Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2015 3:09:25 PM EDT
Looking into the PWS mk110 and/or the BCM 11.5 upper. Any experience with them? I am looking to eventually suppress it. Rifle intended for classes, HD, SHTF, basically everything except long distance marksmanship.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a believer in piston ar's just not convinced they add reliability.  

BCM 11.5" Both my brothers have them  
One of them took 200 rnds to become reliable we think it had a bur / shaving in the gas port after that it never missed a beat.
They both run whatever you feed them. From tap to steel case.
I've only seen two other 11.5" bcm's they both ran flawless as well.
I cant recall ever ever seeing anyone complain about a bcm 11.5 not running.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#2]
BCM. or Daniel Defense.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
PWS if you're going to be using a can.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two PWS short uppers that I'm happy with.  

One is 12.75" on a DD lower and the other is a 10.75" on an LWRC IC lower.  The only reason I would go back to a standard upper would be for a precision build or pure cost savings on a cheap build.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looking into the PWS mk110 and/or the BCM 11.5 upper. Any experience with them? I am looking to eventually suppress it. Rifle intended for classes, HD, SHTF, basically everything except long distance marksmanship.

Thanks
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_126/686100_My_PWS_MK110_Mod1___.html
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One is 12.75" on a DD lower and the other is a 10.75" on an LWRC IC lower.  The only reason I would go back to a standard upper would be for a precision build or pure cost savings on a cheap build.
View Quote

Do you have any experience using a suppressor on the mk112?  Do you know if a SilencerCo ASR mount will work?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:51:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you have any experience using a suppressor on the mk112?  Do you know if a SilencerCo ASR mount will work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Saker with the MAAD mount/trifecta flash hider, but I've only used it on the mk110, which has been a great combo.  It has room to lock up, but just barely.  I don't have any experience with the ASR, but as far as suppressing the mk112 it should be the same as with the mk110.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top