Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:37:38 PM EDT

You know, I'm reaching the point where I REALLY don't want to be on this planet or admit that I'm part of the species anymore.

www.jsonline.com/news/wauk/oct04/264538.asp

Muskego boy faces sexual assault charge
Police say he gave girl a 'wedgie'

By JACQUELINE SEIBEL
[email protected]
Posted: Oct. 6, 2004

Muskego - A 16-year-old Muskego student accused of giving a "wedgie" to his former girlfriend at school is facing juvenile charges of fourth-degree sexual assault.

The girl, 15, told authorities that the boy pushed her up against a locker, put his hand down the back of her pants and pulled her thong up above the waistline of her pants, the police report released Wednesday says. The boy also touched the girl's buttocks, the report says.

She told him to stop at least three times and said that the incident was both painful and embarrassing, the report says.

After the assault, according to the report, the boy said, "Now I got some action."

The boy told police that since he had dated the girl in the past, he thought it was OK to do what he did.

Assistant Superintendent Robert Rammer said that the offense did not warrant expulsion but that the student was suspended for five days.

"It's unfortunate," Rammer said. "It was an isolated incident. It was immediately dealt with."

Police were called to Muskego High School, W183-S8750 Racine Ave., at about 6:30 p.m. Sept. 24 for an alleged assault, Capt. Paul Geiszler said.

The girl told police that she was getting ready for band practice at about 5:30 p.m. and that when she came out of the locker room, she was confronted by the 16-year-old boy, the report says.

As the girl started to walk away from him, the report says, the boy grabbed her, and the girl's friend screamed for the boy to put her down.

The girl left the area and went to band practice. She was crying. She told the band instructor but was too embarrassed to tell him the full story, the report says, but another student told the teacher what had occurred, and police were called.

The boy told investigators that he was "just joking around" but that he may have gone too far. He said that he was sorry and that he "would do anything to make it up to her if he could."

The boy was arrested, handcuffed and taken to the Muskego Police Department from the school.

Another wedgie incident in Waukesha County received national attention, including a mention on "Saturday Night Live." In October 1997, five boys were suspended for giving another boy a wedgie on a playground at Merton Intermediate School on Sussex Road.

The five boys, ages 12 and 13, attacked a 13-year-old boy from behind, held him down and pulled on his underwear while holding his face to the ground.

The five boys were suspended from school for three days, and four of them were ticketed for disorderly conduct. Parents of the kids criticized the principal's handling of the incident because police were called, and the principal was eventually demoted.

Former principal Susan Ulichny received $150,000 in a settlement reached in 2002 with the school district after she filed a lawsuit contending the district improperly took away her duties.

The disorderly conduct citations were dropped after the boys agreed to apologize to the victim and perform five hours of community service.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The kid admits to doing this and should be charged with something, but a sex offense?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If I were her father, I wouldn't press charges, but I WOULD ask the judge for three minutes alone with him.

Of course, after that I would be the one in jail....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
What he needs is a good beating. I think people ought to have the option, in minor cases like this, to be thrashed or start the paper trail on their very own criminal record.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WTF is he doing, doing that to a girl? He needs  a good hard smack upside the noggin.

Agreed.  And that's where it should end.  With him being bitch slapped right then by the girl that he did it to, right in front of everyone in that hallway.

That would have put her back in control and embarased the little fucker that did it.

But, no.  We can't possibly allow something that simple to be all that happens.  We have created a system that DEMANDS we drag kids in to police stations and court rooms for "offenses" that 10 or 15 years ago would have been handled just as I described above.

20 years from now EVERYONE is going to need a personal lawer on speed dial in order to conduct ANY business between 2 people of any age, from saying "Good morning" as you pass someone in the hall at work to ordering lunch at the fast food place (gotta make sure everyone's "rights" are observed and that there is  no chance of anyone possibly ofending anyone else).

<rant off>
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know about actually CHARGING the boy with something, but... I probably would have called the police too, because at 16, you should know better. It was unwanted sexual contact, and it needed to be dealt with. I'm surprised I have this opinion here, because usually I say, let them live, suspend the kid from school for a day or two, etc. However, he pushed her into a wall and grabbed her underwear? I mean come on?, take him to the station, fingerprint him, scare the fuck out of him, and then give him some community service, don't give him a record, but let people know that you don't touch people like that, it's just plain wrong. If she were my sister, I'd wedge the kid into a hole in the wall. Hell if he were my brother I'd beat the piss out of him and force him to publically appologize.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF? I don't know about a sex charge that will follow him for life. Maybe just assault. He had no business touching the girl. Just imagine if it were your sister or daughter he did that too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
She should have knocked the crap out of him and that would be the end of it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
WTF is he doing, doing that to a girl? He needs  a good hard smack upside the noggin.

I agree. However, I would not want to see the kid labeled as a registered sex offender for this incident either.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Fourth degree sexual assault? No. Sexual assault? Definitely.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What an asshole... nail the fucker to the wall and teach the kid the concept of respecting women.

