Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/2/2009 2:43:15 PM EDT
Just looking for a little inspiration - have to turn in a quote tomorrow to say at graduation from Infantry Officers Course.  Military themed would be best, but I'm open to anything badass/intriguing.  Been thinking about "lead the attitude," something my dad once told me, but that might get shot down.  Let's hear some goo shit arfcom!
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
"We're Airborne, Sir, we're meant to be surrounded."
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Rocco: Shut your fat ass, Rayvie! I can't go and buy a pack of smokes without running into nine guys you've fucked!
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You know how sometimes you run into someone you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners. Coach Norman Dale

Now boys, Don't get caught watchin the paint dry.  Shooter
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a mushroom cloud layin' mother fucker, mother fucker!

I'm sure that will over well
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always gotten!
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#9]
"on the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bodies of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest, and resting died."- Adlai E. Stevenson
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I Love the Smell of Napalm In The Morning .  It Reminds me of ... Victory !!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]
"They can eat a cold bowl of fuck if they don't like it."––-contractor in Iraq during a protracted firefight, when told some of the occupants of the building whose roof he was fighting from objected to his presence.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"They can eat a cold bowl of fuck if they don't like it."––-contractor in Iraq during a protracted firefight, when told some of the occupants of the building whose roof he was fighting from objected to his presence.

/thread
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
George S. Patton

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#14]
In heaven all the interesting people are missing.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#15]
" I don't want to get any messages saying, 'I am holding my position.' We are not holding a Goddamned thing. Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls. We are going to twist his balls and kick the living shit out of him all of the time." - George S. Patton
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#16]
"Follow me!"...'nuff said.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#17]
"You guys ... you guys ... you guys ... We have ten minutes ... we have to get consensus ... you guys ... you guys ... you guys ... "
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#18]
The scrolling banner at the top.
Magpul

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#19]
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#20]
If all about you are running in circles, screaming at the top of their lungs and you are standing calmly watching it all then you obviously don't have a clue what the #+!! is going on!

When in worry or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining!

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Joey, you like movies about gladiators?
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#22]
"As I walk thorugh the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherfucker in the valley!"

- Patton
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I always liked this one

“It’s a question of mind over matter, I don’t mind and you don’t
fucking matter”

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Be the hammer not the nail.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"They can eat a cold bowl of fuck if they don't like it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ever see a grown man naked?
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#28]
"Drive down that road and see what shoots at you."

-Gen. Patton
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i was waiting for that one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Pussy,and gunpowder.  One brings you in this world, the other takes you out, and i love the smell of both.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i was waiting for that one.

The one question I have that is most important is this: How do you feel about full frontal male nudity?
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

"Carla WAS the prom queen."

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just looking for a little inspiration - have to turn in a quote tomorrow to say at graduation from Infantry Officers Course.  Military themed would be best, but I'm open to anything badass/intriguing.  Been thinking about "lead the attitude," something my dad once told me, but that might get shot down.  Let's hear some goo shit arfcom!

Probably unusable, but this Babylon 5 scene has some of the best quotes of the entire series.

m
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Uncommon valor was a common virtue!
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#36]
"You talkin to me?"

"Well I'm the only one here................................"
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#37]
From on old movie (Late 70's or early 80's called "Hollywood Vice Squad" (I think)...

"Blink M@%$^# F@#&$% and you'll die in the dark!"
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#38]
"They're in front of us, behind us, and on both sides of us..... They aren't getting away this time."
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn’t even be there,
   Eighty are just targets,
   Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.
   Ah, but the one,
   One is a warrior,
   And he will bring the others back.

— Heraclitus
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#40]
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace.
We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand
that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity
forget that you were our countrymen." ––Samuel Adams

I turned in all my guns and all I got was these lousy leg irons.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#41]
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men I stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

-George Orwell, by way of RangerUp
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"They're in front of us, behind us, and on both sides of us..... They aren't getting away this time."

I love it
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#44]
“It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly . . . who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never known victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#45]
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" -Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC  
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Nuts!

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm here on behalf of the Founding Fathers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#48]
'We don't need yet another sorry bad-assed quote. You guys know what to do. Just go and lead your men."

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Never look directly into the sun, swim in shark infested waters, tug on Supermans cape, or piss into the wind !

(Author Unknown)
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#50]
You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it." ­­

––UNKNOWN
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top