Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2009 8:07:51 AM EDT
Any idea what tool (s) I need to remove this?  Looks like a few rotted out philps screws around a... ?   I'm thinking maybe the cut-off wheel on a dremel.  Almost no space to work either.  Thinking of starting by hosing it down with WD40 for a few days...

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:28:18 AM EDT
Phillips head screwdriver.  Should come off after that.  Some have a threaded unit that you just need a pipe wrench to bring it off.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:32:01 AM EDT

sawzall or dremel if nogo
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:36:11 AM EDT
The philips heads will probably twist off so looking for contingency plans.  As mentioned almost no room to turn a pipe wrench.  Now thinking maybe cut a gap in the part of the ring that is sitting off the threaded part and stick a chisel in there and snap that fitting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:46:10 AM EDT
I'm guessing Kroil will probably work better than the wd40
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:57:27 AM EDT
I second the Kroil, make sure you use the best fitting phillips you can and go very slowly.
Top Top