Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2009 5:48:16 AM EDT
Do any of you guys/gals have a Liberty safe? There is a lock smith store near by and they have the new "Fat Boy" series. Are they any good?

Here is the link to the safe. The price I got was around $2k with delivery.

Liberty Safe - Fat Boy Series
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 6:12:19 AM EDT
Got one. Love it.

Whatever size you think will suit your need...buy one a lot bigger. Trust me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 8:24:36 AM EDT
A shop about 5 miles away from me has been selling Fatboy Jr.'s for $999...they'll load it on your trailer but you have do the rest yourself. They've been selling quite a few of them...I was there a couple of weeks ago and they sold the two that they had just received that morning in about 30 minutes to walk-in's who were looking for a safe.

Nice looking safes for the $$$, but the Jr.'s are only fire-rated for 30 minutes and only have active bolts on 2 sides of the door.

Don't know what a regular Fatboy would go for delivered but I think your shop sounds a little over-priced.

Look around and see if you can find a Summit Safes Ranier 35...see what the price for one of those is. Then compare specs...

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 4:55:18 PM EDT
I have the Lincoln 50
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:17:19 PM EDT
I'd rather spend $800 more and get a Sturdy that's made of 7ga. and is 6 ft. tall with 1/4" plate reinforcing the side walls.  Liberty's 11ga. is a joke.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:16:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ftldrben:
Got one. Love it.

You know I use to go by the "Buy the next size up" theory but their will come a time when I have to sell the house.  Then I have to either figure out how Im gonna move a 1200 lb safe or leave it.    
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:25:02 PM EDT
Friend of mine owns Liberty Safes of NJ in Marlton NJ and delivers to Pa depending on where. I have two and both are good safes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:38:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BoeBee:

Got one. Love it.

You know I use to go by the "Buy the next size up" theory but their will come a time when I have to sell the house.  Then I have to either figure out how Im gonna move a 1200 lb safe or leave it.    

The solution is simple.  You hire movers.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:54:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Silent_Knight:
I'd rather spend $800 more and get a Sturdy that's made of 7ga. and is 6 ft. tall with 1/4" plate reinforcing the side walls.  Liberty's 11ga. is a joke.

They do not have 1/4" plate reinforcing the side walls.  If they are 7 ga. sheet metal body, they will have a 5/16" plate door according to their website.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:21:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2009 10:22:05 AM EDT by AR-Builder-Upper]
Originally Posted By jbombelli:

Originally Posted By BoeBee:
Got one. Love it.

The solution is simple.  You hire movers.

+100

Moving from apartment to apartment = no big deal Pain in the ass.
Moving from apartment to house = no big deal Pain in the ass.
Moving from house to house = hire movers, but make sure they're good and insured!
Top Top