Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2009 5:29:32 PM EDT
I saw a pic of one in thread with pics, I am trying to find where to get one..

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, I am looking for that exact one...  I like it, I want it....
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]

any idea if that would mount on the side of a raid pack? that scabbard piques my interest...
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

any idea if that would mount on the side of a raid pack? that scabbard piques my interest...

The new one  I received last month is covered in PALS webbing (the picture must be an older version).

LA Police Gear has this scabbard cheap. it's probably imported.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tactical-shotgun-scabbard.html
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#6]
What I'm dieing to know is why would anyone want one of these???

Unless you are a breacher on a team for LE/or Mil that is the only practical use for one.... or is having a pistol gripped shotgun MOLLied to the back of ones gear the new Tacticool fashion....

And that top pic shows a Showroom new Shotgun and gear.....that shit has not seen the light of out door daylight...
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Unless you are a breacher on a team for LE/or Mil that is the only practical use for one.... or is having a pistol gripped shotgun MOLLied to the back of ones gear the new Tacticool fashion....

And that top pic shows a Showroom new Shotgun and gear.....that shit has not seen the light of out door daylight...

yeah I don't get it either....more heavy shit to carry
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah I don't get it either....more heavy shit to carry

ZOMBIES
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#9]
12ga Shotgun = Masterkey

I'm going to have give these guys a call.

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Options, Options, Options.... Who cares, I am interested in it...

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah why does anyone need guns either?  They are heavy, people should just use their cell phone to call the police.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah why does anyone need guns either? They are heavy, people should just use their cell phone to call the police.

Good Idea!!!! I like it! I think I will sell all my guns tomorrow, or wait ill just put em out in the trash tonight....

Link Posted: 6/7/2009 4:22:25 AM EDT
[#13]
You might check out Cheaper than Dirts Shotgun scabbard. It's molle capatible. Looks pretty nice, but I don't own one, so I can't give a honest eval.
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#14]
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
 Good Idea!!!! I like it! I think I will sell all my guns tomorrow  

Based on this thread, that would be a wise move....

Link Posted: 6/7/2009 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#16]
One man's trash is another man's treasure . . . .

Personally, I own the VooDoo Tactical scabbard. I don't put it on my pack, as I don't see the need for that, but I added a shell holder in the MOLLE webbing and then I hang it behind my clothes in the closet. That way I can get to it easily but no one knows it's there. Plus it's really handy to carry for a transport case to head out shooting. I was using it yesterday, actually, when I was out shooting some rabbits - made it easy to get to.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I also found that Voodoo, and it would work, but I am more interested, also, in the one in the original photo.  It would work better with a 12" AOW shorty shotty.  The voodoo would have too much extra size.  The poster of that scabbard wrote in the Pic forum that it is from a company called SKT industries in Seattle, but they dont have a website.  I have google searched the hell out it it, and called info-tel for seattle, as well as checking the seattle yellowpages....no luck.  Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

As for WHY, for the ARFcom Holier-than-thoughs, A shotgun is instrimental in breaching, as well as making a better CQB/entry gun than a pistol.  And, throw a few #8 shells into your survival pouch, and you have the means to kill some small game, unlike shooting a squirrel with a 5.56 or .308, which doesnt leave much meat on the bone to eat.  As for the added weight, it is about the same added weight as mounting a Masterkey, except that that weight is better distributed for carry on your back in a scabbard, than weighing down the front of your barrel.  True, I agree, carrying a 18" shotgun with tube extension, side saddle, surefire light, and full stock would be excessive, but a trimmed down basic 12" with pistol grip is very managable for the beneifts you gain.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Dallmann Todd

As for WHY, for the ARFcom Holier-than-thoughs, A shotgun is instrimental in breaching, as well as making a better CQB/entry gun than a pistol. And, throw a few #8 shells into your survival pouch, and you have the means to kill some small game, unlike shooting a squirrel with a 5.56 or .308, which doesnt leave much meat on the bone to eat. As for the added weight, it is about the same added weight as mounting a Masterkey, except that that weight is better distributed for carry on your back in a scabbard, than weighing down the front of your barrel. True, I agree, carrying a 18" shotgun with tube extension, side saddle, surefire light, and full stock would be excessive, but a trimmed down basic 12" with pistol grip is very managable for the beneifts you gain.  

It sounds good until you actually do it... It's a specialized piece of gear that has a very narrow application window that very few real deal individuals would use....

If anyone seriously contemplates carrying one in this fashion in a SHTF scenarario... Good luck with that....
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dallmann Todd

As for WHY, for the ARFcom Holier-than-thoughs, A shotgun is instrimental in breaching, as well as making a better CQB/entry gun than a pistol. And, throw a few #8 shells into your survival pouch, and you have the means to kill some small game, unlike shooting a squirrel with a 5.56 or .308, which doesnt leave much meat on the bone to eat. As for the added weight, it is about the same added weight as mounting a Masterkey, except that that weight is better distributed for carry on your back in a scabbard, than weighing down the front of your barrel. True, I agree, carrying a 18" shotgun with tube extension, side saddle, surefire light, and full stock would be excessive, but a trimmed down basic 12" with pistol grip is very managable for the beneifts you gain.  

It sounds good until you actually do it... It's a specialized piece of gear that has a very narrow application window that very few real deal individuals would use....

If anyone seriously contemplates carrying one in this fashion in a SHTF scenarario... Good luck with that....

Shotguns have a wide field of use. They are quite versatile actually. I guess you are talking strictly about the 12-14" pistol grip version. That has it's place as well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2009 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#20]
LE6920

Shotguns have a wide field of use. They are quite versatile actually. I guess you are talking strictly about the 12-14" pistol grip version. That has it's place as well.    

That is correct. The Masterkey application which is what these scabbards are intended for revolves around a slick sided ,pistol gripped 12"-14" shotgun using  breaching rounds that are dedicated to that task. Used by entry teams/DA missions conducted by SOFs and Inf Squads doing MOUT.

Not for a 18" shotgun with a full size stock, a light and a sidesaddle......
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
LE6920

That is correct. The Masterkey application which is what these scabbards are intended for revolves around a slick sided ,pistol gripped 12"-14" shotgun using  breaching rounds that are dedicated to that task. Used by entry teams/DA missions conducted by SOFs and Inf Squads doing MOUT.

Not for a 18" shotgun with a full size stock, a light and a sidesaddle......

An 18" shotgun will open a door in a pinch just as well as a 12"-14" shotgun.  I know two good friends who can confrim this first hand.  

Not every mil guy gets handed the newest high speed crap that you see on ARFCOM.  

Link Posted: 6/21/2009 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Dawg180

An 18" shotgun will open a door in a pinch just as well as a 12"-14" shotgun. I know two good friends who can confrim this first hand.

Not every mil guy gets handed the newest high speed crap that you see on ARFCOM.

Really.. no kidding... who'd a thunk ... ya know a 30" barreled Shot gun will also do in a pinch as well...

Not the point...
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a scabbard for all four of my shotguns.  I just leave them in them inside the safe and they dont get dinged up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top