Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:00:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know i still think its pretty cool Mike came on to offer a replacement. Even if its been 2 months. They could have just said go to hell or never said anything at all. But hey thats just me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will be sure to bring this issue to the attention of the office staff first thing in the morning.  In addition, I would be more than happy to exchange your magazines or refund you.  Please feel free to IM or email me at the previously provided email address to resolve this in the best possible way for you.

Thanks, Mike

to late.... I got rid of them at a big loss because your office told me they wouldnt take them back

How many times have you been banned from this website for EE violations and troll accounts?  10, 20?  I actually quit counting.

I wouldn't take the word of "M35A2Driver" if you paid me to.

Oh snap!

Well, I guess that settles the issue then. I can not take the word of an already confirmed fibber that his DSA product is junk. My DSA is running great and my DSA 20 rnd mags as well. This guys threads had me worried a bit. Why OH why do we have people like him screwing with others heads over crap like this?
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
what about getting other peoples input first to see if I'm correct before asking for a refund

The first people you should ask are the people who made the product. If I bring home a product that seems defective, I contact the dealer or manufacturer first.  Doesn't matter if  the product is a magazine, toaster or a bulldozer.  Every company puts out a dud once in a while. The difference between the good ones and the bad ones is how they respond to that issue. DSA is a good one.

There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with your defective mag. Immediately going online and authoring a string of threads on a public forum without giving the company a chance to remedy the situation is not the right way.

I think you should stuff a sock in it. The product should be right and work properly upon delivery or they should not be selling it.  He said he tried 5 mags and yet you try to subtly obscure it and belittle him by referring to "a bad mag". Others have had issues too. It makes me sick how this forum has been overrun and dominated by gun industry vendors - and you'll stop at nothing to silence those exposing your substandard products. The whole "you should contact them and remain silent about it" is YOUR rule and anyone besides YOU is free to post as they fucking please.
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Their quality is really slipping. If you order anything from them, plan on having to send it back, and be prepared to get another part that's just as bad.

I've bought multiples of the same product that weren't even close to the same specs.

A DSA selector that wouldn't fit in a DSA receiver. DSA topcovers that wouldn't fit in DSA receivers and wouldn't allow DSA bolt carriers to travel.
Their built rifles are probably fine, but any parts are going to need a lot of hand fitting. Probably why their rifles are so expensive

Link Posted: 1/21/2012 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess m32driver seemed familiar....

I could've sworn there was a M32driver with an avatar of a M32, but the join date had me puzzled
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#6]

After breaking in the barrels and tuning the gas per DSA's instructions, lubing, cleaning, and 500+ rounds, I am having the same feed problems on two new DSA FAL Spartans firing both Prvi Partizan and Black Hills in most or all of the two dozen 20 rnd mags from DSA.  Failure to feed on nearly every magazine with the bolt running over the following round and putting a big gash in the brass best describes what is happening.  I did not have the issue with a DSA SPR and the 20 rnd mags.  

Mike had me send the Spartans back to Barrington with a couple of the mags.  He had their gunsmith re-work each rifle, at no cost, but no change to the mags.  

I will give a range report with both the 20 and some new DSA 30 rnd mags as soon as possible.  

It sounds like it may be a rifle issue, rather than a mag issue.  Has anyone else experienced this problem with new DSA FALs?
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

After breaking in the barrels and tuning the gas per DSA's instructions, lubing, cleaning, and 500+ rounds, I am having the same feed problems on two new DSA FAL Spartans firing both Prvi Partizan and Black Hills in most or all of the two dozen 20 rnd mags from DSA.  Failure to feed on nearly every magazine with the bolt running over the following round and putting a big gash in the brass best describes what is happening.  I did not have the issue with a DSA SPR and the 20 rnd mags.  

Mike had me send the Spartans back to Barrington with a couple of the mags.  He had their gunsmith re-work each rifle, at no cost, but no change to the mags.  

I will give a range report with both the 20 and some new DSA 30 rnd mags as soon as possible.  

It sounds like it may be a rifle issue, rather than a mag issue.  Has anyone else experienced this problem with new DSA FALs?

Yeah its a new rifle I'm experiencing issues with the 30 round magazines. I've fed a few surplus 20 rounders and no issue yet, but I've put twice as many rounds through the 30's with feeding issues as you described with every magazine. I haven't had the time or spare ammo to run more in the surplus mags. Gun show next month I might pick up a few hundred rounds and get the rifle back out and I'll see what happens.

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sorry for taking so long to report back on this topic.  I did get the Spartans back from DSA, and can now report that the feed problem seems to have been fixed when using the 20 round mags.  Thanks, Mike!

I am experiencing stoppages on the new 30 round mags, but I honestly have not given these new mags the cleaning, oiling, and breaking-in that they probably need.  I will keep working on that...tomorrow.  it sure does take a solid tap to get them to seat fully when they are new.  

One thing is for certain. Thirty rounds of .308 sure does satisfy the need to throw lead.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#10]
DSA made mags have problems and that's a fact that's been known since the first generation DSA 20rnd. mags came out. There is a few professional reviews over at the FAL Files about the problems with the first 20 rounders and the new 20 rounders. The review is by a man that probably knows more about the rifle than most posting here.

Instead of attacking the O.P. why not do some research instead. I own several " EARLY "  DSA FAL's and bought many parts from them but over the last few years they've had many reports of bad parts and poor customer service. In DSA's defense i've had nothing but good parts, rifles and service from them but like i said that was back in the day. Also in their defense the FAL mag is not a simple thing to produce so it might take them a few tries to get a mag that runs as flawless as the Belgian, Steyr, Imbel, Israeli mags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top