Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/19/2007 3:59:17 PM EDT
Ok, I just got back my form 1 signed off by my CLEO today for an SBR. He also decides to hand me a piece of paper allowing me to own a machine gun in our county (this paper is a NC state paper and has nothing to do with the ATF). I explained to him that I wasn't going to apply make a machine gun, and he said "well, i'm going to go ahead and give you the paper anyway in case you decide later you want to go automatic."

Here is my question, my Form 1 has SBR on it. If I also wanted this SBR to be automatic, do I have to submit another form 1, or form 4? Or can the form 1 I got back today from my CLEO be used to register SBR AND machine gun status?

If this sounds confusing I'm sorry. Let me know if I need to clarify.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:00:56 PM EDT
not gonna happen.

Your RDIAS will be on a separate form 4. You can't convert your AR directly, unless you have a time machine. May 19, 1986...
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2007 4:03:47 PM EDT by Gloftoe]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:04:25 PM EDT

"well, i'm going to go ahead and give you the paper anyway in case you decide later you want to go automatic."

I can see it now , coming over to shoot up all your ammo he is !!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:08:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2007 4:23:57 PM EDT by Kill4Thrills]
Originally Posted By Gloftoe:

Edit: I have this same basic setup. I SBR'd a lower, and my RDIAS is currently in it. Now, I can take my RDIAS out of my SBR, and the upper that's on it (11.5") doesn't have to come off, because the lower is still a SBR.

So you'll have a Form 1 for your SBR lower, and a Form 4 for your RDIAS.

That just answered my question. So once I've got my SBR approved, then I can submit a form 4 to register an DIAS...yes?

So should I wait to submit my form 4 till after I get the SBR form 1 approved first?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:36:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2007 5:37:27 PM EDT by orangelo]
No after your Form 1 gets approved you can pay $13,000 for a DIAS that was registered before May 1986 and have it transfered to you on a Form 4.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:40:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:59:23 PM EDT
ok. Thanks.
Top Top