BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You haven't lived until you've shot full-power 10mm through a Glock 29...
View Quote

Been there done that. I saw my first Glock Mod 40 last month at Cabela's in Woodstock
Georgia. Wow I want one.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Actually the parent brass is from 45 Winchester Magnum and you use small rifle primers to load... 50k psi

I haven't really even tapped the full potential with the new powders. Basically it duplicates 10mm out of a carbine...

By the way, no FTF with all 15 rds in the FNX if the bullets are loaded .005" shorter than original loadings recommended (Underwood does this). Can use original mag Springs, just need to upgrade the recoil spring to the #24 ISMI with cutout on back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, that .40 super FNX is bad ass.  But I guess most people don't realize that .40 super is like a 10mm +P+.
Whoa, 200grs at 1400fps for Underwood.  WOW.    

Actually the parent brass is from 45 Winchester Magnum and you use small rifle primers to load... 50k psi

I haven't really even tapped the full potential with the new powders. Basically it duplicates 10mm out of a carbine...

By the way, no FTF with all 15 rds in the FNX if the bullets are loaded .005" shorter than original loadings recommended (Underwood does this). Can use original mag Springs, just need to upgrade the recoil spring to the #24 ISMI with cutout on back.

Many thanks to PointBlank82.  Just ordered a .40 Super conversion barrel for my FNX-Tactical, 24# spring and ISMI guide rod and a bunch of Underwood ammo!

Can't wait to try it!   I'm looking forward to trying a round that is more powerful than 10mm without having to buy a new gun.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What powder?  800X, Longshot, AA#9?

I can get the 200's over 1200 out of a 5.25" KKM barrel.  Looking for a load for the 220's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a 6" barrel and slide in my G20 and have a handload worked up so far to 1100fps with a 220 hard cast and no pressure signs...

What powder?  800X, Longshot, AA#9?

I can get the 200's over 1200 out of a 5.25" KKM barrel.  Looking for a load for the 220's.

800X. I looked at my notebook again and it's actually about 1140fps average, with 8.1gr 800X.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In this thread, 10mm aficionados speak of the original loading, and the masses will re-tell the stories while shooting .40 level rounds...
View Quote

Buffalo bore is the bullet you seek.

Txl
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Many thanks to PointBlank82.  Just ordered a .40 Super conversion barrel for my FNX-Tactical, 24# spring and ISMI guide rod and a bunch of Underwood ammo!

Can't wait to try it!   I'm looking forward to trying a round that is more powerful than 10mm without having to buy a new gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, that .40 super FNX is bad ass.  But I guess most people don't realize that .40 super is like a 10mm +P+.

Get some nice shooting gloves too... the grip checkering will tear up your hands quick. I'm still debating a MB for mine, should help too but will be so loud.

For what it's worth, you can load 20 grains for H110 under the 135 gr... it's like a 300 blackout pistol.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For those that have a G20 or G29 and want a similar conversion, pick up a 9x25 Dillon conversion barrel and stronger spring. It's very easy to hit 2000fps with lighter projectiles.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]
A 45 cal bullet deserves a full sized 5" barrel, or a 4" barrel with +P loadings.  Neither a 45  or a 10mm conceal as well  as my  Glock 33. Love to carry my Para14 and S&W 1076........when I don't mind walking with a limp.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#8]
STOP POSTING GLOCK 40 PICS.

I DON'T NEED ANOTHER FOUR-HOUR ERECTION!
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In this thread, 10mm aficionados speak of the original loading, and the masses will re-tell the stories while shooting .40 level rounds...
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Get some nice shooting gloves too... the grip checkering will tear up your hands quick. I'm still debating a MB for mine, should help too but will be so loud.

For what it's worth, you can load 20 grains for H110 under the 135 gr... it's like a 300 blackout pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy crap....  My .300 blackout reloading recipe for 110gr bullets is 19.6 gr of H110...  Damn!
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I used to fire 45 supers out a my 45 uusp.it was a " BLAST" NO issues
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the internet assures me if I don't modify the frame to hold up to the strain .45 super will wear out my USP?

