Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/31/2011 7:40:00 AM EDT

see HERE for -2

DSA 30rd FAL mags do not feed on their factory built DSA rifle. It seems like it doesnt want to chamber a round. Switching to 20 rd mags it works fine.

After spending a lot of money and discussion over the phone many times while it was being built I would have to say I have a real nice rifle but they dont seem to have the best quality assurance.

I recommend their rifles but look over everything because QA is lacking.

Lets hope they will make good on returns.

Will keep you up-dated

This isnt meant to bash DSA but just passing on the information to fellow ARFCOMers.

would be nice to hear from a dsa rep
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#1]
So far, you have posted 3 negative threads about DSA.  I agree with the others in the first 2 threads.  Non-issues.  Your last complaint is vague.  How many 30rd mags did you try? Different kinds of ammo? Change gas settings? Was your Fal cleaned and lubed before you tried the 30rd mags?

Maybe you should wait to see what DSA has to say before starting another DSA bashing thread.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So far, you have posted 3 negative threads about DSA.  I agree with the others in the first 2 threads.  Non-issues.  Your last complaint is vague.  How many 30rd mags did you try? Different kinds of ammo? Change gas settings? Was your Fal cleaned and lubed before you tried the 30rd mags?

Maybe you should wait to see what DSA has to say before starting another DSA bashing thread.

I tried 5 30rd mags yesterday and all of them fed maybe 1 or 2 rounds at most. Some wouldnt feed at all. Then when I switched to 20 rd mags feeding wasnt an issue. The gas pressure want an issue either as I increased the the pressure. I also tried it with a suppressor to increase back pressure. Rifle was cleaned and lubed from last time I used it. I was using LC 2004 M80 ammo. With the 20rd mags I fired another 3 mags without any problems.  I also cleaned the mags on the inside as well and tried it.

If you read my post you will see that I stated I'm not bashing them but want my fellow ARFCOMers to know.

Already contacted DSA Rep on arfcom today and emailed them from their web site.
Will keep you posted
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I know they had some issues with the feed lips with prior lots. It sounds very similar.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]
First two are non-issues.  Why post before receiving a reply from DSA?
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Its fun to complain.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

passing on the info and getting input from fellow arfcomers

just not happy with the mags and other issues that are occuring

I think arfcom should know that there are issues that they should know about

some may not know that it doesnt hold a zero if taken off
some may not know that the mags are not working

as far as the mags go thats not my fault they dont work
as far as the extra parts for the rifle they should all work since you paid for it as a complete rifle
the rail .. I can see how it might not hold a zero but its something that people should know about before buying

Link Posted: 10/31/2011 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

because he wants to slam DSA before they have a chance to fix the issue.
as a small business owner, that is a character flaw (of the OP) IMO

businesses have problems manufacturing items at times, at least let them make it right before publishing it online.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 30 rounder from DSA that does the same thing...it doesn't feed from the left side of the mag.  I haven't contacted them about replacing it as of yet, but the OP does have a valid complaint.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree this is a legitimate complaint, but to air the grievances before contacting the company is very poor form.

The other two "issues" simply show ignorance of the weapon.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#10]
what about getting other peoples input first to see if I'm correct before asking for a refund
If I'm doing something wrong with the mags and its my fault then there shouldnt be a need to contact them

as you can see someone else said they had a problem with the mags too. This means that they are defective mags and its not my rifle or me
its the mag
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
what about getting other peoples input first to see if I'm correct before asking for a refund

The first people you should ask are the people who made the product. If I bring home a product that seems defective, I contact the dealer or manufacturer first.  Doesn't matter if  the product is a magazine, toaster or a bulldozer.  Every company puts out a dud once in a while. The difference between the good ones and the bad ones is how they respond to that issue. DSA is a good one.

There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with your defective mag. Immediately going online and authoring a string of threads on a public forum without giving the company a chance to remedy the situation is not the right way.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Even the best of companies can turn out a lemon from time to time. A higher end quality company has a better quality control but shit does happen. I would have contacted the company before ranting. What do you expect from somene who has been on the site since Sept 2011.
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#13]
1.  You have a problem with the mags.

