Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2008 2:20:55 PM EDT
First off, this is for duty use.  The weapon I an looking for a holster for is a 1911 w/Dawson rail and Surefire x200.  The vest I purchased is coming with a holster on it, but it has a plastic fastex type buckle.  I don't really care for that type of connector on a holster.  The holster I am looking at has a traditional thumb break.  It also will accommodate the weapon with and without the light attached.  I was looking at the SERPA platform, but that does not allow for a weapon light to be attached....maybe the lower part of the SERPA could be opened up with a Dremel tool to allow the light to stick out while keeping the weapon secured.  I dunno.  Anyway, here's the holster I found.  If you guys know of any that are similar or might fit my needs, please let me know.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i prefer safariland, but not sure if the dawson rail will fit any of the holsters for a 1911.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
i was thinking about the same holster and would like input as well.

i have a safariland 6004 for my duty and SWAT rig and i HATE the hood. i understand the concept and the reason for it, i just can't stand using it. i much prefer a thumb break.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't find anyone that has used this holster, either contacts in other LE departments or etc.  Most of them just stick their secondary weapons in a mag pocket on a tac vest cause they already have it or use the holster that came with their crossdraw holster.  I don't care for those plastic fastex buckles and would rather have a thumbbreak.  I dunno, I guess its just me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I can't find anyone that has used this holster, either contacts in other LE departments or etc.  Most of them just stick their secondary weapons in a mag pocket on a tac vest cause they already have it or use the holster that came with their crossdraw holster.  I don't care for those plastic fastex buckles and would rather have a thumbbreak.  I dunno, I guess its just me.

I had one that I reviewed on Lightfighter a couple years ago, when they first came out.  In a nutshell, because I don't want to retype or copy-paste, it's an OK holster.  It's adjustable to fit a WIDE variety of weapons...that's really the only thing going for it.  Otherwise it's nothing special as a MOLLE holster and it's fairly bulky.  So, if you need the ability to fit a variety of weapons, or you can't find another holster for your weapon configuration, this might be an option.

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
double-tap
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I use this holster to fit my CZ-P01 with TLR-1 light onto my vest.

It does in fact have a thumb-break. It also has a fastex "jump" buckle for when you're practicing dive rolls (I guess).

Anyway it's not a bad holster at all after you get it setup.The main reason I needed it was to have a Molle compatible holster for a pistol w/light. Not many people make one that fits a P01, much less a P01 with light & Molle.

I think BladeTech is making one now for the CZ& I may switch to it as I prefer kydex over codura.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top