Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 11:38:26 AM EDT
Ordered the PTR-91 TF through Sarco for $713.00 shipped.
Talked with the Sarco rep twice to confirm it was what I wanted.
Since the Tropical Green furniture is German, No problems using a retractable stock. (Parts count)
No excessive play with the mags, everything looks good and fuctions fine.
Can't wait to get out and shoot it!!

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good, enjoy it
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, that's a nice price, I paid 863.00 after tax for my standard. Since I put JLD's railed forearm on it, a Tapco T6 HK91 stock, and Falcon Navy grip I've over 1200 in it with the mags.
Yeh, that's a bit more, but worth it.
Congrat's on you new rifle. It's a sweet one.hat
Magpul stock

http://www.aceltdusa.com/images04/adapters/RA24%20%20(HK91RB).jpg

Ace
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
...snip... No problems using a retractable stock. (Parts count)
No excessive play with the mags, everything looks good and fuctions fine.
...snip...

Nice looking weapon. I have a US made collapsible stock for sale if interested.

M4 stock off of a PTR91
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, but I have one of the Centerfire G3 retractable stocks, I'm thinking about putting on.
That's why I went with the TF. Since the furniture is German, there should be no problem
with the US parts count if I decide to use the G3 stock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If you decide to sell your green furniture, shoot me an im. Great looking rifle
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats.  I bought a PTR91 from Sarco about a month ago and am very happy with it.  Best price around (at least that I could find).  Of course since getting it, I've already sent the trigger pack to Williams trigger for some work.  (Trigger is now down to a 4# pull).  And I put a IOR 6X scope on it.  (I'm an old guy and my eyes aren't what they used to be).  Went to the range this weekend and shooting prone was able to produce a bunch of nice really tight groups.  Not quite as accurate as my AR10, but pretty damn close.:)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not seeing the Magpul for the HK91?  cool stock.....though

adapter route with various stocks or for more money, a nice Magpul precision stock.

Magpul stock

www.aceltdusa.com/images04/adapters/RA24%20%20(HK91RB).jpg

Ace

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I am interested in the trigger pull, along with groups you can get at 100.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

adapter route with various stocks or for more money, a nice Magpul precision stock.

Magpul stock

Ace

Ace makes the adapter for it that's in the picture and then you need their "pignose" adapter a little farther down their adapter page. The Magpul precision stock is designed as a drop for the A1/A2 but should still mate up as the connect is basically the same but it is a semi-large investment to do and each person of course needs to spend there own money wisely. Having not done it yet myself the only thing I look at is the lower recess of the Magpul Precision were it mates and how it will look. Ace does customize parts to match and in this case if were to go this route myself I think I will talk to them about a perfect matching adapter setup for the Magpul stock. With the choices of stocks these days for the HK91/G3 styles rifles being less and less it seems, and the need to keep your parts count in check for the ATF there aren't alot of choices. Maybe someone will change that. The Ace adapter route isn't traditional in look, but functionality is more important to me, and why I thought I'd mention it for another choice someone could go. I'm using the Tapco T6 on mine now, but seriously considering the Magpul/Ace route if I decide to setup my PTR for longer range shooting with a longer range scope.  

Here is a nice setup I've always liked that is similar to the way I'm setting up mine, I just need a new mount for it now and Larue and Aimpoint M3 to top it off.

http://carlos.excaliba.de/DMR/G3_DMR_3.jpg

Ace adapter setup  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Magpul stock

Ace

Ace makes the adapter for it that's in the picture and then you need their "pignose" adapter a little farther down their adapter page. The Magpul precision stock is designed as a drop for the A1/A2 but should still mate up as the connect is basically the same but it is a semi-large investment to do and each person of course needs to spend there own money wisely. Having not done it yet myself the only thing I look at is the lower recess of the Magpul Precision were it mates and how it will look. Ace does customize parts to match and in this case if were to go this route myself I think I will talk to them about a perfect matching adapter setup for the Magpul stock. With the choices of stocks these days for the HK91/G3 styles rifles being less and less it seems, and the need to keep your parts count in check for the ATF there aren't alot of choices. Maybe someone will change that. The Ace adapter route isn't traditional in look, but functionality is more important to me, and why I thought I'd mention it for another choice someone could go. I'm using the Tapco T6 on mine now, but seriously considering the Magpul/Ace route if I decide to setup my PTR for longer range shooting with a longer range scope.  

Here is a nice setup I've always liked that is similar to the way I'm setting up mine, I just need a new mount for it now and Larue and Aimpoint M3 to top it off.

carlos.excaliba.de/DMR/G3_DMR_3.jpg

Ace adapter setup  

Very interesting set-up.  Since you mention functionality as being critical, you might want to consider the new SEI HK Vortex flash suppressor.  I just got mine for an AK and love it.   Am considering a PTR-91 and doing something similar to the weapon above.  The Vortex would be most appropriate on a modernized G-3.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top