finance ' seem to have is to deliberately hyperinflate / crash our currency to wipe out those debts. And nevermind the global depression and millions of lives it will cost.
All YOU've done is repeated your same fellacious statement over and over again. Say something different, or nothing at all.

Since my first post, I have talked strictly about the debt. Even if you got rid that $5T, that still leaves $7T that is garnering interest. It is assumed that you would have to cut spending. Even if the tax rates stayed what they are (ala Bush), that's still a lot of damn money.

Your first post was hemming and hawing about the deficit, which I have already agreed is a tremendous problem. Even the graph you've presented is concerning the deficit. I trust you understand there is a difference.

Please, go back and  read my posts again. I have been talking exclusively about the debt.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit: Let the record reflect that I am a Christian and not an enemy of Christianity.

Let the record reflect that you spout EXACTLY the progressive fiction that 'many of the Founders were Deist.'
That's a deliberate revisionist distortion, taught to undermine the actual degree of faith expressed by the Founders and at all of their meetings and sessions.

You want to see just how hard that LIE is being sold, go google Founders +Deism.

Then spot those handful of links that actually bother to list them all out and identify their faiths.

Of the 48 who signed the Articles of Confederation, ONE was a Deist.
Of the 56 who signed the Declaration, THREE were Deists.
Of the 55 at teh Constitutional Convention, FOUR were Deists.

And EVERY session of those meetings was opened with prayer, closed with prayer.

You were taught a massive lie about the religious nature of the Founders, and you are propagating it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I'd like to believe the Tea Partiers actually want smaller government, but I expect they've simply given a name this time to the usual phenomena of Republicans pretending they want smaller government when the Democrats are in power.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

• Fiscal Responsibility

• Free Markets

That is all.  

Don't think I can't hear your racist dogwhistle, Teabagger.  All of that is codewords for screwing over the poor and minorities AND YOU KNOW IT!

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Excellent! I'll add to it that we don't want to hear any bullshit about not having the votes. We the people can count. We're not as stupid as you think. Bring it up for vote anyway so the cowards can be easily exposed. And don't get too comfortable in your new surroundings in DC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I agree. The repubs have co-opted their message/movement. They don't realize that they're the target also.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Word
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no, all areas.   no sacred cows.   spending can, should, and needs to be cut across the board

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#46]
I like the cut of your jib sir.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most Americans are far to ignorant and self righteous to acknowledge that...

We weren't founded on Christianity.

For the record I am not against Christianity... but I am for the truth.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Let the record reflect that you spout EXACTLY the progressive fiction that 'many of the Founders were Deist.'
That's a deliberate revisionist distortion, taught to undermine the actual degree of faith expressed by the Founders and at all of their meetings and sessions.

You want to see just how hard that LIE is being sold, go google Founders +Deism.

Then spot those handful of links that actually bother to list them all out and identify their faiths.

You were taught a massive lie about the religious nature of the Founders, and you are propagating it.

You sound like a Jones Supporter...
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You sound like a Jones Supporter...

He's actually right. Read the D.of I. and the Federalist papers. They were very much not deists.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

• Fiscal Responsibility

• Free Markets

That is all.  

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top