Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
9/16/2019 10:09:13 PM
Posted: 3/25/2009 6:29:13 PM EDT
Been offered a Dogfather, but it doesn't have the Scrapyard imprint on it. It looks to have this finish, which is their Dumpster Mutt from the site:

Any way to know for sure?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:19:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2009 1:39:35 PM EDT by jbombelli]
A lot of them don't have the imprint. I haven't heard of anybody counterfeiting SY knives, but you could always check with the guys on the Scrapyard forum if you'd like.

the Dogfather is one hell of a Chopper!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2009 1:39:41 PM EDT by jbombelli]
sheesh... edited because I'm a dumbass that quotes his own post instead of editing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:37:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jbombelli:
A lot of them don't have the imprint. I haven't heard of anybodycounterfeiting SY knives, but you could always check with the guys onthe Scrapyard forum if you'd like.

the Dogfather is one hell of a Chopper!

Indeed it is! And it seems to be okay - short of some sort of destructive testing, it's hard to say...I guess I'll see what the forum guys might say about it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:42:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 1:43:08 PM EDT by phideaux]
it should hold up as well as a Busse or Swamp Rat. you might be able to google their destructive tests. the Busse choppin through a cinder block is pretty impressive
i have a Swamp Rat Battle Rat and love it. I know lots of Swamp Rat knives don't have logs, but i'd check on their forum to be sure.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:22:20 PM EDT
I should also add to my above comments... I have a Yard Guard, and it does not have the logo, either. Personally, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

One thing, though... there was a run of Dogfathers (early on) that had a flaw in the steel from the manufacturer (not Scrapyard... the steel manufacturer). There were air bubbles in the steel. It wasn't Scrapyard's fault; they had no way of knowing. But if you wind up with one, and you're chopping, and a big chip comes out of it, let them know and they'll do you right.
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top