Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/11/2002 4:04:08 AM EST
So let's say somebody wanted to do this.
I get having to fill out the Form 1, and getting the signoff and all the other ATF hoops.

Here's the question: who to do a barrel? What places would either make, or cut down the existing 16 inch barrel into a UMP style barrel?

And what's the length on a UMP's barrel anyway.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:33:13 AM EST
btt

Don't make me get a stick.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:55:17 AM EST
I had considered doing this myself when there was some debate over the USC's stock classification. If I were going to do this, I would just buy the UMP barrel and install it. You could cut down the original barrel, but if the point of the exercise is to make it look like a UMP, buy the mushroomed barrel, dye the stock black, etc.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:02:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rabbit9:
I had considered doing this myself when there was some debate over the USC's stock classification. If I were going to do this, I would just buy the UMP barrel and install it. You could cut down the original barrel, but if the point of the exercise is to make it look like a UMP, buy the mushroomed barrel, dye the stock black, etc.

I wasn't aware that buying the UMP barrel was an option in making a SBR. Didn't think HK sold such things to us civilians. Can I just order it from HK when the Form 1 clears?

And what do you mean by "debate over the USC's stock classification"?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:31:20 AM EST
Spade,

You might want to search over at www.HKPRO.COM or www.hk-54.com BOth places have soem old post about SBR'ing USC's, along with who did it.

In the good ol' day's, you know, about a year ago, you used to be able to buy a NEW UMP barrel for $530-$580. Any HK dealer could order it for you. I guess the br*tish fags got word of it, because they put a stop to it. New policy is, UMP barrels can only be sold as a replacement, and you have to send the origional UMP into HK, INC to have THEM replace it.

So, good luck finding one. . . It'd have to be one someone bought before then. . . .

-Justin
Top Top