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/51/511a45fedabe8ffa988f23fc19b652a21ff88ef8872f31a3a507361a98cf80f9.jpg

All USPs are basically smaller Mk23, and they tested the fuck out it with .45 +p and over 6,000 proof rounds. No damage whatsoever.

I used to fire 45 supers out a my 45 uusp.it was a " BLAST" NO issues

You think that was a blast... I fired 7 rounds of 45 super out of an unmodded Springfield XDSs 3.3. Yeah... EVERYONE knew it was a cannon at the range.

I remember reading that the HKUSP45 was actually designed to handle the 45 super, but can't back up the claim.

45Super out of my Sig P220 ST is fun and easy to shoot. I Just put in the heaviest WOLFF recoil spring and it shot great. No issues and still works with 45ball ammo. (spring was too stiff to lock back the slide on 45 ball till it was broken in. After 10 mags of 45 ball the gun functioned as it should and then ate up a bunch of 45 super with out a problem.

Underwood ammo for 45 super, 460 Rowland, and 10mm hot loads. (lighter the bullet in each respective round is what I bought)
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=79906

Damn I want a Sig P220 in 10mm. Can they handle the hot loads like the G20? Serious question, UW states not to use their ammo in some guns.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Damn I want a Sig P220 in 10mm. Can they handle the hot loads like the G20? Serious question, UW states not to use their ammo in some guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Sig is a stainless frame, and able to handle the loads, (info from a telephone call from a SIG engineer and tech spec person a few weeks back)
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Sig is a stainless frame, and able to handle the loads, (info from a telephone call from a SIG engineer and tech spec person a few weeks back)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't think it was a frame issue so much as a chamber issue, but good to know that Sig states the P220 can handle the hot loads.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I didn't think it was a frame issue so much as a chamber issue, but good to know that Sig states the P220 can handle the hot loads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 10XX collection takes abuse too.
1006, 1026, 1066, 1076, 1086

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, 220 is good to go.

I constantly pester my friends that work there to get a 227 SAO in 10mm made
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I very much prefer shooting my .45 1911 vs my dads Colt Delta Elite 10mm.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The masses don't buy buffalo bore.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I very much prefer shooting my .45 1911 vs my dads Colt Delta Elite 10mm.
View Quote

Try a softer lace in the waistband.... it will be more comfortable for you.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah actually we buy underwood because it's cheaper
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yup, 220 is good to go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, 220 is good to go.

I just want them to make a 227 in STAINLESS. I'll be all over that!

The 227 mag in 10mm holds a ton of ammo I tried it a while ago and it held IIRC 14 or 15 rounds of 10mm. as it makes the double stack almost perfectly. It's not a double stack 45, more like a 1.5 stack. If that makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah no shit! I called mine the Noisy Cricket!
Its the only gun i ever sold, with 1200 rounds of ammo. I was an idiot i know.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that the G29/30 is actually one of the most versatile hand guns ever made. There are so many conversion barrels grip extensions available on the market that you can shoot half a dozen different calibers and have just as much capacity as a G20. The only thing lacking is the shorter sight length.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:41:24 PM EDT
[#24]
As a recent inductee to the 10mm Master Race, I say: come on in, the water's fine.

I bought a glock 20 and I can shoot it as well as any other gun I've got including a 1911 (range officer) and a 686 with a particularly good trigger. It carries 16 rounds with ballistics a little north of .357. I carry it in a drop leg holster outside my rain gear when hunting. It rides around wet and neglected, then runs like a raped ape.  What's not to like?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Shoot .45 Super in your 1911 .45 and the the 10mm quickly becomes a second best..

Try Buffalo Bore  .45 Super 255 grain Hard cast at 1075 FPS.

View Quote
The problem with .45 Super is that you are firing a round with certain velocities that is making the slide even with the right springs, going at a much faster velocity than what the actual 1911 .45 ACP mag was designed for and causing issues.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#26]
10mm
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

As a recent inductee to the 10mm Master Race, I say: come on in, the water's fine.