Yes he needs to be bitchslapped! She told him to STOP 3 times and then he says to her , now HE got some!

Give him 2-3000 hours of mandatory community service! Asshole!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#13]
There is no way he should have charges brought against him. Was it extremely inappropriate and juvenille? Yes. Should someone give him a beat down? Probably. The school should discipline him, but he shouldnt be charged with anything. It said he had dated her, so it wasn't like he didnt know the girl.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#14]
15 years old and wearing a thong to school?

WTF, she's a whore and her parents are fucking retarded!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There is no way he should have charges brought against him. Was it extremely inappropriate and juvenille? Yes. Should someone give him a beat down? Probably. The school should discipline him, but he shouldnt be charged with anything. It said he had dated her, so it wasn't like he didnt know the girl.

The Fact that he put his hands down her pants is why the are going after a Sex Charge, fact of the matter they were splitsville and he should have left her allone but he obviously has controll issues.

I am sure he will get off with a slap of the wrist  

Now if would have been my Granddaughter I don't think the parents would still be living in the same state, I would be posting signs all over the City and run a full page add in the Local and regional Papers.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Fourth degree sexual assault? No. Sexual assault? Definitely.

Fourth degree is the most mild.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#18]
They should just make him ware a thong, and have her give him a wedgie in front of the whole school.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Interesting the way the press simply describes this as a “wedgie” in the headlines when it appears to have definitely been more than that.

Still, it really was simple assault, not sexual assault.

I can’t imagine any school today tolerating this kind of conduct on school grounds.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What an asshole... nail the fucker to the wall and teach the kid the concept of respecting women.

+1
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#22]
This WAS a sexual assault. He deserves what he gets.

Problem is that no one ever straightened him out in the first place. So now he does this. Let him deal with the consequences.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm actually surprised that chick pressed charges.

I got used to it in high school.  It just became a part of it.  Didn't bother me too much.

I think this chick needs to suckit up and quit being such a baby.

But then again, maybe I shouldn't have gotten used to it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe now the asshole and all those like him that hear about the incident will wake the hell up and realize that you can't do that kind of shit to women. Sounds like he was in the making of being a rapist later on down the road.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#25]
damn tough break but who can resist a thong sticking out on a girly friend?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I got used to it in high school.  It just became a part of it.  Didn't bother me too much.

I agree with that last part.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#27]
So is it sexual assault if the roles are reversed ?
If a male or female gave a male a wedgie is that sexual assault ?
Or is this a female only thing ?
I think of all the times I have seen other kids get wedgies in school.
Think of all those sexual assaults that could have been prosecuted.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

id be willing to say 90% of high school girls wear thongs
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#30]
1. Her parents are idiots for letting her wear a thong anywhere.

2. The boy needs an ass kicking.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

id be willing to say %90 of high school girls wear thongs

That would not suprise me, besides it's none of anyone business what people where under thier clothes. He should have left her alone..... now he gets what's coming
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Maybe.
Perhaps it was just repressed homosexual tendencies and it clearly is abusive, and of a sexual nature. Never had it happen, never did it to someone else.

In this case he took out a grudge on her for rejecting him it would seem. He did so in an abusive, AND a sexual nature which makes it a sexual assault. The fact that he did so in a manner which he thought he could get away with means nothing other than that he was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#33]
What kind of sorry asses raised both of them?  If it was one of my daughters that boy would have been picking his nuts up off the floor. STOP  MEANS  STOP!

If it was one of my sons , they all know that I would stomp their asses for something like that.  But they also know not to do something like that in the first place.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I believe that if everyone, everywhere, received a severe thrashing everyday the the world would be a better place (and it would cut down on this type of BS) !
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I believe that the kid does deserve some punishment, but not something that will affect him for the rest of his life. At 16 you do stupid things that you regret, but the girl did not deserve that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe.
Perhaps it was just repressed homosexual tendencies and it clearly is abusive, and of a sexual nature. Never had it happen, never did it to someone else.

In this case he took out a grudge on her for rejecting him it would seem. He did so in an abusive, AND a sexual nature which makes it a sexual assault. The fact that he did so in a manner which he thought he could get away with means nothing. Other than that he was wrong.

Maybe ??
Does the law only protect females on something like this ?  Hows that work ?
Don't get me wrong, he should be punished, but being charged with sexual assault is ridiculous.
God forbid he had given her an ATOMIC wedgie !!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Wow.  No, you shouldn't have gotten used to it.  And it should have bothered you.  Didn't anyone ever tell you you're worth way more than that kind of treatment?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe.

In this case he took out a grudge on her for rejecting him it would seem. He did so in an abusive, AND a sexual nature which makes it a sexual assault. The fact that he did so in a manner which he thought he could get away with means nothing. Other than that he was wrong.

Maybe ??
Does the law only protect females on something like this ?  Hows that work ?
Don't get me wrong, he should be punished, but being charged with sexual assault is ridiculous.
God forbid he had given her an ATOMIC wedgie !!

