Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2002 9:46:48 AM EDT
Ok, Im going to buy a parts kit for my pre ban Oly.  It seems that M&A and Model 1 are very comparible in price.  Is one better than the other?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer M&A but I think they are comparable.
Ask for Anna there.
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I used as M&A kit is worked fine and looked good,,,,,,,,I'd say try them first they have decent warranty service as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I used an M&A kit it worked fine and looked good,,,,,,,,I'd say try them first they have decent warranty service as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
My buddy got his kit from M&A and I got mine from Model 1 just to see if they were comparable.  Every thing about the same except the front sight on the Model 1 is cast, the M&A was forged.  After putting the weapon in and out of the case a couple of times the finish is rubbing off the front sight.

Bob B
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Model 1 had a booth setup today at the G&N show and had alot of nice stuff. I wanted to get a free-float tube and bi-pod and needed some tech info as well. The guy at the Model 1 booth gaveme short answers like he was thinking "go buy some directions and quit bugging me". So I ended up buying from another guy that had what a wanted but 5-10$ more expensive and lent me his knowledge on breaking down the upper. So anyhow....Id stay away from model 1 :-)~
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I talked to the M&A parts crew at a gun show a couple months back and they didn't mind answering questions.  Not having built an AR, I had alot of questions and I wasn't given any BS answers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top