Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/6/2002 1:29:28 PM EDT

I'm thinking about finally buying a Colt SP-1 (the type my wife talked me out of buying in the early 1980s). I carried the M16A1 while I was in the U.S. Army, up until 1982.

I know the SP-1 does not have the forward assist, but is basically similar to the A1, albeit its only semi. Have regretted not buying it when I had the chance. I'm thinking they were $600 or so then (oh, the good ol days!).

I have a SAR2 aka AK-74 that I enjoy shooting, so I think I would look for a NIB SP-1 and just sit on it as an investment, if I can withstand the temptation. Where do you all recommend I start looking. Have visited Gunsamerica, and they seem to have the selection. Having missed my chance in the early 80s, I don't want to screw up now that the prices are so high. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:01:14 PM EDT
NIB guns are high,and life is short. Buy a shooter and enjoy. Just remember when it comes to the little woman: It's easer to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:14:25 PM EDT
Go to the Equipment Exchange here on our site.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:05:16 AM EDT
Having thought it over, I think I'll find a shooter!! Still sticking to the SP-1. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:12:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bully:
Just remember when it comes to the little woman: It's easer to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Beautifully said. "Well played, Sir," as my Brothers would say.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:33:35 PM EDT

""Originally Posted By bully:
Just remember when it comes to the little woman: It's easer to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.""

who needs permission ?? i get bitched at for passing up a deal on an AR15, let an almost new SP-1 slip thru my fingers because i thot $1200 was too much !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 1:20:42 AM EDT
Hey man, don't feel so bad. I missed out on buying a brand new Colt SP1 for $189 at Montgomery Ward back in the 1970s. That was the going rate back then. I let my Navy buddy talk me out of it because he liked the new Mini-14 that just came out. If you're not in any hurry just wait and the right deal will come along. These days $1000 is about the best price I've seen for a used good condition SP1. Most cost more than that.
Top Top