Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:18:56 AM EDT
My goal is to have 16" total barrel.  Anyone heard of building an integral suppressor onto a AR barrel.  The barrel would need to be cut shorter that 16" but with the suppressor permanently attached (totaling 16"), only the suppressor would need the stamp.  Is my thought process correct in regards to legality?

Also seems plenty of suppressor, expansion chamber, could be stuffed under a floating rail handguard.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have talket to G-Man before and they blind pin the cans on.  They say if you wanted to have the can removed and mounted on another barrel they will provide that service for you.  Not sure what it costs but it can be done.  You also wouldn't want a can perm attached from a cleaning standpoint.  What happens when you clean your barrel with solvents.  The can will fill with solvent and it will sit in the baffles until you shoot it again.  That can't be good for the can.

MadDog
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My goal is to have 16" total barrel.  Anyone heard of building an integral suppressor onto a AR barrel.  The barrel would need to be cut shorter that 16" but with the suppressor permanently attached (totaling 16"), only the suppressor would need the stamp.  Is my thought process correct in regards to legality?

Also seems plenty of suppressor, expansion chamber, could be stuffed under a floating rail handguard.

www.srtarms.com/custom.htm

ETA: I don't own SRT stuff.  Well, technically I do, but I am waiting on ATF approval.  He comes with a great reputation though and I've had several email conversations with him.

ETA2: To clarify, because of the gas system there's only so much barrel that can be made to be "integral", but I'd bet that if this is what you want, SRT is the guy to talk to.  Me, I'd go with one of his integral 9mm uppers if I wanted an integral AR can.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

ETA: I don't own SRT stuff.  Well, technically I do, but I am waiting on ATF approval.  He comes with a great reputation though and I've had several email conversations with him.

ETA2: To clarify, because of the gas system there's only so much barrel that can be made to be "integral", but I'd bet that if this is what you want, SRT is the guy to talk to.  Me, I'd go with one of his integral 9mm uppers if I wanted an integral AR can.

Not too familar with other than 5.56 systems, is 9mm a simple blowback (no gas tube)?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have an integral .45 setup from SRT.  I'd highly reccomend his work.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sweet.  I have his 10/22 pending and I'll be doing a 77/44 in a few months.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not too familar with other than 5.56 systems, is 9mm a simple blowback (no gas tube)?

Correct.  Though I think guys have done DI guns too in that caliber.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here and seconded.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top