Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/15/2002 4:53:56 PM EDT
I heard that if a person buys more than two handguns at a time from a dealer, the dealer has to fill out a special form.

If this is true, what is this form called? What is its purpose? Who does the dealer send the form to?

Does this apply to all firearms or just handguns?

Thanks HW
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:01:44 PM EDT
Yes it is true. I occasionally will purchase more than one handgun at the same time and the dealer has had to fill out a multiple firearms purchase from. This has actually been in affect for over ten years that I know of for sure.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:09:36 PM EDT
The FFL dealer has to fill out form ATF F 3310.4, otherwise known as: "Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers" if you have acquired one or more pistols/revolvers at one time during five consecutive business days.

You can see a copy of the form here:

Top Top