Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2002 6:37:05 PM EDT
Can you use the standard side sling adapter with the PRI flip-up front sight base?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a RAS and I use a KAC side sling mount, which bolt directly to the side rail of the RAS.  it works great.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah, yes...perhaps I was not clear...I am refering to the PRI flip-up front sight base, which replaces the standard sight base. There is no built-in sling swivel on the PRI, like there is on the standard unit; the 'side sling adapter' I mentioned is the one the military issues with the M-4 and which clamps around the barrel, passing through the front sight base.
So, what I want to know, from those PRI users out there, is there enough space between the barrel and the base for the adaptor to work; or do you just carry the gun around by hand SAS-mode?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Beuller...Beuller...anyone...anyone?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Btt...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two of those front sight, one is on my Colt M4 upper with ARMS SIR-M, which has a sling adaptor.  The other PRI is mounted to a 18inch SPR with PRI Gen2 tube with a ARMS SPR SWAM sleeve and it has a KAS side sling adaptor.  

I guess I did not make my previous clear enough.  Mount you sling to your handguard, there is nothing that will work with the PRI front sight.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top