2.  Ensure that not operator error.

3.  If not operator error, call mfr. (in this case a very good company with good CS)

4.  if and only if you do not receive a response or a response that tells you to piss off, then post in internet.

My bet is that a simple call to DSA would have had this fixed.  I hope they see all this crap you have been posting and tell you to go pound sand.  I would.

LD
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I recently got a Para FAL and five, thirty round, DSA magazines. Had a lot of feeding problems. Next range trip I'll be bringing the 20 rounders I know work in my other FAL. I'll also be giving the 30 rounders a second chance after I stripped, cleaned, lightly coated with oil and worked the spring a few times.

I ordered the 30 rounders from AIM back around July 11th. Is there a newer version of these magazines?
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The first people you should ask are the people who made the product. If I bring home a product that seems defective, I contact the dealer or manufacturer first.  Doesn't matter if  the product is a magazine, toaster or a bulldozer.  Every company puts out a dud once in a while. The difference between the good ones and the bad ones is how they respond to that issue. DSA is a good one.

There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with your defective mag. Immediately going online and authoring a string of threads on a public forum without giving the company a chance to remedy the situation is not the right way.

To be honest, if he is having an issue with the product than he should by all means post information about the problem. This is a technical forum isn't it? There isn't a whole lot of information or performance data out there on the 30 rounders and it's good to see feedback on them, even if its bad feedback.

If he wants to give the company an opportunity to remedy the problem, then by all means he can, if he chooses to, post that information as well.

I'll take all the information I can get, good or bad. No one should be shamed into keeping their mouths shut about a problem with a product.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

To be honest, if he is having an issue with the product than he should by all means post information about the problem. This is a technical forum isn't it? There isn't a whole lot of information or performance data out there on the 30 rounders and it's good to see feedback on them, even if its bad feedback.

If he wants to give the company an opportunity to remedy the problem, then by all means he can, if he chooses to, post that information as well.

I'll take all the information I can get, good or bad. No one should be shamed into keeping their mouths shut about a problem with a product.

+1

I called them and there ar some bad ones   I got mine from AIMS too
I think the initial ones that came out might have had problems
I called DSA and they will take them back on their dime and send you only one back to make sure it isn't the rifle
then they will send the rest is what they told me
I told them my rifles are DSA built rifles and 20 rd mags work in it without any problems
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#17]
My converted L4 Bren mag works fine in my rifle, but if DSA's metric 30-rounders are confirmed to work, then I'll have to try them out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:This is a technical forum isn't it?

Yes and no.  It's supposed to be a tech forum, but it's a ridicule the outsider forum when the clique decides to do so.  Shame goes a long way in this forum...don't forget it.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

To be honest, I think the issue people have is more with the way in which he's presenting the information. Rather than post up a thread titled "Feeding issues with DSA 30 round mags" or similar, he titled it "-3 for DSA", implying that he had some sort of bad experience with the company. In doing so, it looks more like he is complaining about the company, rather than bringing up and issue with a product, despite his disclaimer of "I'm not bashing DSA" at the end of his post. At least, that is how I interpreted it when I opened the thread.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#20]
....just take the information, and move on!    You'd think that this guy just insulted your mother, or something!  GET A LIFE!
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I recently got a Para FAL and five, thirty round, DSA magazines. Had a lot of feeding problems. Next range trip I'll be bringing the 20 rounders I know work in my other FAL. I'll also be giving the 30 rounders a second chance after I stripped, cleaned, lightly coated with oil and worked the spring a few times.

I ordered the 30 rounders from AIM back around July 11th. Is there a newer version of these magazines?

