Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 3:39:02 PM EDT
Anyone use one?  I have been looking to add a Scabbard to hold a MB590 on a plate carrier.  I did locate one at Eagle but the rest all seem to be airsoft.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
condor makes one (sold through CTD) and i think hsgi is working on one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
 Any ideas?

yeah, look through the forum threads first......

on page three
shot gun scabbards - AR15.COM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=281765
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Any ideas?

yeah, look through the forum threads first......

on page three
shot gun scabbards - AR15.COM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=281765

Thanks!  Easy there.  I did a search and a dug through the pages but I must have missed this one.

FB
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
just curious, Why do you want to attach a shotgun to the back of your Plate carrier??
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
just curious, Why do you want to attach a shotgun to the back of your Plate carrier??

SHTF
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you ever hauled 8lbs of shotgun on the back of a plate carrier that has 12lbs of plates and probably another 7-10 lbs of misc gear including water while carrying your primary weapon for 12 hours? Not to mention ammo for the shotgun?

If not, you might be a little surprised how heavy it will be and how much it will decrease your mobility.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have you ever hauled 8lbs of shotgun on the back of a plate carrier that has 12lbs of plates and probably another 7-10 lbs of misc gear including water while carrying your primary weapon for 12 hours? Not to mention ammo for the shotgun?

If not, you might be a little surprised how heavy it will be and how much it will decrease your mobility.

When pheasant hunting I carry a 28" shotgun / 12-16 shot birds / 50 rounds of 3" magnum bird shot / all necessary cold weather gear.  We walk for many hours all day.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When pheasant hunting I carry a 28" shotgun / 12-16 shot birds / 50 rounds of 3" magnum bird shot / all necessary cold weather gear.  We walk for many hours all day.

I have to agree with Harv. What you are describing here is not a combat or shtf loadout. Ditch the shotgun and carry more ammo for your primary and secondary.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to agree with Harv. What you are describing here is not a combat or shtf loadout. Ditch the shotgun and carry more ammo for your primary and secondary.

the ONLY reason i have considered a scabbard is to mate it with a non-erblestock pack.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Just let the guy buy what he wants.  there are reputable companies making them so obviously they serve some purpose.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Wesmerc

Just let the guy buy what he wants. there are reputable companies making them so obviously they serve some purpose.  

I'm pretty sure no one here has the ability to prevent him from buying ANYTHING he wants.. And if some one comes on a discussion board and ask's about one, there most likely will be a discussion.....

I know it looks cool to strap one  on...but these pieces of gear have a very limited application and  targets a very small group of users. If someone asks , there going to get opinions, for or against... don't like it...go spend time somewhere else...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#12]
They are intended to carry a breaching shotgun for very short durations. They may look cool, but they aren't fun when you have to chase someone(or run from someone) and/or hop a wall-My only experience was with 12-14" breaching guns. I also only had 6 extra breaching rounds. I can't fathom carrying an 18" plus barreled shotgun just because this way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top