I bought a glock 20 and I can shoot it as well as any other gun I've got including a 1911 (range officer) and a 686 with a particularly good trigger. It carries 16 rounds with ballistics a little north of .357. I carry it in a drop leg holster outside my rain gear when hunting. It rides around wet and neglected, then runs like a raped ape.  What's not to like?
View Quote
Splurge on a EAA Witness elite match 10mm.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Got my .40 Super barrel in today - still waiting on the stiffer spring and ammo.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Should be a hoot to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

are those made well? heard some questionable reports over the years
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What a difference 1mm makes.
View Quote

It's one more innit?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The elite match and above are made really, really well. The "wonder finish" guns while nice are not spectacular*, but that's kind of befitting the price range. They work, and work well but dn't have the full on match gun accuracy. The Eliete Match is a real match quality gun and will shoot circles around a LOT of high end pistols.  It's the gun you get when you want to stealth brag on people like "oh I just got this cheap import wont be much aganst your $3000 custom 1911!"  [shoot 1 1/2"-2" groups at 25 yards not tryig] "oh geese will you look at that!"

*The Wonder finish 10mm / .45 had an issue with slide cracking in a thin area, that's since been fixed by using the match slide profile which is thick in that area
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The elite match and above are made really, really well. The "wonder finish" guns while nice are not spectacular*, but that's kind of befitting the price range. They work, and work well but dn't have the full on match gun accuracy. The Eliete Match is a real match quality gun and will shoot circles around a LOT of high end pistols.  It's the gun you get when you want to stealth brag on people like "oh I just got this cheap import wont be much aganst your $3000 custom 1911!"  [shoot 1 1/2"-2" groups at 25 yards not tryig] "oh geese will you look at that!"

*The Wonder finish 10mm / .45 had an issue with slide cracking in a thin area, that's since been fixed by using the match slide profile which is thick in that area
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've made up my mind to buy one of those Elites a few times now, but never follow through because of what I've heard about EAA's abysmal customer service.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try my Stub nose .454 Casull  
Love my 10mm pistols but that Alaskan is pretty snappy
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I've made up my mind to buy one of those Elites a few times now, but never follow through because of what I've heard about EAA's abysmal customer service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ehhh...

Working at a range/ store, being on here for awhile, and seeing how people function in the firearms community, unless a person can articulate exactly what is wrong with a firearm, and why/ how they couldn't fix it themselves, and how the company failed to correct the problem in technical detail, I straight up don't believe customer service gripes anymore. Not saying that's the case in ALL instances or with all shooters but from my experience, the people who complain about customer service, are the same ones who buy a new gun then  try to put 500 rounds thorough it while it's still coated in shipping grease in like an hour.

I had heard the same thing you have, but my one experience with EAA was freaking awesome.   I bought a known to crack 10mm, waited for the slide to crack, then called up, sent the gun, got it back with the old style match slide as a replacement and couldn't be happier.  That was a long time ago though.

EAA makes good guns, they run well out of the box, and reward tinkering. I guess I don't see customer service being much of a selling point. If it was Hi-point would be one of the best guns to won given their customer satisfaction guarantee/ lifetime of the gun no questions asked warranty!
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

PPU hollow point 10mm is $18 a box of $50 on several sites like SG or AIM.........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If 10mm cost what .45 costs, most of my weapons would be in 10mm.  

I have owned both and currently shoot .45acp exclusively.  It adequately suits my purposes without raping my wallet.

With that being said, I think a 10mm is infinately superior as a woods gun.   Costs be damned.

PPU hollow point 10mm is $18 a box of $50 on several sites like SG or AIM.........

I have a 10mm RIA and it HATES PPU, I've polished the feed ramp and done everything I could to make it feed and get at least one failure to feed per mag. However, I've used Remington and federal without the weird shaped PPU hollowpoint and it's been 100%. Just something to consider when buying ammo. Its a great gun for the money in my opinion
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ehhh...    

Working at a range/ store, being on here for awhile, and seeing how people function in the firearms community, unless a person can articulate exactly what is wrong with a firearm, and why/ how they couldn't fix it themselves, and how the company failed to correct the problem in technical detail, I straight up don't believe customer service gripes anymore. Not saying that's the case in ALL instances or with all shooters but from my experience, the people who complain about customer service, are the same ones who buy a new gun then  try to put 500 rounds thorough it while it's still coated in shipping grease in like an hour.

