Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2007 3:59:17 PM EDT
Ok, I just got back my form 1 signed off by my CLEO today for an SBR. He also decides to hand me a piece of paper allowing me to own a machine gun in our county (this paper is a NC state paper and has nothing to do with the ATF). I explained to him that I wasn't going to apply make a machine gun, and he said "well, i'm going to go ahead and give you the paper anyway in case you decide later you want to go automatic."

Here is my question, my Form 1 has SBR on it. If I also wanted this SBR to be automatic, do I have to submit another form 1, or form 4? Or can the form 1 I got back today from my CLEO be used to register SBR AND machine gun status?

If this sounds confusing I'm sorry. Let me know if I need to clarify.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
not gonna happen.

Your RDIAS will be on a separate form 4. You can't convert your AR directly, unless you have a time machine. May 19, 1986...
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]

"well, i'm going to go ahead and give you the paper anyway in case you decide later you want to go automatic."

I can see it now , coming over to shoot up all your ammo he is !!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:

Edit:  I have this same basic setup.  I SBR'd a lower, and my RDIAS is currently in it.  Now, I can take my RDIAS out of my SBR, and the upper that's on it (11.5") doesn't have to come off, because the lower is still a SBR.

So you'll have a Form 1 for your SBR lower, and a Form 4 for your RDIAS.

That just answered my question. So once I've got my SBR approved, then I can submit a form 4 to register an DIAS...yes?

So should I wait to submit my form 4 till after I get the SBR form 1 approved first?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
No after your Form 1 gets approved you can pay $13,000 for a DIAS that was registered before May 1986 and have it transfered to you on a Form 4.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]
ok. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top