Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/13/2006 12:56:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, ten years ago already?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Gun owners were made a scapegoat by an incompetent Police Force and corrupt politicians.

That sums it up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Gun owners were made a scapegoat by an incompetent Police Force and corrupt politicians.

That sums it up.

Welll, exactly how many people have resorted to such attacks with a knife now?

Honest question.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
You mean 9 years ago.

The Conservatives did not ban all handguns.

Tony Blair and Labour did.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It's really a shame you guys don't have the equivalent of our 2nd Ammendment. If nothing else, it dramatically slows the gun grabber's progress. Ugh, 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]

He then turned the gun on himself.

Seems that these cases are the worst when it comes to blaming the object.  They cannot get any satisfaction by trying and executing the perpetrator so they go after guns, knives, drugs, etc.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
SAD

Is there a Organization in England, Scotland and Wales that has the balls to try and get you rights back???

I know we Americans have had our issues, but slowly we getting most of our gun rights back.

Good luck, hopefully one day they will trust you with handguns again.

FREE
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#10]
You didn't lose them, you gave them up.
You could have fought back - you would have most likely died, but is that not preferable to living as slaves?
Now your government puts cameras on your street corners, and you are forced to use clubs to defend your homes and lives.
Your example has galvanized many of us here in the states.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sums it up.

Welll, exactly how many people have resorted to such attacks with a knife now?

Honest question.

A. Exactly how many people had resorted to such attacks with guns before the ban?

B. Google [sword attack england] [sword attack scotland] [sword attack wales].

C. Do this:
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#14]
And no-one is any safer now then they were then. That is the unfortunate truth.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#15]
As far as the English just giving up their rights...  I think gun ownership had already been so burdensome, that those actually practicing it were far too few in numbers to put up any measurable fight against serious and harsh regulation.  

It is a sad state of affairs...  someone can break into your house, and if you hurt him, YOU can be charged with a crime?   If someone mugs you on the street, don't dare touch him, because he has RIGHTS?  

I'm sure England has some great qualities, but otherwise, some things are pretty backwards, and I hope that society wakes up to it... and that it doesn't take something SERIOUSLY bad to cause it.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You could have fought back - you would have most likely died, but is that not preferable to living as slaves?
Now your government puts cameras on your street corners, and you are forced to use clubs to defend your homes and lives.

OK 'Mr Big' go buy yourself a full auto machine gun, ring the Feds and tell them you have a 'right under the Constitution' to own it' and come and take it from your cold dead hands……

I'll be waiting to see the report on FOX NEWS (Yes, I do get FOX over here)…

But I expect it will be a long (make that never) time before you do that… Talk is cheap when you don't have to put your life where you internet mouth is.

lol you got the verbal beatdown, .308!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't argue with the limey.  They gots better skools and they talk good.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You mean 9 years ago.

The Conservatives did not ban all handguns.

Tony Blair and Labour did.

So torries are "good" and labourers are "bad"  and the there is the house of lords and house commons?  So what is what?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK 'Mr Big' go buy yourself a full auto machine gun, ring the Feds and tell them you have a 'right under the Constitution' to own it' and come and take it from your cold dead hands……

But I expect it will be a long (make that never) time before you do that… Talk is cheap when you don't have to put your life where you internet mouth is.

lol you got the verbal beatdown, .308!

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Actually I'm Irish, people can tell I'm a 'forriner' in England because I speak english better than the locals!

Good God isn't that the truth.  When I went through customs in Dover I could barely understand the guy.  No problems in London.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

- BG

It's funny and sad, because I read this sentence:

One pupil said: "We heard these gunshots from the gym and looked round and thought he must be firing at a target or something then he came out through a fire exit and started firing at our huts and we were all petrified."

...and thought about how a 5 year old in the US could not form such a coherent sentence, much less use a word like petrified.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The Snowdrop Campaign was successful in achieving a change in the law in 1997, making it illegal to buy or possess a handgun.

When came the severe restrictions on posession of rifles? There was some maniac who went postal back in the late 80'ies, was that the Dunblane for rifle posession?

OTOH, I have to thank your politicians for this prime example of worthless gun legislation. Severe restrictions on gun ownership have been tested in Europe with a total lack of success, is it an excellent counter-argument if someone tries to purpose the same here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ooh! That's going to leave a mark!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Ban Scotland.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Most gun bans are brought on by hysteria driven reactions.
And nazi-like government officials.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#27]
At least you can keep long guns in your home for protection..er.
Well, at least you'll always have fox hunting... oh,
Well, at least you can still buy big scary knives...
You boys are on a roll.  What happens when there's nothing left to ban?

Until you start electing some conservatives / moderates, you're screwed.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know how you still live there.  If all guns were banned in USA I would have to keep mine as contraband or move.  Never Surrender, Never Give Up.  MOLON LABE!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
It's really a shame you guys don't have the equivalent of our 2nd Ammendment. If nothing else, it dramatically slows the gun grabber's progress. Ugh, 10 years ago.

