Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 10:24:01 PM EDT
I've heard that there is supposed to be an American company produceing the AUG here in the US. Does anyone know anything about this?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
DSA
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Forget the AUG! When are they going to make an American MP5!

And NO, Speshul Wepunz DOESN'T count!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Forget the AUG! When are they going to make an American MP5!

And NO, Speshul Wepunz DOESN'T count!

ORF already does.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I emailed DSA about their AUG production, I wanted to know when and how much…haven’t gotten a response and I’m not sure I will, but if I do I will post it here.

The ban is over and I’m still waiting on my plethora of new civilian firearms; p90, xm8, FN f2000, UMP, all them kind of guns.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I emailed DSA about their AUG production, I wanted to know when and how much…haven’t gotten a response and I’m not sure I will, but if I do I will post it here.

The ban is over and I’m still waiting on my plethora of new civilian firearms; p90, xm8, FN f2000, UMP, all them kind of guns.

I emailed them as well, and got a reply. They said they are ironing out patent/legal issues and fully intend to release a DSA AUG in the near future. I didn't get the impression that would be any time real soon....but they are very serious about it, and they fully intend on making the weapon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I got that email back, now I wont dispute what any one else has herd, but...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: AUG production?
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:55:48 -0500  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello and thanks for your email.  We have no plans to produce an AUG at this
time. Thanks
DSA

hock.gifhis

But if there is a demand, and some one w/ balls enough to sale to the civilian market, it will happen.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Too bad.  I just bought an A2 Aug but would have loved a domestic made shooter.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#8]
i think a dildo factory in LA is making the stocks for the AUG and the barrel is secretly a 21 inch long man-dong
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i think a dildo factory in LA is making the stocks for the AUG and the barrel is secretly a 21 inch long man-dong

umm..k???  WTF?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]
All I can tell you is that I emailed them, maybe a month ago, and posted it in General Discussion. I was told that they will be producing a DSA AUG.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Heckler Koch said they are not going to make any rifles for U.S. citizens
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Why couldn't these be made durring the ban?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why couldn't these be made durring the ban?

The Aug could have been made, but until the bastardized USR was banned, it didn't sell all that well...meaning, tooling up to make a gun that many didn't want wouldn't have been great business sense. Now that a real AUG can be made, there is a lot of interest. What we really need is an American made FAMAS...lol...don't hold your breath.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top