Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/23/2002 9:46:48 AM EDT
Ok, Im going to buy a parts kit for my pre ban Oly. It seems that M&A and Model 1 are very comparible in price. Is one better than the other?
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:58:29 AM EDT
I prefer M&A but I think they are comparable.
Ask for Anna there.
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:54:39 PM EDT
I used as M&A kit is worked fine and looked good,,,,,,,,I'd say try them first they have decent warranty service as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:56:46 PM EDT
I used an M&A kit it worked fine and looked good,,,,,,,,I'd say try them first they have decent warranty service as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:27:03 PM EDT
My buddy got his kit from M&A and I got mine from Model 1 just to see if they were comparable. Every thing about the same except the front sight on the Model 1 is cast, the M&A was forged. After putting the weapon in and out of the case a couple of times the finish is rubbing off the front sight.

Bob B
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:38:48 PM EDT
Model 1 had a booth setup today at the G&N show and had alot of nice stuff. I wanted to get a free-float tube and bi-pod and needed some tech info as well. The guy at the Model 1 booth gaveme short answers like he was thinking "go buy some directions and quit bugging me". So I ended up buying from another guy that had what a wanted but 5-10$ more expensive and lent me his knowledge on breaking down the upper. So anyhow....Id stay away from model 1 :-)~
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:24:31 PM EDT
I talked to the M&A parts crew at a gun show a couple months back and they didn't mind answering questions. Not having built an AR, I had alot of questions and I wasn't given any BS answers.
Top Top