I had heard the same thing you have, but my one experience with EAA was freaking awesome.   I bought a known to crack 10mm, waited for the slide to crack, then called up, sent the gun, got it back with the old style match slide as a replacement and couldn't be happier.  That was a long time ago though.

EAA makes good guns, they run well out of the box, and reward tinkering. I guess I don't see customer service being much of a selling point. If it was Hi-point would be one of the best guns to won given their customer satisfaction guarantee/ lifetime of the gun no questions asked warranty!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ehhh...    

what's the cheapest 10mm model they make that doesn't crack? because I want one but fuck that warranty noise
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have a 10mm RIA and it HATES PPU, I've polished the feed ramp and done everything I could to make it feed and get at least one failure to feed per mag. However, I've used Remington and federal without the weird shaped PPU hollowpoint and it's been 100%. Just something to consider when buying ammo. Its a great gun for the money in my opinion
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If 10mm cost what .45 costs, most of my weapons would be in 10mm.  

I have owned both and currently shoot .45acp exclusively.  It adequately suits my purposes without raping my wallet.

With that being said, I think a 10mm is infinately superior as a woods gun.   Costs be damned.

prvi 10mm is garbage anyway, it's downloaded like a mofo and the cases have a horribly weak web - if you reload them to any sort of normal power level they pop
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ehhh...    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ehhh...    

Good to know.  Been thinking about a EAA Witness 10mm.  Handled one and a Sig P220 at a show about a year ago.  One of the reasons I went with the Sig, I like it except for the 8 round mag capacity.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Good to know.  Been thinking about a EAA Witness 10mm.  Handled one and a Sig P220 at a show about a year ago.  One of the reasons I went with the Sig, I like it except for the 8 round mag capacity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ehhh...    

We have options now. I'd really like to know if anyone has tried to slide a 220 10mm slide onto a 227 frame. If it works, some magazine modifications later and a tig welder to tighten the feed lips, it may be possible to have a 10mm high cap SIG.

Can someone answer the question if a P227 and a P220 slide are interchangeable?

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

what's the cheapest 10mm model they make that doesn't crack? because I want one but fuck that warranty noise
View Quote
Oh they fixed the issue, they changed the slide profile to that of the match slides that don't have issues.

(not my pic)

On top you can see the old slide (the original "wonder finish" base level gun)with crack.  It's identifiable by the scalloping that really thins down the profile of the slide that goes all the way back to the extractor.

The bottom slide is one of the match style slides, as can be seen it has larger flats on the side, and if you look at the front of the ejection port, where it's relieved you can get a sense of just how much more metal is on the slide  than the top one.

So, I have never read and root cause of the issue, but I think it's the same thing that wrecked a ton of 10mm 1911's in the 90's, too much slide velocity returning to battery. In 1911's it was running massive springs to soak up heavy recoil, but they would slam the slide back forward super hard. In the EAA I think it was the dramatically lightened slide that allowed the actually kind of soft springs to do the same.

Either way, the new style beefier slides AFAIK solved the problem, either through more meat, or more weight to add inertia to slow the slide down.

I personally, as well as the few people I know who have them, switched to 18-20 lb wolff springs pretty much off the bat.  The stock springs are OK for FBI "light" loads for awhile, but get crushed fast.  Wolff springs are pretty damn good and cheap enough to get a few sets to switch out for different power level ammo.

As much as I like the EAA guns personally if I was going to shoot hot ammo all the time, I'd get a G20 instead. But cheap ammo with a few rounds of buffalo bore or Underwood here or there isn't bad. Just make sure to have the appropriate recoil spring in for doing like a whole box or two I think a lot of people who are used to like 9mm, .45, and .40 don't understand the jump from something like magtech FMJ to Underwood. I always laugh when people say dumb shit like "10mm ammo is barely hotter than .40" like "ok here try this shit that's like old school hot .357".

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#43]
10mm is a most excellent round . . .

