Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 12:00:29 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Remington Model 5 bolt action rifle?  

Cabelas has them on sale this Saturday morning at $189.  That's a pretty good price for a potential silencer host, and it might make a decent all-around rifle anyway.  

Any experience on quality, accuracy, etc?  Does it have provisions to mount a scope?  Any other comments?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, and yes it can be scoped. Another poster was asking about them the other day. I have a 4-12X50MM Bushnell on mine, as well as a bipod. Dime sized groups at 50-70 yards are easy with the setup, and with a 50 yard zero it will still shoot point of aim at 100 yards if you switch ammo to CCI Stingers. Not as small of groups at 100, but a friend and I both shot 10 shot groups at 100 to see what we could do. The groups were both small enough that all 20 would be a fatal hit on a rabbit. For the $189 Cabelas is asking in the 4 hour sale it's a great rifle. I saw one last weekend at a local gunshow for $230 and thought that was a good deal. Scope base is an integral tipoff goove. Also has two cross slots like a Weaver base so there might be a different type of rings that fits as well. With the 50MM scope the cheap walmart($6,97 or so) rings are still too low  even with the rear sight removed. Ended up getting a set of see thru rings and still had to fold the rear leaf. The trigger is a bit heavy on mine but someone in the other thread said they're adjustable, just haven't gotten around to taking the rifle apart to try.

Edit-here's a link to the other thread
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=290947
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top