Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 1/20/2008 1:20:55 PM EST
First off, this is for duty use. The weapon I an looking for a holster for is a 1911 w/Dawson rail and Surefire x200. The vest I purchased is coming with a holster on it, but it has a plastic fastex type buckle. I don't really care for that type of connector on a holster. The holster I am looking at has a traditional thumb break. It also will accommodate the weapon with and without the light attached. I was looking at the SERPA platform, but that does not allow for a weapon light to be attached....maybe the lower part of the SERPA could be opened up with a Dremel tool to allow the light to stick out while keeping the weapon secured. I dunno. Anyway, here's the holster I found. If you guys know of any that are similar or might fit my needs, please let me know.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:08:03 PM EST
i prefer safariland, but not sure if the dawson rail will fit any of the holsters for a 1911.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:45:12 PM EST
i was thinking about the same holster and would like input as well.

i have a safariland 6004 for my duty and SWAT rig and i HATE the hood. i understand the concept and the reason for it, i just can't stand using it. i much prefer a thumb break.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 8:42:12 PM EST
I can't find anyone that has used this holster, either contacts in other LE departments or etc. Most of them just stick their secondary weapons in a mag pocket on a tac vest cause they already have it or use the holster that came with their crossdraw holster. I don't care for those plastic fastex buckles and would rather have a thumbbreak. I dunno, I guess its just me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:30:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By southlak9cop:
I can't find anyone that has used this holster, either contacts in other LE departments or etc. Most of them just stick their secondary weapons in a mag pocket on a tac vest cause they already have it or use the holster that came with their crossdraw holster. I don't care for those plastic fastex buckles and would rather have a thumbbreak. I dunno, I guess its just me.

I had one that I reviewed on Lightfighter a couple years ago, when they first came out. In a nutshell, because I don't want to retype or copy-paste, it's an OK holster. It's adjustable to fit a WIDE variety of weapons...that's really the only thing going for it. Otherwise it's nothing special as a MOLLE holster and it's fairly bulky. So, if you need the ability to fit a variety of weapons, or you can't find another holster for your weapon configuration, this might be an option.

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:31:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/21/2008 9:31:27 PM EST by TimW]
double-tap
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 5:49:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/22/2008 5:49:26 AM EST by skebe]
I use this holster to fit my CZ-P01 with TLR-1 light onto my vest.

It does in fact have a thumb-break. It also has a fastex "jump" buckle for when you're practicing dive rolls (I guess).

Anyway it's not a bad holster at all after you get it setup.The main reason I needed it was to have a Molle compatible holster for a pistol w/light. Not many people make one that fits a P01, much less a P01 with light & Molle.

I think BladeTech is making one now for the CZ& I may switch to it as I prefer kydex over codura.
Top Top