Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2009 5:48:16 AM EDT
Do any of you guys/gals have a Liberty safe? There is a lock smith store near by and they have the new "Fat Boy" series. Are they any good?

Here is the link to the safe. The price I got was around $2k with delivery.

Liberty Safe - Fat Boy Series
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Got one. Love it.

Whatever size you think will suit your need...buy one a lot bigger. Trust me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]
A shop about 5 miles away from me has been selling Fatboy Jr.'s for $999...they'll load it on your trailer but you have do the rest yourself. They've been selling quite a few of them...I was there a couple of weeks ago and they sold the two that they had just received that morning in about 30 minutes to walk-in's who were looking for a safe.

Nice looking safes for the $$$, but the Jr.'s are only fire-rated for 30 minutes and only have active bolts on 2 sides of the door.

Don't know what a regular Fatboy would go for delivered but I think your shop sounds a little over-priced.

Look around and see if you can find a Summit Safes Ranier 35...see what the price for one of those is. Then compare specs...

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Lincoln 50
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather spend $800 more and get a Sturdy that's made of 7ga. and is 6 ft. tall with 1/4" plate reinforcing the side walls.  Liberty's 11ga. is a joke.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got one. Love it.

You know I use to go by the "Buy the next size up" theory but their will come a time when I have to sell the house.  Then I have to either figure out how Im gonna move a 1200 lb safe or leave it.    
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Friend of mine owns Liberty Safes of NJ in Marlton NJ and delivers to Pa depending on where. I have two and both are good safes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got one. Love it.

You know I use to go by the "Buy the next size up" theory but their will come a time when I have to sell the house.  Then I have to either figure out how Im gonna move a 1200 lb safe or leave it.    

The solution is simple.  You hire movers.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd rather spend $800 more and get a Sturdy that's made of 7ga. and is 6 ft. tall with 1/4" plate reinforcing the side walls.  Liberty's 11ga. is a joke.

They do not have 1/4" plate reinforcing the side walls.  If they are 7 ga. sheet metal body, they will have a 5/16" plate door according to their website.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Got one. Love it.

The solution is simple.  You hire movers.

+100

Moving from apartment to apartment = no big deal Pain in the ass.
Moving from apartment to house = no big deal Pain in the ass.
Moving from house to house = hire movers, but make sure they're good and insured!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top