Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 12/31/2015 3:09:25 PM EDT
Looking into the PWS mk110 and/or the BCM 11.5 upper. Any experience with them? I am looking to eventually suppress it. Rifle intended for classes, HD, SHTF, basically everything except long distance marksmanship.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:56:16 PM EDT
I'm not a believer in piston ar's just not convinced they add reliability.  

BCM 11.5" Both my brothers have them  
One of them took 200 rnds to become reliable we think it had a bur / shaving in the gas port after that it never missed a beat.
They both run whatever you feed them. From tap to steel case.
I've only seen two other 11.5" bcm's they both ran flawless as well.
I cant recall ever ever seeing anyone complain about a bcm 11.5 not running.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:38:27 PM EDT
BCM. or Daniel Defense.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:26:04 PM EDT
PWS if you're going to be using a can.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:33:15 PM EDT
I have two PWS short uppers that I'm happy with.  

One is 12.75" on a DD lower and the other is a 10.75" on an LWRC IC lower.  The only reason I would go back to a standard upper would be for a precision build or pure cost savings on a cheap build.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:39:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KevDHernandez:
Looking into the PWS mk110 and/or the BCM 11.5 upper. Any experience with them? I am looking to eventually suppress it. Rifle intended for classes, HD, SHTF, basically everything except long distance marksmanship.

Thanks
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_126/686100_My_PWS_MK110_Mod1___.html
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:07:23 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FIELD_MP:

One is 12.75" on a DD lower and the other is a 10.75" on an LWRC IC lower.  The only reason I would go back to a standard upper would be for a precision build or pure cost savings on a cheap build.
View Quote

Do you have any experience using a suppressor on the mk112?  Do you know if a SilencerCo ASR mount will work?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:51:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CAR_16:

Do you have any experience using a suppressor on the mk112?  Do you know if a SilencerCo ASR mount will work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CAR_16:
Originally Posted By FIELD_MP:

I have a Saker with the MAAD mount/trifecta flash hider, but I've only used it on the mk110, which has been a great combo.  It has room to lock up, but just barely.  I don't have any experience with the ASR, but as far as suppressing the mk112 it should be the same as with the mk110.
Top Top