Well, 4th degree sexual assault is what he committed. Good call by the cops IMO. What do you guys think he should be charged with? Vandalism?

I would be willing to bet that a similar charge could be leveled if the victim and perp were same sex as well. Never heard of it but that don't mean it hasn't happened. This one will probably be pled down anyway. Hopefully he gets a little more than a slap on the wrist so he gets straightened out. His parents obviously didn't do their job.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I just love the rationalizations... yeah, there IS a double fucking standard.  Men do not use physical force against women unless it is to preserve life... grabbing a thing and violently jerking it up and into her genitalia is a sexual assault.  There are things in life that are right and wrong, and when a woman says stop... you fucking stop!  And no, I'm not excusing the bullshit that guys do to eachother.  Its stupid, and if somebody says stop... you fucking stop as well.  The issue here is it was an ex... he decided to violate her to bolster his own image and bragged about it.  He kept going after three pleas to stop.  I say throw the book at him.  We're not talking about somebody who is 9... he is old enough to get behind the wheel of a 4,000 pound vehicle he ought to be old enough to figure this out!

I WASN'T RATIONALIZING ANYTHING !!
I asked a question.
I was brought up to respect women and thats exactly what I teach my kids BUT.....THERE IS NO FUCKING DOUBLE STANDARD !!
The law is the law REGARDLESS of which sex the victim or the perp is.
You can have your own personal standards, but the law must be blind to things like this.
I'll bet that it would hurt a guy no less, and maybe more if his shorts are yanked up and his balls are squished like grapes.
There can be no double standards with regards to the law or that law is useless.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#42]
The obvious point is that the school only suspended the boy for a few days, believing it didn't warrant expulsion.  But, it was bad enough to have the cops called, and make a 16 year old boy have to be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life?

He gave her a wedgie, and the touching the girls buttocks part was probably a spank after the fact as he released the girl.  The boy should be punished, but criminal charges for a wedgie seems extreme.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The obvious point is that the school only suspended the boy for a few days, believing it didn't warrant expulsion.  But, it was bad enough to have the cops called, and make a 16 year old boy have to be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life?

He gave her a wedgie, and the touching the girls buttocks part was probably a spank after the fact as he released the girl.  The boy should be punished, but criminal charges for a wedgie seems extreme.

Not to me. In this case he was abusing her sexually. And he meant it to be abusive, not that that is the major criteria.

What would you say to the girl? What if she was your wife? Or your daughter?
Yeah, I thought so.
She didn't deserve it, she didn't ask for it. But he humiliated her, assualted her and did so in a sexual manner. The crime is 4th degree sexual assault.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just love the rationalizations... yeah, there IS a double fucking standard.  Men do not use physical force against women unless it is to preserve life... grabbing a thing and violently jerking it up and into her genitalia is a sexual assault.  There are things in life that are right and wrong, and when a woman says stop... you fucking stop!  And no, I'm not excusing the bullshit that guys do to eachother.  Its stupid, and if somebody says stop... you fucking stop as well.  The issue here is it was an ex... he decided to violate her to bolster his own image and bragged about it.  He kept going after three pleas to stop.  I say throw the book at him.  We're not talking about somebody who is 9... he is old enough to get behind the wheel of a 4,000 pound vehicle he ought to be old enough to figure this out!

I WASN'T RATIONALIZING ANYTHING !!
I asked a question.
I was brought up to respect women and thats exactly what I teach my kids BUT.....THERE IS NO FUCKING DOUBLE STANDARD !!
The law is the law REGARDLESS of which sex the victim or the perp is.
You can have your own personal standards, but the law must be blind to things like this.
I'll bet that it would hurt a guy no less, and maybe more if his shorts are yanked up and his balls are squished like grapes.
There can be no double standards with regards to the law or that law is useless.

Actually there was a highschool boy who lost a testicle due this bullshit not too long ago. I'll say the same here. What you going to tell him? His family?
It's bullshit, contrived by bullies with not so repressed homosexual tendencies.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes he needs to be bitchslapped! She told him to STOP 3 times and then he says to her , now HE got some!

Give him 2-3000 hours of mandatory community service! Asshole!

It's a damn wedgie.  Would you give a girl 3000 hours of community service for giving a guy a wedgie?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

id be willing to say %90 of high school girls wear thongs

That would not suprise me, besides it's none of anyone business what people where under thier clothes. He should have left her alone..... now he gets what's coming

Under their clothes? You call riding up 3 inches above the back of their pants "under" their clothes?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#49]
gimme  a break..its a wedgie...everybody does it...big deal.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Who the fuck cares if she was walking down the hall in a g-string and nothing else...  it was unwanted, he was told to stop repeatedly... he didn't fucking care.  This is the kind of mentality that leads to women getting raped and some asshole saying... look at the way she is dressed... she had it coming... she WANTED it!  Hell the bitch probably ENJOYED it!  The ignorance around here is amazing at times!

Like I already asked, if she gave him a wedgie, should she be charged with assault?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top