I finally got back out with my 30 rounders. I polished the feed lips lightly with a file in addition to the above. Most my feed issues are gone, they did run a lot better, but now I'm down to a single issue that's happened with each mag usually near the last few rounds on the magazine. It's a jam with the next cartridge only being fed half way into the chamber and bound up into the feed lips, and getting gouged up on the way in on top of the cartridge. I'm thinking the bolt is gouging it. I took 3 Israeli 20 rounders with me and did not have this issue in 60 rounds I ran with them, I had 6 or 7 jams with the 5 30 rounders (150 rounds). Next time, after I get more ammo, I'll increase the gas a click or two and see if that helps with the issue. I may polish them up a bit more. I'm also thinking at this point of writing them off, I don't trust them and it gets expensive to test them.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

because he wants to slam DSA before they have a chance to fix the issue.
as a small business owner, that is a character flaw (of the OP) IMO

businesses have problems manufacturing items at times, at least let them make it right before publishing it online.

More of the same from this OP...then couching his immature handling of the situation as some kind of public service to "fellow arfcommers."
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Can the sycophants back off the OP? If he has problems with the mag, he should be posting it. That's what forums are for. If not for a solution, then for other people to be aware. If DSA makes it right, great. But if there are problems, people should know. I certainly would want to know if there are issues before buying these mags, whether DSA can fix them or not.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can the sycophants back off the OP? If he has problems with the mag, he should be posting it. That's what forums are for. If not for a solution, then for other people to be aware. If DSA makes it right, great. But if there are problems, people should know. I certainly would want to know if there are issues before buying these mags, whether DSA can fix them or not.

Forums are forums featuring wide-ranging opinions - you added yours, don't begrudge others.  BTW, you might want to look up the meaning of "sycophant" and consider your usage of the word, as no one you are asking to "back off the OP" is flattering him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forums are forums featuring wide-ranging opinions - you added yours, don't begrudge others.  BTW, you might want to look up the meaning of "sycophant" and consider your usage of the word, as no one you are asking to "back off the OP" is flattering him.

He means those who are sycophants to DSA.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

called DSA and they wont refund me the money or changout the mags
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:12:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What was the reason for not swapping the mags out?

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#28]
they said because I got it from AIMS   I guess they dont back up their products if they arent purchased from them
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Does aim get a -1 now instead of DSA
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
they said because I got it from AIMS   I guess they dont back up their products if they arent purchased from them

Sounds like a piss poor reason not to exchange the mags. If you buy a stg-58 from aim will DSA not fix a problem with it?

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a piss poor reason not to exchange the mags. If you buy a stg-58 from aim will DSA not fix a problem with it?

exactly.. my guess is that they will not

if they dont back their product .. I'm assuming it doesnt matter what product
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They screwed over a lot of people with their 20 rd mags, no surprise they are doing it again.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
....just take the information, and move on!    You'd think that this guy just insulted your mother, or something!  GET A LIFE!

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They screwed over a lot of people with their 20 rd mags, no surprise they are doing it again.

They must have fixed the problem with their twenty rounders. The 8 I now have work 100%. I have a thirty round mag on the way from AIM. I will report my findings. M32A2, have you called AIM about the problem? They might help you. They are a great dealer to work with. Nothing to lose in asking.

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They must have fixed the problem with their twenty rounders. The 8 I now have work 100%. I have a thirty round mag on the way from AIM. I will report my findings. M32A2, have you called AIM about the problem? They might help you. They are a great dealer to work with. Nothing to lose in asking.

yes and they said you have 1 month before you can not return it and that it has to go back to the factory
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I've ordered a lot of parts from DSA over the last couple of years, and hardly any of it was without problems.

Receiver threads need to be chased, HTS had a lot of burrs and had a trigger pull like it was full of sand, top covers were so bad they had to be filed to fit on their receivers, furniture sets were all beat to shit and had gouges from where the burrs were trimmed.

The lower and para stock look fine, but I haven't built on it yet.

None of the stuff is really a major problem, as it's easier for me to fix than to deal with sending any of it back (and I hate dealing with those people on the phone), but for their prices I would expect a little better.

