Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/13/2002 5:34:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2002 5:35:48 PM EST by cluster]
Well, I will never be sure unless I ask.
If a Pay<tax> for and make a SBR, Keep it for a while get bored , can It then be sold as a regular weapon with the proper lenth barrel? or is it now a SBR from now untill the ATF / UN comes kicking down my door and then has the weapon torched in a public ceromony?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:31:18 PM EST
After paying the $200 tax why would anyone want to sell it as a standard rifle? I think once you register the reciever as an SBR it stays that way.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:53:00 AM EST
All you need to do is write a letter to the ATF and ask them to remove the SBR status from the weapon and it can be sold to anyone as a regular rifle. They do keep the $200 however.

Also, if you apply to make a rifle with a 10" bbl and later decide to change it to 7", all you need to do is write a letter to update the SBR status. No new tax!

Top Top