Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 6:34:49 PM EDT
Well, I will never be sure unless I ask.
If a Pay<tax> for and make a SBR, Keep it for a while get bored , can It then be sold as a regular weapon with the proper lenth barrel? or is it now a SBR from now untill the ATF / UN comes kicking down my door and then has the weapon torched in a public ceromony?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
After paying the $200 tax why would anyone want to sell it as a standard rifle? I think once you register the reciever as an SBR it stays that way.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]
All you need to do is write a letter to the ATF and ask them to remove the SBR status from the weapon and it can be sold to anyone as a regular rifle.  They do keep the $200 however.  

Also, if you apply to make a rifle with a 10" bbl and later decide to change it to 7", all you need to do is write a letter to update the SBR status.  No new tax!

Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top