I'm just glad they're still making FAL parts for us, though.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've ordered a lot of parts from DSA over the last couple of years, and hardly any of it was without problems.
Receiver threads need to be chased, HTS had a lot of burrs and had a trigger pull like it was full of sand, top covers were so bad they had to be filed to fit on their receivers, furniture sets were all beat to shit and had gouges from where the burrs were trimmed.
The lower and para stock look fine, but I haven't built on it yet.

None of the stuff is really a major problem, as it's easier for me to fix than to deal with sending any of it back (and I hate dealing with those people on the phone), but for their prices I would expect a little better.

I'm just glad they're still making FAL parts for us, though.

good point but they should stand behind their products
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#39]
....only took 2 months of bad-mouthing to get thier attention?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I would like to very much know to whom you spoke with in my office that told you we would not exchange or refund you for the magazines.

Any DSA product that is purchased from us or ANY vendor should be free of any manufacturing defects.  Should any problem be had with our products we will always be more than happy to resolve the issue.

If you have concerns about how anything with our company has been handled please feel free to email me directly

[email protected]

Mike Fowler
Sales Manager
DS Arms Inc.

Thanks, Mike

spoke to a female there who I believe said she was new. when I asked her about it she spoke to someone else off the phone who told her they would not refund or exchange the mags because I got them from AIMS

any how I tested the only one of 10 that worked this week end and it ran well ... I guess 250 bucks for on 30rd dsa mag that works is worth it
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I got 5 of the DSA 20 round mags from AIM. They didn't feed well either, very sharp and rough lips. I figure since I'll need to file on the feed lips anyway, I might as well cut a hole in the side and turn them into scar mags.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I will be sure to bring this issue to the attention of the office staff first thing in the morning.  In addition, I would be more than happy to exchange your magazines or refund you.  Please feel free to IM or email me at the previously provided email address to resolve this in the best possible way for you.

Thanks, Mike

to late.... I got rid of them at a big loss because your office told me they wouldnt take them back
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:56:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will be sure to bring this issue to the attention of the office staff first thing in the morning.  In addition, I would be more than happy to exchange your magazines or refund you.  Please feel free to IM or email me at the previously provided email address to resolve this in the best possible way for you.

Thanks, Mike

to late.... I got rid of them at a big loss because your office told me they wouldnt take them back

How many times have you been banned from this website for EE violations and troll accounts?  10, 20?  I actually quit counting.

I wouldn't take the word of "M35A2Driver" if you paid me to.

Shit just got real...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, Mike

How many times have you been banned from this website for EE violations and troll accounts?  10, 20?  I actually quit counting.

And there you have it - M35A2Driver called out for what he is.  What is not as easily repairable, unfortunately, is the damage done to a business's reputation by assinine trolls like M35A2Driver.  Good on DSA/Mike for their professional courtesy and participation in this forum.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, Mike

And there you have it - M35A2Driver called out for what he is.  What is not as easily repairable, unfortunately, is the damage done to a business's reputation by assinine trolls like M35A2Driver.  Good on DSA/Mike for their professional courtesy and participation in this forum.

Well, the 30 rounders do have issues, or at least they did. I haven't looked at any of the newer ones and probably won't pick them up. I'm sitting on 5 that I'm going to attempt to polish up the feed lips a little more, but I won't rely on them like I would surplus.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm suprised that it took 2 months for "Mike" to get involved in this issue.  I would think that DSA would be paying some amount af attention to the FAL boards, especially when it comes to thier customers AND thier products.  I wouldn't go as far as some people have gone, to badmouth DSA, but they have disappointed me more times than not, especially in promised delivery times, and occasionally with quality issues.  But, with them being the only game in town, I guess I'll continue to roll the dice.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#50]

I keep looking into my issue with the 30 rounders and now I got a question for anyone who has had feed issues with them (specifically bolt running over the cartridge being fed into the chamber). What kind of play, if any, are you getting on the rear of the magazine when seated into the rifle. I'm noticing some play (1/16th at worst I think), and on another forum a member suggested building up the catch on the magazine with jb weld to eliminate play and tighten the magazine up in the well to correct the bolt running over the round to be chambered. I notice my surplus magazines are locking in a bit tighter than the 30's.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top