Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Joey, you like movies about gladiators?

Ever see a grown man naked?

i was waiting for that one.

That movie just doesn't get old. I laught everytime I see it or hear a quote.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always liked my sig line. Portrays a hell of a image that gets more meaningful every day.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've always liked my sig line. Portrays a hell of a image that gets more meaningful every day.

Yes it does.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
ill be back
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty;  the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box."

-Theodore Roosevelt  
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#6]
"An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot; it will succeed where diplomatic management would fall: it is neither the Rhine, the Channel, nor the ocean that can arrest its progress: it will march on the horizon of the world, and it will conquer." Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice. French (1796), English Edition (1797).

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine, The American Crisis, Chapter IV, Sept. 12, 1777.

"The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things." Rush Limbaugh
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum

My buddy use to tell girls jokingly, "I aint got nothin but dick and bubblegum and I'm fresh out of bubblegum"
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"We're Airborne, Sir, we're meant to be surrounded."

Who said that?

ETA and of course I submit the quote in my sig for the thread.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#10]
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways - a cocktail in one hand - a smoke in the other - body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO!? What a ride!"

Paul Smith

Were it not for the Brave, there would be no Land of the Free.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Have a coke and smile and shut the fuck up!
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#12]
"I've never lived closer to danger, but I've never felt safer. I've never felt more confident, and people could spot it from a mile away. And as for this, the violence? I gotta be honest - it grew on me. Once you've taken a few punches and realize you're not made of glass, you don't feel alive unless you're pushing yourself as far as you can go."  Green Street Hooligans

"The only difference between genius and insanity is success"

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#13]
the set up - this was told to me by my grandfather when i showed him my first AR

"that's a nice toy you have there son, ...the M1, now that was a fine rifle, ... when you ran out of ammo, you could still crack open a krout's head with it, try that with your toy sometime and tell me how it works"

any time you got hurt he would ask - " are you bleeding " - if you answered no then he would say - " then what the F$#K is your damage, you'll live... go help your grandmother cook if your going to cry like a girl"
if you answered - yes - he would ask to see it, then say "well it's a long way from your heart, you'll live, go see your grandmother, and don't take all day, we still have work to do"
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."  –– Thomas Paine

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General George Patton

"A leader is a man who can adapt principles to circumstances." - General George S. Patton
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it." ­­

