Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2009 8:07:51 AM EDT
Any idea what tool (s) I need to remove this?  Looks like a few rotted out philps screws around a... ?   I'm thinking maybe the cut-off wheel on a dremel.  Almost no space to work either.  Thinking of starting by hosing it down with WD40 for a few days...

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Phillips head screwdriver.  Should come off after that.  Some have a threaded unit that you just need a pipe wrench to bring it off.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
philips

sawzall or dremel if nogo
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The philips heads will probably twist off so looking for contingency plans.  As mentioned almost no room to turn a pipe wrench.  Now thinking maybe cut a gap in the part of the ring that is sitting off the threaded part and stick a chisel in there and snap that fitting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing Kroil will probably work better than the wd40
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I second the Kroil, make sure you use the best fitting phillips you can and go very slowly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top