Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2002 5:04:08 AM EDT
So let's say somebody wanted to do this.
I get having to fill out the Form 1, and getting the signoff and all the other ATF hoops.

Here's the question: who to do a barrel? What places would either make, or cut down the existing 16 inch barrel into a UMP style barrel?

And what's the length on a UMP's barrel anyway.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:33:13 AM EDT
[#1]
btt

Don't make me get a stick.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I had considered doing this myself when there was some debate over the USC's stock classification.  If I were going to do this, I would just buy the UMP barrel and install it.  You could cut down the original barrel, but if the point of the exercise is to make it look like a UMP, buy the mushroomed barrel, dye the stock black, etc.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:02:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had considered doing this myself when there was some debate over the USC's stock classification.  If I were going to do this, I would just buy the UMP barrel and install it.  You could cut down the original barrel, but if the point of the exercise is to make it look like a UMP, buy the mushroomed barrel, dye the stock black, etc.

I wasn't aware that buying the UMP barrel was an option in making a SBR. Didn't think HK sold such things to us civilians. Can I just order it from HK when the Form 1 clears?

And what do you mean by "debate over the USC's stock classification"?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Spade,

You might want to search over at www.HKPRO.COM or www.hk-54.com BOth places have soem old post about SBR'ing USC's, along with who did it.

In the good ol' day's, you know, about a year ago, you used to be able to buy a NEW UMP barrel for $530-$580. Any HK dealer could order it for you.  I guess the br*tish fags got word of it, because they put a stop to it. New policy is, UMP barrels can only be sold as a replacement, and you have to send the origional UMP into HK, INC to have THEM replace it.

So, good luck finding one. . . It'd have to be one someone bought before then. . . .

-Justin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top