––UNKNOWN

~~~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 - 2005 ~~~~~

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#16]
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement."
-Winston Churchill

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
-Winston Churchill

"I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. "
-Ronald Reagan
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#17]
This is a selection of the quotes I've been collecting over the years.  One of my favorites is the one from Col Robert Holmes.  Maybe there is something you can use in here.

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit
violence on those who would do us harm."
- George Orwell

"Sometimes it is not enough to do our best––we must do what is
required."
-Sir Winston Churchill

"The noblest fate that a man can endure is to place his own mortal body between his
loved home and war's desolation."

"Without a sign his sword the brave man draws,
And asks no omen but his country’s cause."

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier
on earth."
-Thomas J. Jackson

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack."
-Ferdinand Foch

Of every 100 men (in battle) 10 Shouldn't even be there, 80 are nothing but mere targets,
9 are real fighters ... we are lucky to have them ... they the battle make. - Ah, but the one,
one of them is a WARRIOR ... and he will bring the others back.
Hericletus, 500 BC

"The American Paratrooper exists to give the enemy soldier the best chance to die for
his country."
- General George Patton.

Infantry-We are the military's version of the Boy Scouts...
But with automatic weapons and no adult supervision.

"It is fatal to enter into any war without the will to win it."
-General Douglas MacArthur, 7 July 1952

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all
others.
-Winston Churchill

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered
heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to
become discouraged by their defeats."
- Bertie C. Forbes

"I’m going for a run. Don’t ask me how far or how fast. Just be there with me at the end.”
-Former 720 STG Commander, Colonel Robert Holmes

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear
any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to ensure the
survival and success of freedom.
-John F. Kennedy, 1961

“Our Nation, this generation, will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We
will rally the world to this cause, by our efforts and by our courage. We will not tire, we will not
falter, and we will not fail.”
-President George W. Bush

"Well you gonna do somethin, or just stand there and bleed..." -Wyatt Earp in Tombstone

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of
moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The
person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important
than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free
unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
-John Stewart Mill

"Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."
-Harold Wilson

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the
world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is
not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is
potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

"We must relentlessly pursue perfection knowing fully we will never obtain it. However, it
is through the pursuit of perfection that we achieve excellence."
-Vince Lombardi

"That every molly-coddle, professional pacifist, and man who is 'too proud to fight' when
the nation's quarrel is just, should be exiled to those out of the way parts... where the
spirit of manliness has not yet penetrated."
Theodore Roosevelt

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
-Col. Jeff Cooper
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#18]

"Nos is like a hot girl with STD's, you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences!"

"Out of every 100 men,

10 should not be here,

80 are nothing but targets,

9 are the real fighters,

and we are lucky to have them,

for they the battle make."

"Ah, but the ONE,

ONE of them is a WARRIOR,

and he will bring the others back."

Heraclitus 500 BC

<o:p></o:p>

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#19]
In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.
- Erwin Rommel
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#20]
IF you can say a poem try this

IF

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream––and not make dreams your master,
If you can think––and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings––nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And––which is more––you'll be a Man, my son!

––Rudyard Kipling
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.
- Erwin Rommel

Nice quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#22]
This is my favorite

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting.
                                                                                                      John W. Creasy
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#24]
tag
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality..

-Emily Dickinson
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
'We don't need yet another sorry bad-assed quote. You guys know what to do. Just go and lead your men."

/winner
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#27]
"The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for
laughter, they are an entire banquet."

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

Samuel Clemens(Mark Twain)

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
[span style='font-style: italic;']

Infantry-We are the military's version of the Boy Scouts...
  But with automatic weapons and no adult supervision.

This.

Trust me on this one!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

"Carla was the prom queen"
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Best quote bar none is: FUCK OBAMA!

or

Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#32]
BEATEN PATHS ARE FOR BEATEN MEN.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#33]
My Grandma was a pretty tough old girl.  Us kids would get to acting-up and she'd walk into the room and say "I'm here to kick ass and take names –– and I forgot my pencil ! !"

We learned to listen to Granny REAL fast ! ! ! !    

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Yesterday is a memory, tomarrow is a mystery and today is a gift...that's why we call it the present.

When you stop caring, you start living

When it comes to alcohol, if you can see through it, it will make you do things you wouldn't see yourself doing

My buddy always says a funny one:  My dick may be short, but I have a 9 inch tongue and can breath out of my ears.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#35]
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke. "
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#36]
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

Written during the "black times" by:
Thomas Paine
The American Crisis Number I
December 1776

(This essay had a major impact on the revival of the American cause in the week before the Battle of Trenton. New York had just been lost and NYC had been burned. Nathan Hale, recently betrayed by Robert Rogers, had been executed two months before. Gen Charles Lee, the 3rd highest ranking officer in the army, had been captured in Basking Ridge. Washington's ragtag army was on the retreat, covered in some part by Alexander Hamiliton's New York artillery, praying that it would not be pinned against the Delaware. The situation was dire.)
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted from a Haitian police officer:

"Never threaten to kill anyone, just do it."

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The scrolling banner at the top.
Magpul

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#39]
"Are you guys ready? Let's roll." Todd Beamer, Flight 93

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty;  the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box."

-Theodore Roosevelt  

Actually I thought that was Ambrose Gwinnett Bierce.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#43]
"All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."

William Munny
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#44]
"I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili"

Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed.

"Remember us." As simple an order as a king can give. "Remember why we died." For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. "Remember us," he said to me. That was his hope, should any free soul come across that place, in all the countless centuries yet to be. May all our voices whisper to you from the ageless stones, "Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here by Spartan law, we lie."

Stelios: It's an honor to die at your side.
King Leonidas: It's an honor to have lived at yours

Children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breath to defend it!
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#45]
"im your huckleberry"
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see. I wanted to breathe smoke. "

Tyler Durden/Jack

Forgot my entry, I borrowed it from somebody I know.
"Fuck em and feed em fish heads"
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't remember for the life of me what movie that is from. Please enlighten me.

Link Posted: 3/2/2009 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#48]
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." –– Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Great thread. I love it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't remember for the life of me what movie that is from. Please enlighten me.

Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley

Airplane
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top