Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/4/2002 5:37:05 PM EST
Can you use the standard side sling adapter with the PRI flip-up front sight base?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:56:42 AM EST
I have a RAS and I use a KAC side sling mount, which bolt directly to the side rail of the RAS. it works great.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:23:31 AM EST
Ah, yes...perhaps I was not clear...I am refering to the PRI flip-up front sight base, which replaces the standard sight base. There is no built-in sling swivel on the PRI, like there is on the standard unit; the 'side sling adapter' I mentioned is the one the military issues with the M-4 and which clamps around the barrel, passing through the front sight base.
So, what I want to know, from those PRI users out there, is there enough space between the barrel and the base for the adaptor to work; or do you just carry the gun around by hand SAS-mode?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:56:07 PM EST
Beuller...Beuller...anyone...anyone?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:51:11 PM EST
Btt...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:16:12 PM EST
I have two of those front sight, one is on my Colt M4 upper with ARMS SIR-M, which has a sling adaptor. The other PRI is mounted to a 18inch SPR with PRI Gen2 tube with a ARMS SPR SWAM sleeve and it has a KAS side sling adaptor.

I guess I did not make my previous clear enough. Mount you sling to your handguard, there is nothing that will work with the PRI front sight.
Top Top