The English Bill of Rights contains something similar to our 2nd.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Actually I'm Irish, people can tell I'm a 'forriner' in England because I speak english better than the locals!

effing Paddy's don't know one end of the gun from the other....

Bejazus
Taffy

Here are a few of the pistols I lost.......I had a Colt.45 also in Satin finish

But on a better note ...here's Jason with my M4gery

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The Queen has sent a message of sympathy to the people of Dunblane.

What kind of asshole has any desire to kill or injure 5 and 6 year olds?
Probably saved himself a lot of pain and suffering by finishing himself, rather than having a parent do the kind of things I would do to him.

Peeled back toe and fingernails, popped out eyeballs and kneecap removal are too good for this guy.

If the "Queen" was that sympathetic, she would have championed the right of an individual to defend their children and family.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

If you carry on disrespecting us like this...........
I'll wave a big pointy(pre-ban) stick at you
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Queen has sent a message of sympathy to the people of Dunblane.

What kind of asshole has any desire to kill or injure 5 and 6 year olds?
Probably saved himself a lot of pain and suffering by finishing himself, rather than having a parent do the kind of things I would do to him.

Peeled back toe and fingernails, popped out eyeballs and kneecap removal are too good for this guy.

If the "Queen" was that sympathetic, she would have championed the right of an individual to defend their children and family.  

An asshole who was flagged to the Police as "VERY" unsound more than once for varying reasons who then was still able to keep his guns.

Procedures were already in place to prevent this from happening.
Those procedures were not adhered to at the time.

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i2.tinypic.com/rc0o40.jpg

Long gun and big knife… and I can still hunt Fox's with a rifle…

ANdy

No offense Andy, but how often does the government agent come to your home to inspect your rifle and make sure that you are storing it properly?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, WE CAN go buy ourselves full-autos.  We just can't get any NEW ones.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
And no-one is any safer now then they were then. That is the unfortunate truth.

Never was about BEING safer, it's ALWAYS about making Joe Sheeple and Jane Soccer Mommie FEEL safer, FEEL like the politicians are DOING SOMETHING.  Doesn't mean jack shit to any of them if the problem is solved, just that "something was done".

A vast majority of the population simply will not allow themselves to understand that there are a percentage of people out there that are demented, unbalanced, evil or otherwise not willing or able to be a part of civilized society and that they will ALWAYS prey upon those that refuse to defend themselves.

To admit that one must be prepared to defend themselves they have face uncomfortable realities that they simply will not do, hence they eagerly give up freedoms in the blind hope that government will protect them.

Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#41]
You gun owners should not have bent over while supplying the vaseline. People need to understand the gobberment rules by fear, picking off somebody and making a big scene. If people unite and say no, the gobberment can do nothing. The key is to unite and stick together.

For instance if the people of Kalifornia owning "assault weapons" had told the state to go screw itself and all stuck together, the state would not have thrown hundreds of thoudands owners in jail and the law would have gone away. Same for New York, etc.  There is strength in numbers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thedoctors308 has this delusion that he's better than everyone else.  If you don't believe me, ask him.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#43]
WWWWD??

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#44]
10 years... so did the ban expire today then?

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dayum.  Very nice slam.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thedoctors308 has this delusion that he's better than everyone else.  If you don't believe me, ask him.

I know I'm better than you bucko.

Vito113 - don't take my comments the wrong way.
Some of family left England in the 1600s to go to Amsterdam, and then Masschusetts.
Some of my family left Scotland in the 1700s to come to America to fight the English.
Some of my family left Ireland during the potato famine, and the rest left after WWI to come here.
The United Kingdom is my anscestral home.
I am incredibly saddened to see how far the original Land of Liberty has fallen.
I made that post in a fit of sadness and despair, because I fear we are next, and I fear that when the time comes, I will die alone and die pointlessly.
I made my mind up a long time ago not to lose my rights.

As an aside - did it ever...cross your minds that perhaps this shooting was a reichstag fire of sorts?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Don't argue with the limey.  They gots better skoolz and they talk gooder.

- BG

Dood, lern propper inglish.... you are making us look dumberer than them!!!... fixt it for ya!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#48]
On a serious note, did you guy get to keep them (grandfathered) or did you have to turn them in?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

As an aside - did it ever...cross your minds that perhaps this shooting was a reichstag fire of sorts?

I'm starting to learn that you have a real love for conspiracy theories don't you?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm starting to learn that you have a real love for conspiracy theories don't you?

And who might you be?
A friend of Johninaustin?
I find most "conspiracy theories" to be redicilous.
I do not think it is rediculous to consider the possibility of an arranged event.
After all - a bunch of muslims took flying lessons, but did not want to learn how to land, was ignored.
And the label of "conspiracy theory" is a convenient way to discredit the idea without having to address it.
Of course, you probably think the Branch Davidians all shot themselves and torched their church.

I alos find the incidences of firearms massacres in relation to firearms bans to be quite interesting.
The police knew he was a bad guy, knew he was unstable, yet did nothing to keep an eye on him.
He goes and kills a bunch of people, then offs himself at the scene.
Just something to consider is all.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top