Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 1:29:28 PM EDT

I'm thinking about finally buying a Colt SP-1 (the type my wife talked me out of buying in the early 1980s). I carried the M16A1 while I was in the U.S. Army, up until 1982.  

I know the SP-1 does not have the forward assist, but is basically similar to the A1, albeit its only semi.  Have regretted not buying it when I had the chance.  I'm thinking they were $600 or so then (oh, the good ol days!).

I have a SAR2 aka AK-74 that I enjoy shooting, so I think I would look for a NIB SP-1 and just sit on it as an investment, if I can withstand the temptation.  Where do you all recommend I start looking.  Have visited Gunsamerica, and they seem to have the selection.  Having missed my chance in the early 80s, I don't want to screw up now that the prices are so high.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
NIB guns are high,and life is short. Buy a shooter and enjoy. Just remember when it comes to the little woman: It's easer to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the Equipment Exchange here on our site.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Having thought it over, I think I'll find a shooter!!  Still sticking to the SP-1.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just remember when it comes to the little woman: It's easer to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Beautifully said. "Well played, Sir," as my Brothers would say.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]

""Quoted:
Just remember when it comes to the little woman: It's easer to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.""

who needs permission ?? i get bitched at for passing up a deal on an AR15, let an almost new SP-1 slip thru my fingers because i thot $1200 was too much !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey man, don't feel so bad. I missed out on buying a brand new Colt SP1 for $189 at Montgomery Ward back in the 1970s. That was the going rate back then. I let my Navy buddy talk me out of it because he liked the new Mini-14 that just came out. If you're not in any hurry just wait and the right deal will come along. These days $1000 is about the best price I've seen for a used good condition SP1. Most cost more than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top