BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well, frankly, I don't see how you can reduce the national debt without some form of tax increases. Unless you cut spending so much you have a budget surplus, and can apply to the debt. Even then, people would complain that taxes would be too high.

What you fail to understand is if you give them more, they will continue to spend more. Fiscal responsabilty is needed, otherwise the spending increases will never end.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well, frankly, I don't see how you can reduce the national debt without some form of tax increases.

Unless you cut spending so much you have a budget surplus, and can apply to the debt. Even then, people would complain that taxes would be too high.

You would have higher overall revenue if you cut taxes.  More disposable income means more spending more tax revenue.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I went to the first tax day TEA party in my area and they opened and closed it in prayer. My face looked like this: . It's not just Christians who are fed up with taxes. Why alienate the rest? I never understood the religious undertones of the movement, which seems counterproductive. Since that day, I've always been suspicious. I can't stop thinking that a large bulk of the TEA party's motives are ulterior. I don't see any other reason that they would chase away potential support.

Edit: I fully support lower taxes, lower government spending, and the free market.

Did they force you to pray?

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I went to the first tax day TEA party in my area and they opened and closed it in prayer. My face looked like this: . It's not just Christians who are fed up with taxes. Why alienate the rest? I never understood the religious undertones of the movement, which seems counterproductive. Since that day, I've always been suspicious. I can't stop thinking that a large bulk of the TEA party's motives are ulterior. I don't see any other reason that they would chase away potential support.

America is a Christian nation, founded on Christian principles by God fearing men?  

Many of the founders were Deist.

Edit: Let the record reflect that I am a Christian and not an enemy of Christianity.

Let the record reflect that you spout EXACTLY the progressive fiction that 'many of the Founders were Deist.'
That's a deliberate revisionist distortion, taught to undermine the actual degree of faith expressed by the Founders and at all of their meetings and sessions.

You want to see just how hard that LIE is being sold, go google Founders +Deism.

Then spot those handful of links that actually bother to list them all out and identify their faiths.

Of the 48 who signed the Articles of Confederation, ONE was a Deist.
Of the 56 who signed the Declaration, THREE were Deists.
Of the 55 at teh Constitutional Convention, FOUR were Deists.

And EVERY session of those meetings was opened with prayer, closed with prayer.

You were taught a massive lie about the religious nature of the Founders, and you are propagating it.

You sound like a Jones Supporter...

How do you figure?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top