Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:45:37 AM EST
I have always used the regular Chrome with Foamed Vinyl Grip. It is all steel and heavy compared to the Airweight ASP Batons. There are a view deputy's that have switched to this already, but in the ASP Law Enforcement catalog it says this about the Airweight models.

Airweight and DuraTec Batons weigh 45% less than steel models. They are not recommended for uniform duty use

Our dept's certified ASP Instructor is out and I can't get through to ASP to ask. Does anyone know why they put this information in the catalog about not using the Airweight for uniform duty use?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:04:25 AM EST
Try hitting your self with a pencil.

Lack of weight sure doesn't help with the blunt force.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:11:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:21:16 AM EST
I got hit on my calf mussel with the training baton back when I went through the ASP Training Course and it hurt like a bitch. I am not billy bad ass or anything, but I am not a pussy either. The training batons we used was the RedMan Training Batons.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 12:50:29 PM EST
I've also heard the airweights tend to bend easier. Basically you use them once and buy a new one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:41:37 PM EST
I turned mine back in after we got tasers... I miss my hammer/pry bar/putter
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 9:29:13 AM EST
Same shit here. At quals they give us the steel ones to do DT. Aluminum ones are what we use for everyday carry.

Hmmmmm!
Top Top