. . for a revolver.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

. . for a revolver.
View Quote

Them is fighting words round here...
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

. . for a revolver.

View Quote
Most modern semi-auto rounds are great rounds for revolvers because they are designed for modern powder pressures where as traditional revolver rounds are out of date black powder dimension cases.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Oh they fixed the issue, they changed the slide profile to that of the match slides that don't have issues.

(not my pic)

On top you can see the old slide (the original "wonder finish" base level gun)with crack.  It's identifiable by the scalloping that really thins down the profile of the slide that goes all the way back to the extractor.

The bottom slide is one of the match style slides, as can be seen it has larger flats on the side, and if you look at the front of the ejection port, where it's relieved you can get a sense of just how much more metal is on the slide  than the top one.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/wyckedflesh/Macro/P9080014.jpg

So, I have never read and root cause of the issue, but I think it's the same thing that wrecked a ton of 10mm 1911's in the 90's, too much slide velocity returning to battery. In 1911's it was running massive springs to soak up heavy recoil, but they would slam the slide back forward super hard. In the EAA I think it was the dramatically lightened slide that allowed the actually kind of soft springs to do the same.

Either way, the new style beefier slides AFAIK solved the problem, either through more meat, or more weight to add inertia to slow the slide down.
I personally, as well as the few people I know who have them, switched to 18-20 lb wolff springs pretty much off the bat.  The stock springs are OK for FBI "light" loads for awhile, but get crushed fast.  Wolff springs are pretty damn good and cheap enough to get a few sets to switch out for different power level ammo.

As much as I like the EAA guns personally if I was going to shoot hot ammo all the time, I'd get a G20 instead. But cheap ammo with a few rounds of buffalo bore or Underwood here or there isn't bad. Just make sure to have the appropriate recoil spring in for doing like a whole box or two I think a lot of people who are used to like 9mm, .45, and .40 don't understand the jump from something like magtech FMJ to Underwood. I always laugh when people say dumb shit like "10mm ammo is barely hotter than .40" like "ok here try this shit that's like old school hot .357".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(not my pic)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/wyckedflesh/Macro/P9080014.jpg

thanks for the pics and explanation

I already have a g29 and love it, shooting nothing but underwood and my equivalent power reloads

now I want a fullsize 10mm and I'm a huge CZfan, getting a little tired of glocks too since I have a bunch of them
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I already have a g29 and love it, shooting nothing but underwood and my equivalent power reloads

now I want a fullsize 10mm and I'm a huge CZfan, getting a little tired of glocks too since I have a bunch of them
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No worries!

The elite match is a VERY accurate gun. I have the match slide as a replacement slide on my "wonderfinish" da/sa gun and while the original slide was not to shabby, the match slide and barrel cut group sizes in half. (never shoot it DA, just SA)

The match itself is SAO and has a pretty darn good trigger. The levels above that start getting expensive but are factory race guns.

Cool thing on the EAA's is they are designed to caliber swap like nobody's business being European competition guns (tanfoglio) While here in the states it's not such a big deal because we can buy whole guns in different calibers, it is a nice option.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Most modern semi-auto rounds are great rounds for revolvers because they are designed for modern powder pressures where as traditional revolver rounds are out of date black powder dimension cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

. . for a revolver.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Had a Glock 29 and a 30..loved them because I could use the same holster for them...The Glock 29 made me smile when I pulled the trigger....The Glock 30 made me smile when I pulled the target.  The G29 had a major problem with stove piping..not sure why but I couldn't fix it .  I even sent it back to Glock but that didn't fix it 100% ..before you accuse me of "limp wristing" the problem with the G29 happened with the Black Box Blazer weak stuff as well as the Doubletap..meanwhile I was shooting the G30 with spicier 45 ammo with no problems...not one. I eventually sold the G29 back to the guy I bought it from 2 years after I bought it.  14 years later I still carry the G30..

But if I saw a G29 with no ejection issues I could probably talk myself into it
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgflip.com/1efnp8.jpg
The only reason "magnum" exists was because modern ammo like .38 Super caused S&W to pantshit and stuff more powder in it's ancient designs to try to compete.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top